Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #31-15 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 31, Number 15 Saturday, 15 July 2000 Today's Topics: TMBG: Kids TMBG: Chronological DAS TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #31-14 TMBG: MR SAXAPHONE TMBG: WUFTM and rest awhile too TMBG: A TMBG Country Jamboree TMBG: Surrender TMBG: WUFTM Re: TMBG: WUFTM Re:TMBG: A TMBG Country Jamboree Re: TMBG: WUFTM Re: TMBG: WUFTM Re: TMBG: WUFTM TMBG: Country/Rock TMBG: Lucky Ball and Chain (was: Cheesy Talk Show Trainspotting) Re: TMBG: Lucky Ball and Chain (was: Cheesy Talk Show Trainspotting) Re: Non-TMBG: Sob Story Re: TMBG: Joshua Fried remix... TMBG: Railroad Apartment Re: Non-TMBG: Sob Story TMBG: Re: Country/Rock Re: Non-TMBG: Sob Story Re: TMBG: Re: Country/Rock Re: Non-TMBG: Sob Story Re: Non-TMBG: Sob Story Re[2]: Non-TMBG: Sob Story Re: Non-TMBG: Sob Story Re: TMBG: Country/Rock Re: Non-TMBG: Sob Story Re: Non-TMBG: Sob Story TMBG: Istanbul 12" Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <002001bfed6c$1670b800$c5083c3e@default> From: "alanhooper" Subject: TMBG: Kids Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 09:18:25 +0100 Hi, I've just recieved an email from Esprit (http://eil.com) and they have an advanced cd of the kids album. I don't know if it is the No! album or what it is. Does anyone on the list recognise the title. The cd has Istanbul on it, so I think it could be old. It has 13 tracks and costs #40 (oops). I hope it is special or I've just bought another copy of flood. AL - the cute, sweet, thoughtful one at the back of the room. ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 07:34:24 -0500 (CDT) From: "Peter L. Vachuska" Subject: TMBG: Chronological DAS Message-ID: Can someone point me to a chronological listing of songs as they appeared on DAS or at least a general ordering of oldest to newest? Thanks- -Peter (There Must Be Gradation) ------------------------------ From: surrealer@cfu.net Message-Id: <200007141331.IAA16556@enterprise.cfu.net> Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #31-14 Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 13:30:21 GMT Bongo wrote: > Speaking of State Songs and driving. I'm jolted every time I hear "Iowa" > while driving because it starts with a sudden long note that sounds like > a car horn. It gets me every time. For a brief moment, I think someone is > about to plow into me. Why else do you think he calls Iowa a witch? ;) I haven't had this experience with State Songs, but I have listened to the album "Surrender" by the Chemical Brothers in the car, and the second song on that (whose name escapes me) starts off with a sound much like a car getting closer and closer, so it made me think there's a big vehicle about to hit me. -Sean, who lives in Iowa, and knows that she'll turn anyone who thinks she doesn't exist into a newt. * --------------------------------------------- This message was sent from the CFU POP3 Web Interface. This message is the property of the sender and is not affiliated with the Cedar Falls Utilities in any way. Report complaints to abuse@cfu.net. ------------------------------ From: csxt4290@wapsmail.com Message-Id: Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 08:54:26 -0500 (CDT) Subject: TMBG: MR SAXAPHONE OOOH!!! I work for a parking company here in Akron 3rd shift! and the deck is deserted!! I have a nifty little intercom phone with lotsa little buttons going to speaker-mics all over the place, and one BIG button marked "ALL CALL"!!! OOH! wonderful acoustics for DOCTOR WORM!! STEVE! AMPCO MAN!! ----------------------------- I NEED $6000.00! PLEASE HELP! **--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--**--** Steve McMullen Akron,Ohio AOL IM: "CSX 4290" My Website: http://www.angelfire.com/oh3/csx4290 <---<< ************************************************************ $$$$$$$$ I AM PAID TO SURF THE NET!! ARE YOU???? $$$$$$$$ +----------------------------------------------------------+ | Is That Your Final Answer???? | +----------------------------------------------------------+ It's Time to Take Advantage of the Internet. Get PAID! Join AllAdvantage.com at: http://alladvantage.com/go.asp?refid=LGZ-102 ********************************************************** .................................... Get your own free email account from http://www.wapsfm.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000714140424.41688.