Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #32-27 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 32, Number 27 Sunday, 27 August 2000 Today's Topics: TMBG: My VH1 Music Awards TMBG: Re: My VH1 Music Awards TMBG: Re: My VH1 Awards Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net Message-ID: <469317795.967315925450.JavaMail.dynamo@as1-c.lga2.mtvn.com> Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 14:52:05 -0400 (EDT) Subject: TMBG: My VH1 Music Awards [Unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html), contents not processed] ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 16:58:54 -0600 From: "makebase" Message-ID: <8o9i0c$v2u$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: My VH1 Music Awards Hey, if enough of us got together (as we so wickedly conspired to do with the People.com Most Beautiful People Online Poll), we could suggest a category that the Johns could not possibly lose, like "Best They Might Be Giants Video." ------------------------------ From: "John Ferrer" Subject: TMBG: Re: My VH1 Awards Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 23:58:31 GMT Message-ID: I don't really follow the idea. Is it an awards show for only this year's music, or all music ever? If it's only recent stuff, we could suggest some sort of MP3 category. Or let WUFTM be the best EP. Or "Boss of Me" the best song. If it's not age-relevant, the possibilities are endless. I'm all for suggesting awards that They could never lose, like "Best Love Song Involving A Woman the Singer Has Never Met As She is Always on the Exact Opposite Side of the Earth." Or "Best Song Depicting the World as a Clothing Garment." Or hey, how about "Best Band That Takes Its Name From a Puppet Show, Who Took it From a George C. Scott Movie, Which Took it From A Translation of Don Quixote"? I heard that TMBG were the subject of a question on VH1's "Rock and Roll Jeopardy" once. Maybe they're about ready for the Giants. I can't wait for the Behind the Music special... ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #32-27 ******************************