Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #33-13 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 33, Number 13 Wednesday, 13 September 2000 Today's Topics: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #33-12 Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #33-12 Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #33-12 TMBG: NYU? TMBG: Re: William Allen White Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 00:49:45 -0600 (MDT) From: Tara Weber Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #33-12 Message-ID: > >3.) I learned that my > >officemate got to live for a while in a cabin that used to belong to > >William Allen White (I'll tell you the story if you really want to know, > >but it's really not that exciting). > > Was a giant image of his head on any of the walls? > Now that'd be creepy...now I'm gonna have weird dreams tonight for sure. :) Anyway, my English department officemate was an artist-in-residence at Rocky Mountain National Park a few years ago, which basically involved living in the park for free for a couple of weeks and writing hokey poems about deer. For his time in residence, he stayed in an old cabin which used to belong to none other than William Allen White. So here he's earnestly trying to explain to me who he was, that he was a journalist, et cetera, and next thing I know I'm telling him that yes, I listen to a band that has a strange fixation with featuring his disembodied head in their videos, and...um, yeah. > >So, a shout out to any of the folks from back in the day, if they're still > >on the list--Nola Weaver, Matt James, Jim Kuemmerle, Mike Leffel, are you > >still there? Jordan (TMBgirl), are you still in Denver? > > Okay, I don't even know who Nola Weaver is. Matt James and Jordan are > probably still around somewhere, but they don't post much anymore. Jim > Kuemmerle quit this list some time ago. He still posts to the off-topic > list occasionally, but not all that much, since he doesn't have his own > computer as of yet (although he should be getting one soon). Mike Leffel > also quit this list and stayed on the off-topic one for a while, but he > later quit that one as well, and he hasn't really been around since. > wow, this list _has_ become rather slow, if half this digest is everyone telling me that most of the people I remember are gone. :) So what's with this off-topic list? Born out of one of those big arguments about tangents that comes up every few months, I'm guessing? --Tara ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 08:24:08 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #33-12 Message-ID: <20000912.082446.-206129.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> >Born out of one of those big arguments > about > tangents that comes up every few months, I'm guessing? so on that note... what's everyone listening to these days? i'll start. starling mike errico judith edelman band the subdudes hayden (everything i long for) guster (goldfly) songs: ohia db leonard andy stochansky nick drake eddie from ohio laura love pedro the lion flashing lights dismemberment plan reclinerland fleming and john love nut ok that's enough for now --- if i feel the need, i'll post some more "awesome bands/musicians you should check out" take it easy, JOrdaN http://www.geocities.com/tmbgirl.geo/ ________________________________________________________________ YOU'RE PAYING TOO MUCH FOR THE INTERNET! Juno now offers FREE Internet Access! Try it today - there's no risk! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj. ------------------------------ From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Nerf Alex) Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 06:01:34 -0700 (PDT) Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #33-12 Message-ID: <27387-39BE292E-5460@storefull-242.iap.bryant.webtv.net> The Offtopic list: This is a list that I started awhile ago when an argument broke out over posts to the list that had nothing to do with TMBG. So, the offtopic list came about for fans of TMBG to get together and discuss other things that interest them and stuff (cause everybody knows that us TMBG fans are the coolest people on Earth). For anyone thinking about joining, just be warned that it's a very active list, and while most conversations that occur there are pointless, they're always fun! Music I'm listening to: Jim's Big Ego Nerf Herder The Getaway People Guster 12 Rods King Missile Soul Coughing Plastilina Mosh The Uninvited Jump, Little Children The Bogmen And there's always many more, but the above artists have seen my C.D. player the most lately. Dexter Flansburgh http://community.webtv.net/GhostKrabb http://www.hello.to/Bootlegs (my tape trade page) ------------------------------ From: Mijacogeo6@aol.com Message-ID: <91.71c5aa.26efa768@aol.com> Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 11:36:08 EDT Subject: TMBG: NYU? JOrdaN wrote: >did i mention i go to NYU? Wow i havent posted anything in a long time, but this sparked my interest...You go to NYU? So do I! are you a graduate student? Im a freshman, and in my first 3 weeks here I havent met one TMBG fan! Isnt that sad? Anyway, i just thought it was interesting that someone on the list goes to the same school as I do :) Luff, Christine ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 15:45:19 -0400 From: "The Demonic Kangaroo" Message-ID: <8pm16t$kkg$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: William Allen White By the way, TMBG orginally wanted to use the face of Orson Welles but They were afraid of getting sued so they opted for the less recognizeable face of William Allen White. -Mike > cetera, and next thing I know I'm telling him that yes, I listen to a band > that has a strange fixation with featuring his disembodied head in their > videos, and...um, yeah. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #33-13 ******************************