Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #31-28 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 31, Number 28 Friday, 28 July 2000 Today's Topics: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #31-27 Re: nonTMBG: Lots o stuff! non-TMBG: Am I a sheep? Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #31-26 Re: non-TMBG: Am I a sheep? Re: NON-TMBG: Re: We must cultivate our gardens Re: NON-TMBG: Re: We must cultivate our gardens Re: non-TMBG: Am I a sheep? Re: non-TMBG: Am I a sheep? (none) Re: NON-TMBG: Re: We must cultivate our gardens Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <20000727125839.81669.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Princess Kristy" Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #31-27 Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 12:58:39 GMT The Powerpuff Girls are always wonderful. I swear that I could be Bubbles. And my post about being a dork was mainly to tease Pyro... I love him very much. He was just commenting on the fact that if we had met while I was still in high school... well, things would not be what they are today. Don't kill him, please... Then I'd *never* get to see him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love, Kristy The (Former) Grand Panjandrum of NAFR '00 All hail Justin's Alien Kitten Goddess Angel-Princess of the Squirrels, the Universe and Everything "I am the master at giving it all away and now there's nothing left to keep me from crashing. Nothing left for me to take home. Nothing left of me for my own. And all I've ever wanted is to be alone... isn't it a shame, that someone so crazy could go so insane?" ~The Nields ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Date: 27 Jul 2000 07:55:38 -0800 Message-ID: <-1247437961ggr@wlg.com> From: Bongo Subject: Re: nonTMBG: Lots o stuff! MsTanbul@aol..comma wrote: > Powerpuff Girls soundtrack kicks , well, you know. Get it. Now. Yes, it certainly does! I've been listening to it so much in the last week that I'm temporarily burnt out on it. I bought the CD because I'm a Sugarplastic fan. I hate to buy a soundtrack CD just for one song (like I did with Power Rangers for SenSurround) but there's lots of cool stuff on it. I've been meaning to review it for the The Sugarplastic list that I'm on. By the way, if you like The Sugarplastic's song on the Powerpuff Girls soundtrack, you'll like their CDs even more. The songs on the CD are not in the show (except for Bis's end theme.) These are bands that the series creator said inspired him while creating the show. Its too bad he doesn't like TMBG. Or maybe he does but he couldn't get them to write a song for the CD. I think TMBG would have fit in well. -B O N G O ------------------------------ Message-ID: <384227614.964727708483.JavaMail.root@web538-mc.mail.com> Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 15:55:07 -0400 (EDT) From: Alexander Beetle Subject: non-TMBG: Am I a sheep? I realize I'm a little slow with this, but I just read the string from a few days ago about ways in which TMBG could "sell out". One person (Mike Stabile) said in digest 31-18: "I was using at an example of how They could sell-out to gain more popularity. Not only Third Eye Blind, but bands like: Goo Goo Dolls, Matchbox 20, Sugar Ray, and Everclear." Ok, my only problem is: I like 4/5 of the bands mentioned there. Not only that, but I listen to the radio ALL THE TIME. Indeed, radio was the first place I heard Them at all (even if I didn't realize it then). My interpretation of the digests indicate that these are considered cardinal sins. My question to you is, like th' subject says, am I just a sheep in fan's clothing, admiring and listening to Them purely out of a 7- or 8-year-long fad, or what? (HEY KIDS! Can you guess which band of the five I don't like? Answer will appear in next week's installment!) -- "The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen all at once." - Buckaroo Banzai ______________________________________________ FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com Sign up at http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup ------------------------------ From: BirdhouseIYS@aol.com Message-ID: <5f.885885f.26b21032@aol.com> Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 18:22:42 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #31-26 talk about friggin missunderstanding. I believe we were talking about what mainsteam idiots would see us as and I said they would call Kristy a dork. Coming from the biggest "dork" in human history that wouldn't be much of an insult if I directly called her that. As for other peoples opions go I think anyone has just as much of a right to speak their mind as I do. I don't remember who said this but I believe in this quote "I may not agree with what you say but I'll defend your right to say it to death" I don't think those are the exact words but thats the general idea. I dislike the nields music but I could care less about whether someone listens to them or not. All of your false acusations have offended me. I guess I can't blame you for not fully understanding. It also proves how well Kristy pays attention to the conntent of our conversations. - Pyro "They've had plenty of experience in the art of survival. Can you imagine living your whole life in a tribe of monkeys, with your very survival depending on them not finding out that you are a human, a superior being..." -Professor Cawston ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000727222642.41842.