Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #31-21 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 31, Number 21 Friday, 21 July 2000 Today's Topics: TMBG: Hmmmm... Re: (non?)TMBG: Hmmmm... TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #31-20 TMBG: Re:No subject given Re:TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #31-20 TMBG: Re: Re:TMBG: Re: Re: TMBG: Hmmmm... Re: TMBG: Re: Re: TMBG: Re: Re: TMBG: Re: Re: TMBG: Hmmmm... Re: TMBG: Hmmmm... TMBG: Unrelated Things Re: TMBG: Unrelated Things Re: TMBG: Unrelated Things Re: TMBG: Unrelated Things TMBG: Re: TMBG: Cover Songs Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (ASTROGIMP) Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 01:59:59 -0700 (PDT) Subject: TMBG: Hmmmm... Message-ID: <17762-3976BF8F-921@storefull-248.iap.bryant.webtv.net> If I were abducted by (friendly) aliens, I'd bring the following 5 C.D.s - They Might Be Giants: Flood (I know, I know.) Jim's Big Ego: More Songs About Me 12Rods: Separation Anxieties Soul Coughing: Irresistable Bliss Geggy Tah: Sacred Cow Those 5 albums should keep me content. And they're all so brilliant, that I might convert some of the aliens into fans. Can you imagine some space creature cruisin' around some distant planet with They blaring from his flying saucer?! It would be so cool! Oh, and, I'm 15 (my birthday was just last month!) Dexter Flansburgh http://community.webtv.net/GhostKrabb http://www.hello.to/Bootlegs (my tape trade page) ------------------------------ From: "Matt Schempp" Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 08:22:15 -0500 Subject: Re: (non?)TMBG: Hmmmm... Message-Id: > If I were abducted by (friendly) aliens, I'd bring the following 5 C.D.s > - > > They Might Be Giants: Flood (I know, I know.) > Jim's Big Ego: More Songs About Me > 12Rods: Separation Anxieties > Soul Coughing: Irresistable Bliss > Geggy Tah: Sacred Cow Very good choices. I haven't seen anybody who liked Geggy in about three years. So, the new 12Rods is that good, eh? See, they're from Minnesota (where I am) but they decided not to give us their new CD til this week. Ah well... My choices? They are as follows... TMBG: STD Ween: White pepper Momus: Stars Forever Cibo Matto: Stereotype A Geggy Tah: Sacred Cow And, um...I'm 20. MadS ------------------------------ From: surrealer@cfu.net Message-Id: <200007201348.IAA10958@enterprise.cfu.net> Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #31-20 Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 13:48:54 GMT Sam wrote: > Also what is the general age of a Giants fan??? Well my general age is 1-100 years. -Sean * --------------------------------------------- This message was sent from the CFU POP3 Web Interface. This message is the property of the sender and is not affiliated with the Cedar Falls Utilities in any way. Report complaints to abuse@cfu.net. ------------------------------ From: karinh@sterl.com Message-Id: <0007209641.AA964101039@smtplink.sterl.com> Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 09:50:37 -0400 Subject: TMBG: Re:No subject given Sam sez: >If you were being abducted by [friendly] aliens what 5 CDS would you take with you?? [ i said that they were nice...] Also what is the general age of a Giants fan???< Last Q first & first Q last: The average age in my immediate family is 26, but that includes a 43 y/o, a 19 y/o, & a 16 y/o. Which one is me will be revealed by my 5 CD choices: 1. A privately burnt CD of my very favoritest TMBG tracks (cop out, sorry, no way I could choose one, and they all have a couple tracks I could live without)(but all the CDs the tracks are burnt from are bought & paid for!) 2. Tom Waits - Rain Dogs 3. Dvorak - 9th Symphony (New World) 4. Neil Young - Harvest 5. Type O Negative - October Rust TTFN.... Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ------------------------------ From: karinh@sterl.com Message-Id: <0007209641.AA964101373@smtplink.sterl.com> Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 09:56:10 -0400 Subject: Re:TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #31-20 >Sam wrote: >> Also what is the general age of a Giants fan???<< Well my general age is 1-100 years. -Sean< Well then, Sean, in your case I guess your specific age will do.... Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: <77.70ec9c0.26a8679b@aol.com> Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 10:32:59 EDT Subject: TMBG: Re: I'm 16. I guess you can whip out yer calculator when everyone replies. Tell us what the result is if you do it! Moxy Fruvous: Bargainville They Might Be Giants: John Henry Merrill Bainbridge: The Garden Loreena McKennitt: The Mask And Mirror My Goffick Mix CD :) How long would I assumedly be staying with these aliens? Would I have enough oxygen? If I was going to asphyxiate in thirty seconds, I might as well leave the good CDs to my mother and sister... Lydia Eclectic and Eccentric Since 1837. ------------------------------ From: karinh@sterl.com Message-Id: <0007209641.AA964105896@smtplink.sterl.com> Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 11:11:35 -0400 Subject: Re:TMBG: Re: Lydia sez: >Loreena McKennitt: The Mask And Mirror< Loreena!! That reminds me.... I only said Type O because I was listening to them on my way to work. I'm just too suggestible. So yeah, Loreena. Mask & Mirror. No, wait, Book of Secrets. No, that other one.... Damn, I hate this game. Forget it, I don't care how friendly they are, I'm not going. If they were friendly, they wouldn't limit me to 5 CDs. What are they, like Canada with Beanie Babies?? "Screw you guys, I'm goin home" (not as impressive without the Cartman voice) Indecisively yours - - - Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ------------------------------ From: WeepDay@aol.com Message-ID: <79.711a0fa.26a88577@aol.com> Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 12:40:23 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Hmmmm... hello all......i havent posted in like a year but being abducted by (friendly) aliens sounded interesting enough =) 5 cd's... 1) tmbg- self titled 2) baxter- self titled 3) cibo