Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #33-16 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 33, Number 16 Saturday, 16 September 2000 Today's Topics: TMBG: Rumored Boston Show? TMBG: Re: 11/10 Rochester Show Non-TMBG: Little Tiny Songs (and a little tiny favor) Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <001b01c01f2b$87456260$56ca7aa8@bu.edu> From: "Casey Schreiner" Subject: TMBG: Rumored Boston Show? Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 15:42:02 -0000 Organization: Boston Universurt Just a quick question, here... I've heard from two completely independent sources that TMBG were playing at the Avalon in Boston on Nov. 18th, but I do not see this listed anywhere, either on their site, or on Pollstar. Now, I know that these sites usually are pretty slow on this sort of thing, so I was just wondering if anyone else had heard about this show, or has any more information. Thanks -Casey ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 20:09:34 -0400 From: Adrienne Spruill Message-ID: <39C2BA3E.C70111F2@epix.net> Organization: Student Subject: TMBG: Re: 11/10 Rochester Show Call Ticket Master, which more than likely won't have tickets or the Palestra. Were exactly are you coming from? Rachel Vecchitto wrote: > > Hey guys - > > Does anyone from Rochester know how to go about getting tickets to the > 11/10 show at the Palestra? I probably can't get out to any of the Bowery > shows since I have class 'til 7 every Thursday, so I'd really, really like > to get out to that one. > Also, I redesigned Fans of Flans - let me know what you think: > . > > :) Rachel ------------------------------ From: "James LeVeque" Subject: Non-TMBG: Little Tiny Songs (and a little tiny favor) Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 19:38:44 -0700 Message-ID: I'm coming out of lurkdom once again to ask you guys of a li'l favor: I need as many quick, short, and easy to sing songs at possible. You see, the madrigal choir at our high school (stuck in middle-of-nowhere northern califonia) has been invited to the Gloucester Invitational Choral Festival in Gloucester, England over Thanksgiving. The whole trip costs about $40,000, split across everybody that's about 1600 bucks each, we started fundraising asap, (May) and still got about 15 grand and one month left to go. Long story already long: We've got one big fundraiser left: a Sing-a-Thon. all 24 of us locked in the band room, all singing songs straight from 8 to 8 and gettin' anywhere from 5 to 25 cents per pledge per person per song. We did the math and we think with all the pledges we have so far we can get a good part of the money left and pay the rest ourselves. Anywhoo, you guy's gotta help me milk this community for all it's worth. In other words, *please* help me find as many really short, simple, and easy to sing songs (by Them or otherwise) as you can so we can push our grand total as high as heavenly possible. **SHAMELESS PLUG** Oh, and by the way *WINK*... if you'd like to make a pledge yourself *WINK* I'd be more than grateful *WINK* 'Course, all I can give you in return is the satisfaction of knowing you'll be helping give two-dozen music lovers the chance to give what'll prolly be the performance of their lives in the modern-day mecca of madrigal music, in a cathedral of all places! If you _really_ wanna pledge, you can do it per song (we'll probably sing about 200 but who knows) or just gimmie a flat 5 bucks or whatever. A postcard with a dime taped to the back. Anything is good. Just email me and I'll get back to you in a couple of days (I'm a lazy bum). Welp, thank you my They-loving friends, and those of you in the UK: I'll see you soon. ~blue_j ~~James LeVeque ~~~ICQ: 6274717 ~Yes, I realize the irony of spending my Thanksgiving vacation in England. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #33-16 ******************************