Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #33-3 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 33, Number 3 Sunday, 3 September 2000 Today's Topics: TMBG: Malcolm in the Middle CD TMBG: Behind the Music? TMBG: TMBG lawsuit? Re: TMBG: Behind the Music? TMBG: Break-up songs Re: TMBG: Break-up songs Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: "Erich Cannon" Subject: TMBG: Malcolm in the Middle CD Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2000 02:30:28 -0700 Message-ID: http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=426134352 So VERY tempting.... erich ------------------------------ From: "Erich Cannon" Subject: TMBG: Behind the Music? Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2000 02:36:34 -0700 Message-ID: I havent been able to follow the list so this may be somehting I missed or a joke or something but are TMBG subject of a Behind the Music or is theonion just a joke thing or what? >They Might Be Giants Behind The Music Episode Lacks Sex, Drugs >NEW YORK--The new They Might Be Giants episode of VH1's Behind The Music is >devoid of sex and drugs, sources reported Monday. "Man, we haven't had that much >trouble finding something juicy since the 'Weird Al' episode," VH1 senior vice-president Bill Flanagan said. "We can almost always hit paydirt with a band's groupies, but in They Might Be Giants' case, they're all 31-year-old computer programmers." The They Might Be Giants episode largely focused on keyboardist/accordionist John Linnell's harrowing early-'90s addiction to Tetris. ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 12:57:06 -0400 From: Wen-Po Tsai Message-ID: <39AE8E62.57CA9D93@erols.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: TMBG lawsuit? What exactly was this lawsuit with Crazy Eddie? And who is he, anyhow? I've never heard anything about this before. http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=42652634 Item description: Magazine. NEW YORK - August 3, 1987. Newlyweds Lila Mukamal and Robert Persky are pictured on cover. IN THIS ISSUE: BRIDES AT LAST - getting married past 40; HOSPITAL HYPE - Competition for patients spurs a marketing blitz; plus a blurb about They Might Be Giants' lawsuit against Crazy Eddie (the duo is pictured). FOR THEATRE BUFFS: John Simon's review of Pavel Kohout's production of 1984. REVIEWED IN THIS ISSUE: WISH YOU WERE HERE starring Emily Lloyd (with a sexy photo of Lloyd); Peter Sellars' production of DON GIOVANNI; the Bolshoi's RAYMONDA (Nina Ananiashvili is pictured); photographer Cindy Sherman. ALSO PICTURED: Glenn Close, Howard Stringer, Betty Carter, Donald Sutherland, Richard Lewis, Billie Bird. ------------------------------ From: "John Ferrer" Subject: Re: TMBG: Behind the Music? Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2000 17:01:34 GMT Message-ID: The Onion is an extremely funny parody newspaper that has a penchant for pop culture references. There's no real Behind the Music special. TMBG will continue to be snubbed by the major music video networks. But to plug the Onion more, it's consistently the funniest thing I've ever read, and its satire and absurdity should appeal to the average TMBG fanatic. >I havent been able to follow the list so this may be somehting I missed or >a >joke or something but are TMBG subject of a Behind the Music or is theonion >just a joke thing or what? > > > > >They Might Be Giants Behind The Music Episode Lacks Sex, Drugs > >NEW YORK--The new They Might Be Giants episode of VH1's Behind The Music >is > >devoid of sex and drugs, sources reported Monday. "Man, we haven't had >that >much >trouble finding something juicy since the 'Weird Al' episode," VH1 >senior vice-president Bill Flanagan said. "We can almost always hit paydirt >with a band's groupies, but in They Might Be Giants' case, they're all >31-year-old computer programmers." The They Might Be Giants episode largely >focused on keyboardist/accordionist John Linnell's harrowing early-'90s >addiction to Tetris. _________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com. Share information about yourself, create your own public profile at http://profiles.msn.com. ------------------------------ From: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2000 00:43:48 EDT Subject: TMBG: Break-up songs I saw this topic on the AOL welcome screen (yeah, I know, pretty lame) so I thought I've have to suggest a TMBG song. "They'll Need a Crane" and "Lucky Ball and Chain" were already up there, but I submitted "Narrow Your Eyes". Your comments are welcome. "I'm the one who loves you! He's the angry one, with all the swear words!" Dr. Rick Worm Chief of Surgical Staff The Worm Clinic Shaker Heights, Ohio ------------------------------ From: MsTanbul@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2000 01:09:03 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Break-up songs Pet Name .... it actually went very well with a break up of mine, though he didn't know it. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #33-3 *****************************