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Chrissy Rockwell" Subject: TMBG: WUFTM and rest awhile too Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 10:04:16 -0400 Is anyone else's cd mastered like shit? Where the next track is at the end of the track before it...and then it like starts again when the next track starts. and http://www.banned-width.com/shel/works/rest.html is pretty neat and i dont know if it has been discussed here before Chrissy ------------------------------ Date: 14 Jul 2000 07:16:29 -0800 Message-ID: <-1248563509ggr@wlg.com> From: Bongo Subject: TMBG: A TMBG Country Jamboree When I said that "Counterfeit Faker" was TMBG's only country song, these songs were suggested: Unrelated Thing Alienation's For the Rich Cowtown Lucky Ball & Chain I forgot about Alienation's For the Rich. The guitar in Unrelated Thing has that country kind of twang. The other two songs don't quite have that country sound to me but they come close and could be adapted easily. I just thought of another one... Minimum Wage has that western cattle drive sound, doesn't it? Okay, that's six songs for Marie. To counter them, now Donny needs six songs that exemplify the traditional rock sound and/or have rock themed lyrics. XTC Vs. Adam Ant comes to mind because its deals with rock bands (albeit New Wave ones) and its got that heavy guitar sound. We Want a Rock has that rockin' title. Cyclops Rock is rockin' both in its tile and sound. I'll have to think about others. -B O N G O ------------------------------ From: MikeTheGiant@aol.com Message-ID: <14.651ac2b.26a07a13@aol.com> Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 10:13:39 EDT Subject: TMBG: Surrender In a message dated 7/14/00 9:32:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time, surrealer@cfu.net writes: << I haven't had this experience with State Songs, but I have listened to the album "Surrender" by the Chemical Brothers in the car, and the second song on that (whose name escapes me) starts off with a sound much like a car getting closer and closer, so it made me think there's a big vehicle about to hit me. >> I used to have the same problem with this song, only I think that it sounds more like an airplane or helicopter, than a car. It used to freak out my dad while I was driving him and I around. Mike "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin ------------------------------ From: MikeTheGiant@aol.com Message-ID: <36.89f46a9.26a07a31@aol.com> Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 10:14:09 EDT Subject: TMBG: WUFTM In a message dated 7/14/00 10:05:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time, rockwellchr@hotmail.com writes: << Is anyone else's cd mastered like shit? Where the next track is at the end of the track before it...and then it like starts again when the next track starts. and http://www.banned-width.com/shel/works/rest.html is pretty neat and i dont know if it has been discussed here before Chrissy >> My cd works fine. Mike Stabile "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin ------------------------------ From: PRMega@aol.com Message-ID: <3a.7d397bc.26a081ae@aol.com> Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 10:46:06 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: WUFTM << Is anyone else's cd mastered like shit? Where the next track is at the end of the track before it...and then it like starts again when the next track starts. >> I don't have this problem with WUFTM, but that happens on the last 2 or 3 songs on my State Songs CD. Anyone else have this? PR Mega ------------------------------ From: karinh@sterl.com Message-Id: <0007149635.AA963587900@smtplink.sterl.com> Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 11:18:15 -0400 Subject: Re:TMBG: A TMBG Country Jamboree Bongo sez: >> XTC Vs. Adam Ant comes to mind because its deals with rock bands (albeit New Wave ones) and its got that heavy guitar sound. We Want a Rock has that rockin' title. Cyclops Rock is rockin' both in its tile and sound. I'll have to think about others.<< Rhythm Section Want Ad?? Not specifically Rock, but just about anything besides country.... Karin H ** FREE THE ESPO 67 ** ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000714160655.65989.