Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #32-31 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 32, Number 31 Thursday, 31 August 2000 Today's Topics: TMBG: Re: TMBG Missouri TMBG: Re: TMBG Missouri TMBG: Re: give 'em hell, johns (Mo MO Con) TMBG: TMBG in this week's Onion Re: TMBG: Re: TMBG Missouri Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <002601c0127a$20c0f300$90640818@brln1.ct.home.com> From: "Casey Schreiner" Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG Missouri Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 08:02:07 -0400 Organization: Boston University I may also be added to the ever-growing list of Missouri connections. Although I've always lived on the East Coast, one of my good friends from college last year transferred to Mizzou this year... of course, not before I converted him and brought him to a totally rockin' TMBG concert in Boston. I guess he could be considered my secondhand TMBG Missionary for central Missouri. -Casey Get Trounced! http://trounced.cjb.net ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 11:54:15 -0400 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <39AD2E27.B34AB78@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG Missouri I'm from NY. never been to Missouri, don't know that I ever will. Don't lnow anyone from Missouri. I feel out of the loop. Casey Schreiner wrote: > > I may also be added to the ever-growing list of Missouri connections. > Although I've always lived on the East Coast, one of my good friends from > college last year transferred to Mizzou this year... of course, not before I > converted him and brought him to a totally rockin' TMBG concert in Boston. > I guess he could be considered my secondhand TMBG Missionary for central > Missouri. > > -Casey > > Get Trounced! > http://trounced.cjb.net ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 12:18:20 -0400 From: "Yer Pal Paul" Message-ID: <8ojbjf$1n7c$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: give 'em hell, johns (Mo MO Con) I was on this They Might Be Giants internet mailing list. There was another guy on it named John Lorio. He had an Aunt Betty who lived in Missouri (Rolla) and also died there (Cancer). So I am two degrees removed from Missouri. In other state news, It has been reported recently that Montana is a leg. A big flaming leg. So far, hundreds of thousands of acres of the leg have been blackened, with no containment in site. Firefighters from as far away as Australia and North Dakota have been brought in to help bring the giant flaming leg under control. Also, Montana has the telephone area code of 406. The sum of the digits in this area code add up to exactly 10 (4+0+6). The adjacent states and provinces of Wyoming, Idaho and British Columbia have area codes of 307, 208, and 604, all of which also add up to exactly 10. Consider also that the two words "Montana" and "leg" have a combined total of exactly 10 letters. The same can be said for the word pairs Wyoming and arm, Idaho and tooth, and Alberta and eye! What are the chances of THAT!? -- Yer Pal Paul Not back on that old Time is Money kick, still on it. John Lorio wrote in message <200008291541.LAA07430@smtpsrv1.isis.unc.edu>... > > >|| But still, they're coming out of the woodwork - - It's like 6 degrees of the >|| Show Me State. I bet if we dig deep enough, everybody on this list either was >|| born in or had family members born in, lived in or knew someone who knew someone >|| who lived in, vacationed in, or {insert spooky music here} will die in Missouri. > >my aunt betty lived--and died--in rolla. lung cancer. > >she didn't smoke. > >we think her farm was on or near a Superfund site. > >her funeral was on the day Tricky Dick resigned. rolla not being very large, we >were staying in a very small sort of motor court, kind of like a motel six with >about that many rooms. there was a small b&w tv on top of a chest of drawers, and >we all sat there on the bed and watched richard milhouse van houten "i am not a >crook" nixon resign, and give his job to a doughy white guy (MSTCon) who played >football at Michigan (the tank the fishes are in) and fell down airplane ramps. i >will vividly remember that moment for the rest of my life. > >i mean, Tricky Dick resigning, not Ford falling down airplane ramps. although i >remember that too. and the Killer Rabbit attacking jimmy cahtah. > >ptang, ptang, indeed. > >anyway, the next day we went to see st. looee, because, well, we were in the >neighborhood. we went to the A-B brewery, where (when my mom wasn't looking) they >let me have a tiny little plastic cup of Bud. didn't get to see eero's arch, >though, or the cards. and thence back home to La Louisiane. > >missouri. it's a Giant state. > >j >:) <---his 70s mark (BigStarCon. see?--more missouri!) > ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 10:43:18 -0700 (PDT) From: Nicole Carlson Subject: TMBG: TMBG in this week's Onion Message-ID: On Wed, 30 Aug 2000 owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org wrote: > senior vice-president Bill Flanagan said. "We can almost always hit paydirt > with a band's groupies, but in They Might Be Giants' case, they're all > 31-year-old computer programmers." The They Might Be Giants episode largely I bitterly resent these unwarranted generalizations. It just so happens that I am a *22*-year-old computer programmer. --nicole twn who has absolutely no connection to Missouri *** "Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes."--E.W. Dijkstra Visit Nicolopolis! http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu ana.ng@tmbg.org carlsonn@seclab.cs.ucdavis.edu ------------------------------ From: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 23:31:58 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: TMBG Missouri I've been quiet lately, since I've nothing to say, "hey, mack, what you don't mean won't hurt you." But right now, I feel the need to announce. I have not had any sexual relations with the State of Missouri. Thank you. "I'm the one who loves you! He's the angry one, with all the swear words!" Dr. Rick Worm Chief of Surgical Staff The Worm Clinic Shaker Heights, Ohio ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #32-31 ******************************