Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #32-4 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 32, Number 4 Friday, 4 August 2000 Today's Topics: TMBG: TMBG @ Maryland Plaza? TMBG: empirical truth TMBG: empirical truth TMBG: Re: empirical truth RE: TMBG: TMBG @ Maryland Plaza? TMBG: tis rather off topic but.... Re: TMBG: 88 Lines about 44 Women and that damn Mazda commercial TMBG: Totally non-TMBG....HELP! Re:TMBG: tis rather off topic but.... Re: TMBG: tis rather off topic but.... Re: TMBG: Conan rerun? TMBG: N Y C P i c s Re: TMBG: Conan rerun? Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 08:37:50 -0500 (CDT) From: Jennifer Capstick Subject: TMBG: TMBG @ Maryland Plaza? Message-ID: I keep hearing rumors that TMBG will be playing in St. Louis @ Maryland Plaza this Saturday the 5th. They've had it posted on their website for quite sometime now. Does anyone know what time they are playing and what the occasion is that they are playing? I looked in the online and paper editions of this week's RiverFront Times and can't seem to find any mention of them. Any information anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated as I've been a very big fan for almost a decade now. Since I'm a digest subscriber and will be gone on vacation all day tomorrow and thus unable to check e-mail, could you reply to this address as well as the list for anyone else who might be interested? Thanks! Jennifer Capstick <<<<>>>>>> _>><<<<>>>>>>>>> \<<<<< < >>>>>>>>> "Fantasy through the mystic ages -----------===<=<< <<<<<<<> has been a dream world of love" << @ _/ <<<<>>/ | | | Message-ID: <3989840C.6FDCFBF8@circapress.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: empirical truth tmbg have nothing to do with 88 lines about 44 women, either the original or the truncated version on the commercial a lot of the songs on napster under tmbg have nothing to do with the band g'night ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 10:39:21 -0400 From: Circa Art 8600 Message-ID: <39898419.4D605EED@circapress.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: empirical truth tmbg have nothing to do with 88 lines about 44 women, either the original or the truncated version on the commercial a lot of the songs on napster under tmbg have nothing to do with the band g'night ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 08:44:58 -0600 From: "makebase" Message-ID: <8mc0dk$2m8m$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: empirical truth Circa Art 8600 wrote in message <39898419.4D605EED@circapress.com>... >tmbg have nothing to do with 88 lines about 44 women, either the original or the >truncated version on the commercial > >a lot of the songs on napster under tmbg have nothing to do with the band > >g'night Not only that, but neither version really sounds remotely like either of the Johns. I don't see how anyone could really confuse it for a TMBG song. ------------------------------ From: refund@nmt.edu Message-Id: <200008031519.JAA30815@Acura.astech.org> Subject: RE: TMBG: TMBG @ Maryland Plaza? Date: 03 Aug 2000 09:21:35 -0700 I'll actually be in Illinois this evening, so I had family in the St. Louis area check up on the information to this show. When asked, the Maryland Plaza ticketing staff people said the show has actually been cancelled. :0( Feel free to keep checking, though, and if you find out I'm wrong, send me an email! > I keep hearing rumors that TMBG will be playing in St. Louis @ Maryland > Plaza this Saturday the 5th. Signed, Nick Wolf, TMBG Ambassador to the State of New Mexico And then there was my webpage, recently updated, no less... http://www.nmt.edu/~refund/ And a MUSH, too... (Based on Anne McCaffrey's Pern novels.) telnet://mush1.nis4u.com:4201 ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000803153641.84881.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Princess Kristy" Subject: TMBG: tis rather off topic but.... Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 15:36:41 GMT Since I don't know the topic, it doesn't matter I don't know Lydia's email address, so this is going to the list. Forgive me. Lydia, I'm borrowing your ".... since [year]" closing thing. I hope that's ok. It's fun. I use 2000 and make up something really dumb... or maybe something that applies to my nook post... (that's the majority of my email). Thanks hon!!! Love, Kristy stealing Lydia's ideas with her permission since 2000 ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: kilper10@juno.com Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 10:57:58 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: 88 Lines about 44 Women and that damn Mazda commercial Message-ID: <20000803.105759.179.1.Kilper10@juno.com> Did you download the song from Napster? I did that earlier. It seems some people have the artist of 88 Lines... as They Might Be Giants, but it isn't. All of the songs are sung by The Nails. I still really like the song, though, and I just changed the name and kept it on my computer. Gary ________________________________________________________________ YOU'RE PAYING TOO MUCH FOR THE INTERNET! Juno now offers FREE Internet Access! Try it today - there's no risk! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj. ------------------------------ From: karinh@sterl.com Message-Id: <0008039653.AA965318970@smtplink.sterl.com> Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 12:09:24 -0400 Subject: TMBG: Totally non-TMBG....HELP! I've committed myself (& should be committed!) to making up a website-style set of pages (intranet) to catalog my company's squillions of scanned documents. That part is going well, so of course they have to start getting dreams in their lil heads, & now they wonder if it's possible to have password protection for some of the pages, so that all the grunts (who have the hardcopy on their desks everyday!) don't go nosing around in the deep stuff. I know this is possible, but I seriously need some signal fires in the wilderness, here. I know that Bryce, for one (where is Bryce, anyway? Haven't seen much from him lately) knows about Java scripts & stuff, a la the Great Beautiful People Massacree. I'm sure several others must too, and I can use all the direction I can get. Things like, do I d/l a password script off the net & hope that it's not a total disaster; can I find some kind of "Java scripts for not-quite-dummies" book, & is it something a bright amateur can do; or should I go on a software hunt in the stores & if so what name would be a safe bet..... Need I go on?? I didn't think so..... Any help would be immensely and eternally appreciated, and the helpful parties would find veiled references to themselves hidden in various unexpected places on the Sterling Equities Electronic Document Library (aka the File Cabinet). So, please, hit me with your best shots. Straight to my email, I guess, unless everyone thinks this might be a fun team project. "Was it something you would do for anybody, was it what you'd only do for me, or was it something where you acted when you saw the need and knew that there would be a way the act could be repaid....?" Thank you - - - Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ------------------------------ From: karinh@sterl.com Message-Id: <0008039653.AA965319109@smtplink.sterl.com> Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 12:11:43 -0400 Subject: Re:TMBG: tis rather off topic but.... Hey, that's intellectual property. Doesn't Lyds get any royalties? Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ____________________Reply Separator____________________ Subject: TMBG: tis rather off topic but.... Author: "Princess Kristy" Date: 08/03/00 3:36 PM Since I don't know the topic, it doesn't matter I don't know Lydia's email address, so this is going to the list. Forgive me. Lydia, I'm borrowing your ".... since [year]" closing thing. I hope that's ok. It's fun. I use 2000 and make up something really dumb... or maybe something that applies to my nook post... (that's the majority of my email). Thanks hon!!! Love, Kristy stealing Lydia's ideas with her permission since 2000 ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 15:01:58 -0400 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <3989C1A6.FEE5D6CE@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: Re: TMBG: tis rather off topic but.... As long as she sites her source, it's not plagiarism. -acs karinh@sterl.com wrote: > > Hey, that's intellectual property. Doesn't Lyds get any royalties? > Karin H > ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** > > ____________________Reply Separator____________________ > Subject: TMBG: tis rather off topic but.... > Author: "Princess Kristy" > Date: 08/03/00 3:36 PM > > Since I don't know the topic, it doesn't matter > > I don't know Lydia's email address, so this is going to the list. Forgive > me. > > Lydia, I'm borrowing your ".... since [year]" closing thing. I hope that's > ok. It's fun. I use 2000 and make up something really dumb... or maybe > something that applies to my nook post... (that's the majority of my email). > Thanks hon!!! > > Love, > Kristy > stealing Lydia's ideas with her permission since 2000 > ________________________________________________________________________ > Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20000803215335.16403.qmail@web1403.mail.yahoo.com> Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 14:53:35 -0700 (PDT) From: Rob Cowley Subject: Re: TMBG: Conan rerun? Hey, I believe Conan is repeats all week. Usually his repeats run for the whole week. Of course, paranoia will make me watch anyway. Rob ===== "I love the world and if I have to sue for custody, I'll sue for custody." __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Kick off your party with Yahoo! Invites. http://invites.yahoo.com/ ------------------------------ From: DrWormX@aol.com Message-ID: <20.99c6667.26bb52fa@aol.com> Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 18:58:02 EDT Subject: TMBG: N Y C P i c s Just wondering if anyone had decent pictures from the 4/13 or 4/20/00 Bowery concerts. Thought you guys would be the ones to ask. If, so, email me directly, because I ain't on the list. Thanks. -----------Matt------------ www.dailyrabbit.com * ------------------------------ ------------------------------ From: Mbrosendale@cs.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 19:30:51 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Conan rerun? Just check out the Conan guest lists on the NBC site: http://www.nbc.com/NBCconan/next.asp. I discovered this site when the whole TMBG day switch happened and it's given me such piece of mind (and good night's sleep) knowing who's on. Plus I'm still hoping for a repeat of the Linnell visit since I missed that one. Mary Beth ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #32-4 *****************************