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Chrissy Rockwell" Subject: Re: TMBG: WUFTM Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 12:06:56 -0400 The odd thing is... when i play it on my cd player it isnt fed up...and with the windows cd player it isnt...but with winamp it is Chrissy ----- Original Message ----- From: To: Sent: Friday, July 14, 2000 10:46 AM Subject: Re: TMBG: WUFTM > << Is anyone else's cd mastered like shit? Where the next track is at the > end of the track before it...and then it like starts again when the next > track starts. >> > > I don't have this problem with WUFTM, but that happens on the last 2 or 3 > songs on my State Songs CD. Anyone else have this? > > PR Mega > ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000714160700.66028.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Chrissy Rockwell" Subject: Re: TMBG: WUFTM Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 12:07:01 -0400 The odd thing is... when i play it on my cd player it isnt fed up...and with the windows cd player it isnt...but with winamp it is Chrissy ----- Original Message ----- From: To: Sent: Friday, July 14, 2000 10:46 AM Subject: Re: TMBG: WUFTM > << Is anyone else's cd mastered like shit? Where the next track is at the > end of the track before it...and then it like starts again when the next > track starts. >> > > I don't have this problem with WUFTM, but that happens on the last 2 or 3 > songs on my State Songs CD. Anyone else have this? > > PR Mega > ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000714160825.63932.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Chrissy Rockwell" Subject: Re: TMBG: WUFTM Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 12:08:07 -0400 The odd thing is... when i play it on my cd player it isnt fed up...and with the windows cd player it isnt...but with winamp it is Chrissy ----- Original Message ----- From: To: Sent: Friday, July 14, 2000 10:46 AM Subject: Re: TMBG: WUFTM > << Is anyone else's cd mastered like shit? Where the next track is at the > end of the track before it...and then it like starts again when the next > track starts. >> > > I don't have this problem with WUFTM, but that happens on the last 2 or 3 > songs on my State Songs CD. Anyone else have this? > > PR Mega > ------------------------------ From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (ASTROGIMP) Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 09:41:16 -0700 (PDT) Subject: TMBG: Country/Rock Message-ID: <28197-396F42AC-6069@storefull-246.iap.bryant.webtv.net> What one of the most obvious TMBG country tunes (at least, to me, anyway) - #3? So, I would have it be like this... Marie: #3, Unrelated Thing, Alienation's For The Rich, Lucky Ball & Chain, Cowtown, Counterfeit Faker Donny: XTC vs. Adam Ant, Rat Patrol, (She Was A) Hotel Detective, Snail Shell, Cyclops Rock, On The Drag Off the top of my head, those were the rockinest TMBG songs I could think of. Anyway, that's how my lineup would be. Now to try and contact those darn Osmonds. Dexter Flansburgh http://community.webtv.net/GhostKrabb http://www.hello.to/Bootlegs (my tape trade page) ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 12:51:40 -0400 From: "Yer Pal Paul" Message-ID: <8kng46$2vda$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Lucky Ball and Chain (was: Cheesy Talk Show Trainspotting) karinh@sterl.com wrote in message <0007139635.AA963507671@smtplink.sterl.com>... >To give this subject Way more than its allotted 15 minutes of fame: >That "Lucky Ball & Chain" song, which is the only TMBG song I actually can't >stand, so I don't even remember the title exactly. That's country enough fer >me.... Someone has to say it: I love that song! How can you not stand a song with the lyrics "I was young and foolish then/ I feel old and foolish now." But someone tell me please, WTF is a "Railroad Apartment"? Yer Pal Paul Not back on that old Time is Money kick, still on it. ------------------------------ From: Matt James Message-Id: <200007141653.MAA09670@fellspt.charm.net> Subject: Re: TMBG: Lucky Ball and Chain (was: Cheesy Talk Show Trainspotting) Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 12:53:39 -0400 (EDT) A "railroad apartment" is, from what I understand, a long, thin fairly small apartment that you might often find in NYC. -Matt > > karinh@sterl.com wrote in message > <0007139635.AA963507671@smtplink.sterl.com>... > >To give this subject Way more than its allotted 15 minutes of fame: > >That "Lucky Ball & Chain" song, which is the only TMBG song I actually > can't > >stand, so I don't even remember the title exactly. That's country enough > fer > >me.... > > > Someone has to say it: I love that song! How can you not