Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #33-11 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 33, Number 11 Monday, 11 September 2000 Today's Topics: TMBG: Robovoting TMBG: hello, hello, it's good to be back TMBG: Malcolm Emmy wins Re: TMBG: Malcolm Emmy wins TMBG: No Mono Puff Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: Mbrosendale@cs.com Message-ID: Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 13:57:41 EDT Subject: TMBG: Robovoting I remember a few months back when we were all trying unsuccessfully to get Flans to the top of the People's poll, some folks had set up a robot voting system - how did you do that? I've been trying to keep Linnell in the running for the 20th Century's Most Likeable Person (just to keep him in the to 10 so they will have his picture on their main site) by the old fashioned method but I'm starting to get carple tunnel trying to keep up. I'd love to give him a few thousand votes (enough to keep him ahead of Blarg Margle (?!?) - I put in a couple hundred for Linnell and someone puts in a couple hundred for Blarg - it's become a personal battle between me and him/her/them). I hate to take the robotic route but I'd be willing to use it to give Linnell a little push. My wrists appreciate your help! Mary Beth ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 16:55:56 -0600 (MDT) From: Tara Weber Subject: TMBG: hello, hello, it's good to be back Message-ID: Hi all, I'm back after a two-year hiatus from the list...(hold on for a sec while I deal with the fact that what seems like two weeks ago was two YEARS ago...ok, existential crisis over now; thanks for holding). I've been pretty out of the TMBG loop for a while (grad school will do that), but if this list is what it used to be, I trust I'll catch up quickly. So, it's good to be back. I hope. :) Anyway, a weird alignment of events made me decide today I needed to resubscribe: 1.) I recently got my boss hooked on TMBG; 2.) I went out with a guy last week who, having no idea I was a TMBG freak, put on a CD that he "thought I'd really like" and it turned out to be none other than _Lincoln_ (I think I should call him back); 3.) I learned that my officemate got to live for a while in a cabin that used to belong to William Allen White (I'll tell you the story if you really want to know, but it's really not that exciting). So, these forces combined to bring me back. :) So, a shout out to any of the folks from back in the day, if they're still on the list--Nola Weaver, Matt James, Jim Kuemmerle, Mike Leffel, are you still there? Jordan (TMBgirl), are you still in Denver? (I've been in Fort Collins for a couple years and I'll probably end up getting a job in Denver at some point). So anyway, hi everybody. :) --Tara Weber ------------------------------ From: Gegatron@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 21:40:20 EDT Subject: TMBG: Malcolm Emmy wins I was wondering if they played an orchestral version of Boss of me when Malcolm won. Anyone Catch it? Maybe next year TMBG might get a nom for best score. ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 21:56:12 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Malcolm Emmy wins << I was wondering if they played an orchestral version of Boss of me when Malcolm won. Anyone Catch it? Maybe next year TMBG might get a nom for best score. >> Yup, two wins so far (both in writing), so they've played the theme twice :) It was cool. Kay ------------------------------ From: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Message-ID: <91.6139d0.26ed9fd6@aol.com> Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 22:39:18 EDT Subject: TMBG: No Mono Puff Anyone know why there's no Mono Puff on Napster? It just seems kind of strange. Whenever I check, there never is. "I make it a point to listen to TMBG every day, if I don't it's a sin." Dr. Rick Worm Chief of Surgical Staff The Worm Clinic Shaker Heights, Ohio ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #33-11 ******************************