Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #32-24 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 32, Number 24 Thursday, 24 August 2000 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: They Might Be Taco? Re[2]: TMBG: They Might Be Taco? Re:NDN: Re[2]: TMBG: They Might Be Taco? Re: Re[2]: TMBG: They Might Be Taco? TMBG: Re: Cabbagetown? Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: MikeTheGiant@aol.com Message-ID: <42.9d1de20.26d54779@aol.com> Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 11:27:53 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: They Might Be Taco? Actually, I've had several people (including my dad) mistake Istanbul for Putting on the Ritz. I think that it might have been an error much like this. Mike Stabile "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin ------------------------------ From: karinh@sterl.com Message-Id: <0008239670.AA967055693@smtplink.sterl.com> Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 14:34:48 -0400 Subject: Re[2]: TMBG: They Might Be Taco? Mike S sez: >Actually, I've had several people (including my dad) mistake Istanbul for >Putting on the Ritz. I think that it might have been an error much like this. The songs are practically identical twins, both of them being basically the same minor chord set to a different rhythm. Pretty weird. Wonder if the same guys wrote them both? They're from about the same time, seems to me. This is fun, in an annoying sort of way, every time I switch songs in my head to compare them, I'm stuck with a spastic crossbreed of the two. Think I'd better put my headphones on & get a new tune in my head, before I go nuts. Ooops, too late - - - Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ------------------------------ From: karinh@sterl.com Message-Id: <0008239670.AA967056227@smtplink.sterl.com> Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 14:43:40 -0400 Subject: Re:NDN: Re[2]: TMBG: They Might Be Taco? Now, this is getting too friggin goofy for words. What, the guy changed his name & address, just so he could continue to be unable to receive our mail? And I"m supposed to check that the name has been entered correctly???? HAH!!! Well, I won't check, so there. See if I care, rmootrey. Nyah. KH FTE67 ____________________Reply Separator____________________ Subject: NDN: Re[2]: TMBG: They Might Be Taco? Author: "Mailer-Daemon" Date: 8/23/00 2:34 PM Sorry. Your message could not be delivered to: rmootrey,TEdNet (The name was not found at the remote site. Check that the name has been entered correctly.) ------------------------------ From: MikeTheGiant@aol.com Message-ID: <34.9926640.26d59e90@aol.com> Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 17:39:28 EDT Subject: Re: Re[2]: TMBG: They Might Be Taco? In a message dated 8/23/00 2:42:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time, karinh@sterl.com writes: << The songs are practically identical twins, both of them being basically the same minor chord set to a different rhythm. Pretty weird. Wonder if the same guys wrote them both? They're from about the same time, seems to me. This is fun, in an annoying sort of way, every time I switch songs in my head to compare them, I'm stuck with a spastic crossbreed of the two. Think I'd better put my headphones on & get a new tune in my head, before I go nuts. Ooops, too late - - - Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** >> I dunno, but The Four Lads are the originators of Istanbul. Mike Stabile "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 22:06:44 -0400 From: aleigh Message-ID: <39A48334.DC7AE5B3@biteme.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: Cabbagetown? They also have a Cabbagetown in Toronto...it's a section of the town. anyone know the history of the song? aleigh http://i.am/not_your_broom Leo Bicknell wrote: > It's a real place.... > > http://www.cnn.com/2000/STYLE/arts/08/16/cabbagetown/index.html > > -- > Leo Bicknell - bicknell@ufp.org > Systems Engineer - Internetworking Engineer - CCIE 3440 > Read TMBG List - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org, www.tmbg.org ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #32-24 ******************************