matto- stereotype A 4) portishead- dummy 5) pulp- freaks age? im 24.... amber~ ------------------------------ From: EmarZero@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 13:00:58 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: TMBG: Flood Sex Pistols: Never Mind The Bollocks... Rancid: Life Won't Wait NOFX: Punk In Drublic and a cheap burned CD of stuff I like. hee hee! ------------------------------ From: EmarZero@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 13:04:33 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Oh, and I'm almost 21. Yeah. ------------------------------ From: MrBean43@aol.com Message-ID: <9a.74e312e.26a88f43@aol.com> Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 13:22:11 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: The 5 best CD's in the world worthy of alien ears, according to me, are... TMBG, Factory Showroom Beastie Boys, Pauls Boutique The X-Files soundtrack Beatles "Blue" CD (Alright, so it's a two CD set...sorry) Green day, Nimrod And I'm 17. Jon ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 11:22:23 -0600 From: "makebase" Message-ID: <8l7cc6$114q$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Hmmmm... >4) portishead- dummy That's interesting. I have that CD and I love it, though it wouldn't make my top 5. Speaking of which: 1. TMBG: John Henry 2. Garbage: Self Titled 3. REM: Out of Time 4. Weezer: Pinkerton 5. U2: The Best of 1980-1990 Terribly mainstream, but that's what I'd take. Oh, I'm 23. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <016101bff270$c3ead7f0$47031fce@maxweb.com> From: "Colleen Anne McClanahan" Subject: Re: TMBG: Hmmmm... Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 13:34:32 -0400 Ok. 5 albums with which to expose the aliens... actually, this isn't necessarily.. these are just the five albums I wouldn't want to live without (and therefore, think aliens might appreciate. ;) . 1. Tori Amos - Little Earthquakes 2. Moxy Fruvous - Live Noise 3. TMBG - John Henry 4. Gin Blossoms - New Miserable Experience 5. Barenaked Ladies - Rock Spectacle Colleen Anne Age 24 ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000720173524.31000.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Amy Greenlese" Subject: TMBG: Unrelated Things Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 13:35:24 EDT First, I'm 24. Second, my 5 CD choices would be: TMBG, Misc T Kathryn Rose, Every Lurid Detail Swingers, Movie Soundtrack X Files, Movie Soundtrack XTC, Skylarking Amy :) ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <025c01bff272$d422b0a0$82794ac7@jbl010.acns.nwu.edu> From: "Jamie Lipton" Subject: Re: TMBG: Unrelated Things Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 12:49:18 -0500 My genre-spanning list: TMBG - self-titled DEVO - Pioneers Who Got Scalped Chicago Symphony Orchestra - Holst's The Planets Various Artists - Pure Moods compilation Stephen Sondheim - Merrily We Roll Along I'll be 20 this October. -Jamie ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000720181103.46003.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Matt Brown" Subject: Re: TMBG: Unrelated Things Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 14:11:03 EDT Personally I would take, 1. TMBG-Apollo 18 2. Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti 3. Beatles - The White Album 4. U2 - The Joshua Tree 5. Pink Floyd - The Wall BTW, I'm 16. But that's just my opinion and I could be wrong. --Matt >From: "Jamie Lipton" >Reply-To: "Jamie Lipton" >To: >Subject: Re: TMBG: Unrelated Things >Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 12:49:18 -0500 > >My genre-spanning list: > >TMBG - self-titled >DEVO - Pioneers Who Got Scalped >Chicago Symphony Orchestra - Holst's The Planets >Various Artists - Pure Moods compilation >Stephen Sondheim - Merrily We Roll Along > > >I'll be 20 this October. > >-Jamie > > ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: BirdhouseIYS@aol.com Message-ID: <3f.7c455f2.26a8f1c6@aol.com> Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 20:22:30 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Unrelated Things Damn, I have to chose 5 out of 99. TMBG- Then: The Earlier Years Devo- Pioneers Who Got Scalped, The Anthology King Missile- Happy Hour Lincoln- Lincoln You Were Spiraling- Delusions of Grandeur and I'll be 18 two weeks from saturday - Pyro "They've had plenty of experience in the art of survival. Can you imagine living your whole life in a tribe of monkeys, with your very survival depending on them not finding out that you are a human, a superior being..." -Professor Cawston ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3977B1A9.FDDF132B@fruhead.com> Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 22:12:57 -0400 From: lawrence solomon Subject: TMBG: Re: *SUPER SPANGER* wrote: > If you were being abducted by [friendly] aliens what 5 CDS would you take > with you?? [ i said that they were nice...] just *5*?! usually they allow 10. :) I'd take 5 CDs full of mp3s, of course. :) Moxy Fruvous - Wood They Might Be Giants - John Henry The Nields - If You Lived Here, You'd Be Home Now Guster - Lost and Gone Forever R.E.M. - Automatic for the People > Also what is the general age of a Giants fan??? The New York Giants? The San Francisco Giants? They Might Be Giants? ok. I'm 23 and a half, and I think that's older than the average, which is probably around 19. -- lawrence solomon * http://www.fruhead.com/users/zaph * zaph@fruhead.com "And I don't know whether I believe in me, but I still believe in my friends." -The Nields ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000721025907.8694.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Matt Brown" Subject: TMBG: Cover Songs Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 22:59:07 EDT After pirating music on Crapster, I found a TMBG Mp3 by the name of Smells Like Teen Spirit. Hilarious. This got me thinking, what other songs would you like to see them cover? I was thinking perhaps I am The Walrus by The Beatles. --Matt ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #31-21 ******************************