stand a song with > the lyrics "I was young and foolish then/ I feel old and foolish now." But > someone tell me please, WTF is a "Railroad Apartment"? > > Yer Pal Paul > Not back on that old Time is Money kick, still on it. > > ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 12:58:38 -0400 From: "Yer Pal Paul" Message-ID: <8kngha$2vnd$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Sob Story Jason wrote in message <4.3.2.7.0.20000712155321.00a8f570@email.psu.edu>... >Hey, Hey >Anyway, last night my car was broken into in my driveway. Like a moron, I >had about 80 cds in there, Sorry to here it. The irony is that the type of people who ripe off cars seldom appreciate the subtle magic that is TMBG. Also this is the exact reason why I keep just a good olde cassette player in my car: 1) no one steals cassette players anymore, and 2) it forces me to make copies of all my TMBG CD's and keep the originals all safe and snug at home in a fire-proof safe. Yer Pal Paul Not back on that old Time is Money kick, still on it. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000714171837.30942.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Ian The Bold" Subject: Re: TMBG: Joshua Fried remix... Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 13:18:37 EDT I would love to page Mr. Saxophone at the great great House of Guitars, where I work, but I am relatively new and don't want to screw myself. You never know. I may do it. Mr Saxophone himself, Ian ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Date: 14 Jul 2000 10:22:03 -0700 Message-ID: <-1248552375ggr@wlg.com> From: Bongo Richardson Subject: TMBG: Railroad Apartment Matt James wrote: >A "railroad apartment" is, from what I understand, a long, thin >fairly small apartment that you might often find in NYC. >-Matt Yes, that's what it is. The rooms are lined up in one long stretch like boxcars. If the bathroom is at the back of the apartment, you would need to walk through every room other to get to it (like the caboose of a train.) If you would like to see a good example of a railroad apartment (and learn their origin) rent the movie "The Last Days of Disco". Besides that its a good movie (and its really not about disco.) -B O N G O ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000714183809.39798.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Chrissy Rockwell" Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Sob Story Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 14:37:57 -0400 OH is that so? Are TMBG listeneres just so much better than the rest of the world that they wouldnt steal cars? or oh i get it the people who steal cars only listen to Eminem or Dre right? Dont be such a classist bastard. > The irony is that the type of people who ripe off cars > seldom appreciate the subtle magic that is TMBG. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <002c01bfedc5$2be918e0$a600a8c0@icka.net> From: "The Bastard Snowman" Subject: TMBG: Re: Country/Rock Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 12:56:03 -0600 What about 'Stomp Box'? I always thought of that as a nice, rockin' song. :0) Signed, Nick Wolf, TMBG Ambassador to the State of New Mexico And then there was my NEW AND IMPROVED web page... http://www.nmt.edu/~refund/ http://www.nmt.edu/~refund/webcam.html (Webcam for those of you who have nothing better to do than stare at my mug all day.) AND a MUSH, too... (Based on Anne McCaffrey's Pern novels.) telnet://mush1.nis4u.com:4201 ----- Original Message ----- From: "ASTROGIMP" To: "They Might Be Giants" Sent: Friday, July 14, 2000 10:41 AM Subject: TMBG: Country/Rock > What one of the most obvious TMBG country tunes (at least, to me, > anyway) - #3? > > So, I would have it be like this... > Marie: #3, Unrelated Thing, Alienation's For The Rich, Lucky Ball & > Chain, Cowtown, Counterfeit Faker > > Donny: XTC vs. Adam Ant, Rat Patrol, (She Was A) Hotel Detective, Snail > Shell, Cyclops Rock, On The Drag > > Off the top of my head, those were the rockinest TMBG songs I could > think of. > > Anyway, that's how my lineup would be. Now to try and contact those darn > Osmonds. > > Dexter Flansburgh > http://community.webtv.net/GhostKrabb > http://www.hello.to/Bootlegs (my tape trade page) > ------------------------------ Message-ID: <003a01bfedc5$70763b00$a600a8c0@icka.net> From: "The Bastard Snowman" Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Sob Story Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 