Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #32-16 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 32, Number 16 Wednesday, 16 August 2000 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Englewood, NJ concert TMBG: Re: Knitting and Waiting Re: TMBG: Prospect Park show 'n' stuff Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: <4.2.2.20000815084839.00aa6d80@mail.wordstock.com> Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 08:58:59 -0400 From: Fred Boak Subject: Re: TMBG: Englewood, NJ concert >From: BirdhouseIYS@aol.com >Message-ID: <57.9d6a217.26c906ff@aol.com> >Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 04:25:35 EDT >Subject: TMBG: Englewood, NJ concert > >That was an awesome concert. i was wondering if anyone else noticed that >Michael Shelley was there. As I was walking out he was talking to some guy >and the guy said "we just finished mixing your new album". I think his web >site says something about it coming out this fall. Phoebe Snow was there, too. My wife and I drove down from Cape Cod for the Englewood show. She bought me tickets to see two of my four favorite bands perform together. I hadn't seen TMBG in a few years (back from 92 to, oh, 95 or 96, I saw them just about every time they played the Boston area), and the show in NJ was quite a treat. Unfortunately, I thought the sound system was really lacking, especially for the NRBQ set, but even during the TMBG set, I thought Flans' vocals weren't far enough up in the mix, or maybe just poorly equalized, since when he sang high it cut through a bit better. I thought it was great that the audience demanded an encore from the opening act ... even after the house lights came up. And boy, was it worth it, because the guitar solo on the encore "Puddin' Truck" made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. My wife and I saw the Q 50 times last year and close to 20 times so far this year, and they never fail to amaze me. - Fred. -- Fred Boak, age 38 (and now I'm even older) ------------------------------ Date: 15 Aug 2000 07:48:01 -0800 Message-ID: <-1245796817ggr@wlg.com> From: Bongo Subject: TMBG: Re: Knitting and Waiting After many delays, The Hollywood Knitting Factory has finally opened! Since TMBG canceled last month's show at the House of Blues. I'm hoping they'll soon reschedule and play at the Knitting Factory. Its suppose to be a state of the art facility with multiple stages and I'm looking for an excuse to check it out. I don't know how big it is. Judging from the acts booked so far, it could be small. Their web page has a section where you can enter requested acts so I entered TMBG several times. By the way, there seems to be no truth to the rumor that either Knitting Factory is being bought by Puff Daddy. There was a recent in depth article about the club in the LA Weekly and no such thing was mentioned. And another nifty thing about it that all shows are always all ages. -B O N G O tmbgirl@juno.com wrote: >>If it's anywhere near as small as the Knitting Factory in NYC, don't >>count >>on TMBG playing there.. They haven't played at the one in NYC in over >>five > ------------------------------ From: Mijacogeo6@aol.com Message-ID: <13.9764ff2.26cac476@aol.com> Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 12:06:14 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Prospect Park show 'n' stuff >I hope the weather improves for >it. It's supposed to be 81o and sunny! Yaaaaay weather! Luff, Christine ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #32-16 ******************************