Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #32-9 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 32, Number 9 Wednesday, 9 August 2000 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Live!! New York City Re: TMBG: Live!! New York City Re: TMBG: Live!! New York City TMBG: Yet Another TMBG and Weird Al Connection TMBG: Doctor Worm Video on TV in LA Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 07:54:04 -0700 (PDT) From: John Relph Message-Id: <10008080754.ZM216951@mando.engr.sgi.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: Live!! New York City On Aug 7, 11:18, Destin Berthelot wrote: > >What you will get with the bonus CD edition is the same versions of >Birdhouse and Ana Ng as are on STD... though Ana Ng has a cool intro and >lacks the annoying "I don't want the world" bit. Frankly, for the price >you'll pay for the tour edition, you're better off finding the full >disc... unless it's way expensive, I got mine for $25 three years ago, I'm >sure they're more now. I'm pretty sure that the versions of "Ana Ng" and "Birdhouse" are different on the "bonus CD". They were overdubbed and edited from the original Live in NYC CD versions. But otherwise the tracks are the same. Check out the TMBG discography at http://www.tmbg.org/band-info/discography/ Enjoy! -- John >Wen-Po Tsai wrote: > >> Does anyone know whether the back of the original cardboard sleeve has >> any art? I am thinking about buying the "bonus CD" edition that comes >> with John Henry and I'm wondering whether I'd be missing out on >> anything, since I can only see the front of the insert (which has the >> LINY front-cover art that everyone's seen) from the picture. Thanks! ------------------------------ From: "Matt Brown" Subject: Re: TMBG: Live!! New York City Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 11:03:59 EDT Message-ID: Wellm if you're an Apollo 18 fan like I am, you have got to have the full version. I think the Australian Bonus CD has only 6 tracks. These 6 don't include I Palindrome I or Statue Got Me High, and these versions are superb, because they hardly do them live any more. I could be wrong about the track listing. --Matt >From: John Relph >Reply-To: John Relph >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: Re: TMBG: Live!! New York City >Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 07:54:04 -0700 (PDT) > >On Aug 7, 11:18, Destin Berthelot wrote: > > > >What you will get with the bonus CD edition is the same versions of > >Birdhouse and Ana Ng as are on STD... though Ana Ng has a cool intro and > >lacks the annoying "I don't want the world" bit. Frankly, for the price > >you'll pay for the tour edition, you're better off finding the full > >disc... unless it's way expensive, I got mine for $25 three years ago, >I'm > >sure they're more now. > >I'm pretty sure that the versions of "Ana Ng" and "Birdhouse" are >different on the "bonus CD". They were overdubbed and edited from the >original Live in NYC CD versions. But otherwise the tracks are the >same. Check out the TMBG discography at > >http://www.tmbg.org/band-info/discography/ > >Enjoy! > > -- John > > >Wen-Po Tsai wrote: > > > >> Does anyone know whether the back of the original cardboard sleeve has > >> any art? I am thinking about buying the "bonus CD" edition that comes > >> with John Henry and I'm wondering whether I'd be missing out on > >> anything, since I can only see the front of the insert (which has the > >> LINY front-cover art that everyone's seen) from the picture. Thanks! > ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: "Matt Brown" Subject: Re: TMBG: Live!! New York City Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 11:03:28 EDT Message-ID: Wellm if you're an Apollo 18 fan like I am, you have got to have the full version. I think the Australian Bonus CD has only 6 tracks. These 6 don't include I Palindrome I or Statue Got Me High, and these versions are superb, because they hardly do them live any more. I could be wrong about the track listing. --Matt >From: John Relph >Reply-To: John Relph >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: Re: TMBG: Live!! New York City >Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 07:54:04 -0700 (PDT) > >On Aug 7, 11:18, Destin Berthelot wrote: > > > >What you will get with the bonus CD edition is the same versions of > >Birdhouse and Ana Ng as are on STD... though Ana Ng has a cool intro and > >lacks the annoying "I don't want the world" bit. Frankly, for the price > >you'll pay for the tour edition, you're better off finding the full > >disc... unless it's way expensive, I got mine for $25 three years ago, >I'm > >sure they're more now. > >I'm pretty sure that the versions of "Ana Ng" and "Birdhouse" are >different on the "bonus CD". They were overdubbed and edited from the >original Live in NYC CD versions. But otherwise the tracks are the >same. Check out the TMBG discography at > >http://www.tmbg.org/band-info/discography/ > >Enjoy! > > -- John > > >Wen-Po Tsai wrote: > > > >> Does anyone know whether the back of the original cardboard sleeve has > >> any art? I am thinking about buying the "bonus CD" edition that comes > >> with John Henry and I'm wondering whether I'd be missing out on > >> anything, since I can only see the front of the insert (which has the > >> LINY front-cover art that everyone's seen) from the picture. Thanks! > ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000401c0018e$9dc9b640$90640818@brln1.ct.home.com> From: "Casey Schreiner" Subject: TMBG: Yet Another TMBG and Weird Al Connection Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 19:15:59 -0400 Organization: Boston University OK, I was watching VH1's The List today, and Weird Al was hosting. Now, first of all, I can say that he did a much better job of hosting than a lot of other people I've seen do this show. if anyone caught the deplorable Lars Ulrich's excuse for hosting, then you know what I'm talking about... anyway.... The topic was "feel good songs," and in the opening montage, they used a 4 or 5 second clip of our very own Linnell banging his fist on the ground from the Don't Let's Start video. Oh, Al, we know you're trying your best to get Them on mainstream music channels, and your efforts are appreciated! -Casey Get Trounced! http://trounced.cjb.net ------------------------------ From: garrett27@juno.com Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 21:57:21 -0700 Subject: TMBG: Doctor Worm Video on TV in LA Message-ID: <20000808.215722.-207237.0.Garrett27@juno.com> WOW! That was surprising.... As I typed on my keyboard, I noticed something As I ran into my dad's room, I looked at the screen Okay, enough o that...I was just typing away at my keyboard when through the ambient noise I distinctly heard Doctor Worm and thought "WTF? My dad's just watching TV in the other room" So I ran in and sure enough, the Doctor Worm video was being played on "Illegal Interns". I had thought they only played local band's videos or something, but I guess not. That surprised me. Anyway, continue on.... Garrett ________________________________________________________________ YOU'RE PAYING TOO MUCH FOR THE INTERNET! Juno now offers FREE Internet Access! Try it today - there's no risk! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #32-9 *****************************