12:58:03 -0600 Whoa there, turbo. Calm down. I hardly think the comment was meant to offend anyone. Lesson #1 for life: take everything people say with a grain of salt - if that doesn't work, down the whole shaker. Signed, Nick Wolf, TMBG Ambassador to the State of New Mexico And then there was my NEW AND IMPROVED web page... http://www.nmt.edu/~refund/ http://www.nmt.edu/~refund/webcam.html (Webcam for those of you who have nothing better to do than stare at my mug all day.) AND a MUSH, too... (Based on Anne McCaffrey's Pern novels.) telnet://mush1.nis4u.com:4201 ----- Original Message ----- From: "Chrissy Rockwell" To: "Yer Pal Paul" ; Sent: Friday, July 14, 2000 12:37 PM Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Sob Story > OH is that so? Are TMBG listeneres just so much better than the rest of the > world that they wouldnt steal cars? or oh i get it the people who steal > cars only listen to Eminem or Dre right? > Dont be such a classist bastard. > > The irony is that the type of people who ripe off cars > > seldom appreciate the subtle magic that is TMBG. > ------------------------------ From: MikeTheGiant@aol.com Message-ID: <6f.7a901eb.26a0bb5a@aol.com> Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 14:52:10 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Country/Rock In a message dated 7/14/00 2:50:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time, refund@nmt.edu writes: << What about 'Stomp Box'? I always thought of that as a nice, rockin' song. :0) Signed, Nick Wolf, TMBG Ambassador to the State of New Mexico >> I, myself, always thought that "Stomp Box" didn't really sound too much like Them, until the end with the trumpet and everything. I love the song, but it's just a little different. Mike Stabile "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 13:53:27 -0500 From: John David Crafton Message-ID: <396F61A7.80A6889D@yahoo.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Sob Story Chrissy Rockwell wrote: > > OH is that so? Are TMBG listeneres just so much better than the rest of the > world that they wouldnt steal cars? or oh i get it the people who steal > cars only listen to Eminem or Dre right? > Dont be such a classist bastard. give him a break, he said seldom ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 14:58:32 -0400 From: "Yer Pal Paul" Message-ID: <8knnj9$221$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Sob Story Chrissy Rockwell wrote in message <20000714183809.39798.qmail@hotmail.com>... >OH is that so? Are TMBG listeneres just so much better than the rest of the >world that they wouldnt steal cars? or oh i get it the people who steal >cars only listen to Eminem or Dre right? Well, I was thinking more along the lines of Kid Rock, but yeah. >> The irony is that the type of people who ripe off cars >> seldom appreciate the subtle magic that is TMBG. Is it so hard to believe that people who listen to songs about getting sh*tfaced drunk, and slapping up their bitches are more likely to, say, steal cars than people who listen to songs about blue canary night-lights, and Belgian artists? >Dont be such a classist bastard. Bastard? Perhaps. Who am I to say? But I fail to see where class enters into it. Yer Pal Paul Not back on that old Time is Money kick, still on it. ------------------------------ From: karinh@sterl.com Message-Id: <0007149636.AA963601072@smtplink.sterl.com> Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 14:57:47 -0400 Subject: Re[2]: Non-TMBG: Sob Story Well, hey, before we get started, let's take a poll of all the list-ees, & see how many of us are car thieves. Then we can go to, oh, say a Puff Daddy list or an Eminem list and ask the same question. It's not classist, (classist? is that even a word?) it's just that people who appreciate irony and whimsy and obscure puns generally aren't car thieves. No sir, we'd be more like..... snipers, or arsonists, or litterers. Or maybe wearers of Tele-Tubbie backpacks. Definitely not car thieves, though . Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ____________________Reply Separator____________________ Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Sob Story Author: "Chrissy Rockwell" Date: 07/14/00 2:37 PM OH is that so? Are TMBG listeneres just so much better than the rest of the world that they wouldnt steal cars? or oh i get it the people who steal cars only listen to Eminem or Dre right? Dont be such a classist bastard. > The irony is that the type of people who ripe off cars > seldom appreciate the subtle magic that is TMBG. ------------------------------ From: "Matt Schempp" Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 14:24:59 -0500 Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Sob Story Message-Id: From: "Chrissy Rockwell" To: "Yer Pal Paul" , Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Sob Story Date sent: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 14:37:57 -0400 Send reply to: "Chrissy Rockwell" > OH is that so? Are TMBG listeneres just so much better than the rest of the > world that they wouldnt steal cars? or oh i get it the people who steal > cars only listen to Eminem or Dre right? Hey, I Iisten to Enimen and Dre. But on the other hand, it's kinda impossible to listen to TMBG, due to the magnificent crapulence that is commercial radio, unless you have the ability to buy CDs. Thus, you kinda need disposable income to appreciate TMBG, unlike the stuff you hear on the radio. > Dont be such a classist bastard. And who brought up class in the first place? Or are you saying that only poor people steal CDs? I would proabably beg to differ. MadS > > The irony is that the type of people who ripe off cars > > seldom appreciate the subtle magic that is TMBG. > ------------------------------ From: EmarZero@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 16:33:28 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Country/Rock In a message dated 7/14/00 12:41:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time, GhostKrabb@webtv.net writes: > Donny: XTC vs. Adam Ant, Rat Patrol, (She Was A) Hotel Detective, Snail > Shell, Cyclops Rock, On The Drag I'd drop Snail Shell and add Sensurround. Sensurround is an asswhoopin' lil tune. Vastly underrated. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <396F79A8.52B0E2E4@mailandnews.com> Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 15:35:52 -0500 From: Destin Berthelot Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Sob Story Hey everybody... don't worry about Chrissy. She spazzed out on me a couple months back for saying it was okay to release music only in mp3 format... called me a "silver spooner" and various other funny names. She's appointed herself official champion of the indignant proletariat and won't be swayed from her mission. Just ignore her, it'll all go away. Destin Oh, and I updated my Visual Discography with the WUFTM EP and stuff. http://members.xoom.com/theymightbe/ Chrissy Rockwell wrote: > OH is that so? Are TMBG listeneres just so much better than the rest of the > world that they wouldnt steal cars? or oh i get it the people who steal > cars only listen to Eminem or Dre right? > Dont be such a classist bastard. > > The irony is that the type of people who ripe off cars > > seldom appreciate the subtle magic that is TMBG. ------------------------------ From: EmarZero@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 16:37:17 EDT Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Sob Story In a message dated 7/14/00 2:55:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Hypertext_Eye@yahoo.com writes: > Are TMBG listeneres just so much better than the rest of the > > world that they wouldnt steal cars? Yes. TMBG fans should only cross-breed with other TMBG fans, and through controlled eugenics, we will create a race of UBERFANS who will rule every damn thing. Hell yeah. -ez0 ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000715040250.93240.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Matt Brown" Subject: TMBG: Istanbul 12" Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2000 00:02:50 EDT I checked out what they have there and they some rare singles. For instance the Istanbul 12" with all the remixes. For those of you that are interested. --Matt >From: "alanhooper" >Reply-To: "alanhooper" >To: "Tmbg Mail List" >Subject: TMBG: Kids >Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 09:18:25 +0100 > >Hi, > I've just recieved an email from Esprit (http://eil.com) and they >have >an advanced cd of the kids album. I don't know if it is the No! album or >what it is. Does anyone on the list recognise the title. The cd has >Istanbul on it, so I think it could be old. It has 13 tracks and costs #40 >(oops). I hope it is special or I've just bought another copy of flood. > >AL - the cute, sweet, thoughtful one at the back of the room. > ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #31-15 ******************************