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: non-TMBG: Am I a sheep? Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 22:26:42 GMT Alexander Beetle: >I realize I'm a little slow with this, but I just read the string from a >few >days ago about ways in which TMBG could "sell out". One person (Mike >Stabile) said in digest 31-18: > >"I was using at an example of how They could sell-out to gain more >popularity. Not only Third Eye Blind, but bands like: Goo Goo Dolls, >Matchbox 20, Sugar Ray, and Everclear." > >Ok, my only problem is: I like 4/5 of the bands mentioned there. Not only >that, but I listen to the radio ALL THE TIME. Indeed, radio was the first >place I heard Them at all (even if I didn't realize it then). My >interpretation of the digests indicate that these are considered cardinal >sins. > >My question to you is, like th' subject says, am I just a sheep in fan's >clothing, admiring and listening to Them purely out of a 7- or 8-year-long >fad, or what? I don't see why that should be. People who listen to the radio and bands that are played on the radio don't HAVE to be different from TMBG fans. Fans come in all shapes, sizes, and tastes, after all. Whether or not you LIKE the bands listed there, there's no doubt that they're more popular than TMBG (at the moment, anyway), and they probably do much more to gain popularity (and money) than the Johns do. >(HEY KIDS! Can you guess which band of the five I don't like? Answer will >appear in next week's installment!) I think the band you don't like is 8-Year-Long Fad. -- Eat your broccoli, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000727223019.45646.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Re: We must cultivate our gardens Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 22:30:19 GMT Pyro: >I don't >remember who said this but I believe in this quote "I may not agree with >what >you say but I'll defend your right to say it to death" I think that might have been our old pal Voltaire. I'm not quite sure, though. -- Eat your broccoli, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: <5f.88917b3.26b213ce@aol.com> Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 18:38:06 EDT Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Re: We must cultivate our gardens In a message dated 7/27/00 6:31:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time, xornom@hotmail.com writes: << I think that might have been our old pal Voltaire. I'm not quite sure, though. >> Yes, indeed it is. My favorite philospher. Kay ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 22:36:32 EDT Subject: Re: non-TMBG: Am I a sheep? > My question to you is, like th' subject says, am I just a sheep in fan's > clothing, admiring and listening to Them purely out of a 7- or 8-year-long > fad, or what? > ..Yes. But you're on the road to recovery! The first step in curing your problem is admitting you have one >;) Lydia Mean, but well-meaning, since 1837 ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 22:37:46 EDT Subject: Re: non-TMBG: Am I a sheep? > >(HEY KIDS! Can you guess which band of the five I don't like? Answer will > >appear in next week's installment!) I'm guessing Sugar Ray. Lydia Psychic... Or was that an O? Since 1837. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000728033759.86631.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Princess Kristy" Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 03:37:59 GMT I'm genuinely sorry for what I said about Pyro. It was out of place. Good luck everyone, rock on, this list has gotten me in trouble numerous times. Hope some of you get to the NJ show. I'll still be there. Kristy ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 00:07:36 -0500 From: "Jay G." Message-ID: <8lr3kn$10mq$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Re: We must cultivate our gardens Nathan Mulac DeHoff wrote in message news:20000727223019.45646.qmail@hotmail.com... > Pyro: > >I don't > >remember who said this but I believe in this quote "I may not agree with > >what > >you say but I'll defend your right to say it to death" > > I think that might have been our old pal Voltaire. I'm not quite sure, > though. Which is kind of ironic considering that Voltaire published some of his essays under pseudonyms so as not to get heat from them. -Jay ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #31-28 ******************************