Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #32-6 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 32, Number 6 Sunday, 6 August 2000 Today's Topics: TMBG: Spin.com article TMBG: Spin.com article Re: TMBG: tis rather off topic but.... Re: TMBG: Spin.com article TMBG: Re: SPIN article Re: TMBG: Re: SPIN article Re: TMBG: Re: SPIN article TMBG: the imaginary unimaginable movie Re: TMBG: the imaginary unimaginable movie Re: TMBG: the imaginary unimaginable movie Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <00c701bfff0e$087d07e0$6b897cce@lanio> From: "Lani O." Subject: TMBG: Spin.com article Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2000 11:49:59 -0700 Hello all. I saw this short little article on Spin.com's news section. I didn't see it posted to the list yet. Here's the URL: http://www.spin.com/noise/news/2000/08/03/1/#item3 Lani O. ~There's a place for those who love their poetry -- It's just across from the sign that says "Pros only."~ -TMBG www.geocities.com/~abutterfly Have you visited www.thehungersite.com today? [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <00d001bfff0e$1fff18e0$6b897cce@lanio> From: "Lani O." Subject: TMBG: Spin.com article Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2000 11:51:07 -0700 Hello all. I saw this short little TMBG article on Spin.com's news section. I didn't see it posted to the list yet, so here's the URL: http://www.spin.com/noise/news/2000/08/03/1/#item3 Lani O. ~There's a place for those who love their poetry -- It's just across from the sign that says "Pros only."~ -TMBG www.geocities.com/~abutterfly Have you visited www.thehungersite.com today? [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ From: HeYAnArChY@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2000 14:37:01 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: tis rather off topic but.... > Love, > Kristy > stealing Lydia's ideas with her permission since 2000 I didn't give it yet ;) Send me fifty bucks and I'll cut you a deal! C'mon! I need some smack money! Not to be outdone... The Original Lydiaac Up Front And In Demand Since 1837 ------------------------------ Message-ID: <00f901bfff0e$97f1e260$6b897cce@lanio> From: "Lani O." Subject: Re: TMBG: Spin.com article Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2000 11:54:31 -0700 Ack! I have no idea why that posted twice. Lani O. ~There's a place for those who love their poetry -- It's just across from the sign that says "Pros only."~ -TMBG www.geocities.com/~abutterfly Have you visited www.thehungersite.com today? [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ From: "John Ferrer" Subject: TMBG: Re: SPIN article Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2000 19:11:56 GMT Message-ID: What a strange item. Does SPIN not know "Boss of Me" is the show's theme? It speaks as if they're doing a brand new song called "Boss of Me." It also suggests rather clearly that it will be a soundtrack more along the lines of the Powerpuff Girls album, with original songs by various artists having little to do with the show. I figured with all the music already used on the show, they'd just use that kind of stuff, like Dylan's "Stuck in the Middle With You," and that damned Citizen King song. Does anyone know anything else about all this? Anyways, it's rather like a dream to hear that "Cyclops Rock" will be on there, with the supercool M. Doubty assisting. The song has never been used on the show, has it? And I wonder if this means it won't be on the Unreliable Narrator album after all... ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: "Matt Brown" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: SPIN article Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2000 18:47:57 EDT Message-ID: If I'm not mistaken "stuck in the middle with you" is by a One-Hit-Wunder called Stealer's Wheel. I could be wrong, but I doubt Dylan did it. --Matt >From: "John Ferrer" >Reply-To: "John Ferrer" >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: TMBG: Re: SPIN article >Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2000 19:11:56 GMT > >What a strange item. Does SPIN not know "Boss of Me" is the show's theme? >It >speaks as if they're doing a brand new song called "Boss of Me." It also >suggests rather clearly that it will be a soundtrack more along the lines >of >the Powerpuff Girls album, with original songs by various artists having >little to do with the show. > >I figured with all the music already used on the show, they'd just use that >kind of stuff, like Dylan's "Stuck in the Middle With You," and that damned >Citizen King song. Does anyone know anything else about all this? > >Anyways, it's rather like a dream to hear that "Cyclops Rock" will be on >there, with the supercool M. Doubty assisting. The song has never been used >on the show, has it? And I wonder if this means it won't be on the >Unreliable Narrator album after all... >________________________________________________________________________ >Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com > ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: "John Ferrer" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: SPIN article Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2000 23:47:19 GMT Message-ID: >If I'm not mistaken "stuck in the middle with you" is by a One-Hit-Wunder >called Stealer's Wheel. I could be wrong, but I doubt Dylan did it. > >--Matt My mistake then. I got it on Napster and it was credited to him, and I just assumed, since I know little about him. I've also seen "Flight of the Barking Death Squirrel," a modern version of "Puttin' on the Ritz," the famously miscredited "Racked By Rope," "The Banana Slug Song," and the already mentioned "88 Lines About 44 Women" credited to TMBG. Silly Napster users. ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2000 00:19:16 EDT Subject: TMBG: the imaginary unimaginable movie A little game for the list. If there were a TMBG movie (maybe a miniseries, I don't know. just don't ask), who would you have play the Johns? I nominate Chris Kattan of Saturday Night Live to play Linnell, and Bruce McCulloch of Kids in the Hall to play Flansburgh. I know height and size isn't quite right, but they look right to me. Talk amongst yourselves. I'm verklempt. There's your topic. "Thanks for ignoring my last post -- about the Meat Puppets." Dr. Rick Worm Chief of Surgical Staff The Worm Clinic Shaker Heights, Ohio ------------------------------ Message-ID: <006701bfff6b$c9b79b20$f2a7fea9@jbl010.acns.nwu.edu> From: "Jamie Lipton" Subject: Re: TMBG: the imaginary unimaginable movie Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2000 01:01:38 -0500 I would have my brother (a budding actor) play Flansburgh - all of my acquaintances that have seen the TMBG videos have commented on how John Flansburgh and my brother look very much alike. And I'd have David Spade play John Linnell. - Jamie ------------------------------ From: MrBean43@aol.com Message-ID: <73.5b3f0e1.26be591f@aol.com> Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2000 02:01:03 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: the imaginary unimaginable movie Wow, it's weird you bring up this look-alike thing, because there's this guy who I don't know, but who I see everywhere, and that looks just like Flansburgh. In fact, I just saw him this afternoon at Stop and Save Software (the best store in the universe) and pointed him out to my friends. They all agree. Im having trouble deciding who I'd get to play Linnell though. I don't think anyone could play Linnell, he's too much for any one person to handle. So does anyone else know someone that looks eerily similar to one of the Johns (or even those other dudes, the Dans?) Jon ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #32-6 *****************************