Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #31-19 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 31, Number 19 Wednesday, 19 July 2000 Today's Topics: Re:TMBG: Re: tmbg? POPULAR?? Re:TMBG: Re: tmbg? POPULAR?? Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg? POPULAR?? Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg? POPULAR?? Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg? POPULAR?? Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: karinh@sterl.com Message-Id: <0007189639.AA963927247@smtplink.sterl.com> Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 09:33:59 -0400 Subject: Re:TMBG: Re: tmbg? POPULAR?? "makebase" (what is that, anyway? Base like in free...?) sez: >Just to set the record straight, I was NOT suggesting that TMBG should team up with BS.< We all know that, basie. If you actually thought along those lines, you'd be on the 'NSync list, dreaming little dreams of looking like Justin, or Jason, or Jesse, or whatever the bleep his name is, and making mad passionate, umm, music with BS (great initials, though, huh??!??). Or vice versa, if you happen to be female. It's kinda hard to tell with that screen name.... So, safe to say we know humor when we hear it. Anyway, back to work. Or something like work.... Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 08:20:47 -0600 From: "makebase" Message-ID: <8l1ovo$1d0l$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: Re:TMBG: Re: tmbg? POPULAR?? karinh@sterl.com wrote in message <0007189639.AA963927247@smtplink.sterl.com>... >"makebase" (what is that, anyway? Base like in free...?) sez: Just some stupid term we use here at work. I originally started using it as my Instant Messenger screen name because Shaun3653984658 was already taken. >We all know that, basie. If you actually thought along those lines, you'd be on >the 'NSync list, dreaming little dreams of looking like Justin, or Jason, or >Jesse, or whatever the bleep his name is, and making mad passionate, umm, music >with BS (great initials, though, huh??!??). Or vice versa, if you happen to be >female. It's kinda hard to tell with that screen name.... I'm male, and yeah, she has the greatest most appropriate set of initials in all show business. >So, safe to say we know humor when we hear it. I'm glad. Had I made that comment on the newsgroup, I'm sure some hacker would have found some way to break into my computer and format my hard drive or something. And then would have come the obligatory, "Wait a second, I kinda like Britney....I don't get it." Go listees! >Anyway, back to work. Or something like work.... Aw, so I'm not the only one... ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 11:59:51 -0400 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <39747EF7.36F23500@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg? POPULAR?? Yeah, but what does it meeeeeaaaaaaaan??? -acs makebase wrote: > > karinh@sterl.com wrote in message > <0007189639.AA963927247@smtplink.sterl.com>... > >"makebase" (what is that, anyway? Base like in free...?) sez: > > Just some stupid term we use here at work. I originally started using it as > my Instant Messenger screen name because Shaun3653984658 was already taken. > > >We all know that, basie. If you actually thought along those lines, you'd > be on > >the 'NSync list, dreaming little dreams of looking like Justin, or Jason, > or > >Jesse, or whatever the bleep his name is, and making mad passionate, umm, > music > >with BS (great initials, though, huh??!??). Or vice versa, if you happen > to be > >female. It's kinda hard to tell with that screen name.... > > I'm male, and yeah, she has the greatest most appropriate set of initials in > all show business. > > >So, safe to say we know humor when we hear it. > > I'm glad. Had I made that comment on the newsgroup, I'm sure some hacker > would have found some way to break into my computer and format my hard drive > or something. And then would have come the obligatory, "Wait a second, I > kinda like Britney....I don't get it." Go listees! > > >Anyway, back to work. Or something like work.... > > Aw, so I'm not the only one... ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 10:05:30 -0600 From: "makebase" Message-ID: <8l1v43$1gk2$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg? POPULAR?? Adrienne Spruill wrote in message <39747EF7.36F23500@epix.net>... >Yeah, but what does it meeeeeaaaaaaaan??? >-acs Your guess is as good as mine. I'd like to say it actually had some kind of TMBG significance (like some odd numerological reference to I Palendrome I, or something), but alas, it's just a screen name. It's open to interpretation. You can make(base) of it whatever you want. ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 16:32:10 -0400 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <3974BECA.C8C9BEA8@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg? POPULAR?? > interpretation. You can make(base) of it whatever you want. You're just too witty. lol -acs ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #31-19 ******************************