Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #33-30 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 33, Number 30 Saturday, 30 September 2000 Today's Topics: TMBG: my opinion of robot design/new dialasong.com TMBG: my opinion of robot design and the new dialasong.com Re:TMBG: J+J in MacOS X addressbook example. Re:TMBG: my page! Re: TMBG: my opinion of robot design/new dialasong.com Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 01:09:37 -0500 Subject: TMBG: my opinion of robot design/new dialasong.com Message-ID: <20000929.010938.-970133.1.TOMACQUISTO@juno.com> From: TOM J ACQUISTO Robot Design: A parody of a parody of an unreleased TMBG song. This song seems really stupid and uninspired. I realize it's just a promotion for a web site but come on if their trying not to be novelty and subjected to Weird Al comparisons they're heading in the wrong direction with this one. On the other hand, the full version of Don't Cry on the new www.dialasong.com managed to put a smile on my face in a very comedy music kinda way and is definately worth checking out. I don't believe anyone's mentioned the new dial a song on the list, yet, but it is interesting unlike Robot Design. I really don't want to know Flans' thought process in doing that one. Why? nick ________________________________________________________________ YOU'RE PAYING TOO MUCH FOR THE INTERNET! Juno now offers FREE Internet Access! Try it today - there's no risk! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000601c029df$d6470bc0$2acdfe3f@oemcomputer> From: "PAT ACQUISTO" Subject: TMBG: my opinion of robot design and the new dialasong.com Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 00:39:58 -0500 Organization: Prodigy Internet Robot Design: A parody of a parody of an unreleased TMBG song. This song seems really stupid and uninspired. I realize it's just a promotion for a web site but come on if their trying not to be novelty and subjected to Weird Al comparisons they're heading in the wrong direction with this one. On the other hand, the full version of Don't Cry on the new www.dialasong.com managed to put a smile on my face in a very comedy music kinda way and is definately worth checking out. I don't believe anyone's mentioned the new dial a song on the list, yet, but it is interesting unlike Robot Design. I really don't want to know Flans' thought process in doing that one. Why? nick ------------------------------ From: karinh@sterl.com Message-Id: <0009299702.AA970235571@smtplink.sterl.com> Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 09:52:48 -0400 Subject: Re:TMBG: J+J in MacOS X addressbook example. That rocks ! I didn't have a chance to look at it til now (dial-a-song may be free if you call from work, but net usage is watched like a crack house around here)but that was well worth waiting for. Good eyes, Daniel! Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ____________________Reply Separator____________________ Subject: TMBG: J+J in MacOS X addressbook example. Author: Daniel Rodrigues Parreira Date: 09/22/00 8:18 PM Searching the archives of the list I didn't find this mentioned. On http://macworld.zdnet.com/2000/09/13/tour/8.html (a tour of the new MacOS X beta), look at the entries on the left! Daniel Rodrigues Parreira ------------------------------ From: karinh@sterl.com Message-Id: <0009299702.AA970237506@smtplink.sterl.com> Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 10:25:02 -0400 Subject: Re:TMBG: my page! Anybody gone & seen this? Bubble much?? KH ** FTE67 ** ____________________Reply Separator____________________ Subject: TMBG: my page! Author: "Princess Kristy" Date: 09/21/00 5:59 AM I have the happiest, most special web page ever! Go look at it!! Jer made it, he's the best!!! http://www.iup.edu/~xhvh See meeeeee, the Princess! And there will be more pics to come!! Love, No ordinary princess sooooo thankful to Jer for making her happy since now! ------------------------------ From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: my opinion of robot design/new dialasong.com Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 16:17:01 GMT Message-ID: Tom Acquisto: >Robot Design: A parody of a parody of an unreleased TMBG song. It's been released before. Unless you count the "adult version" as a parody, in which case the parody has been released. >This song >seems really stupid and uninspired. I realize it's just a promotion for >a >web site but come on if their trying not to be novelty and subjected to >Weird Al comparisons they're heading in the wrong direction with this >one. Well, They've parodied Their own songs before ("Particle Man hates Particle Man!"), so it's nothing new. I agree that They probably could have come up with something more clever in this case, though. "Oranges And Graphic Design" was a much better song. >On the other hand, the full version of Don't Cry on the new >www.dialasong.com managed to put a smile on my face in a very comedy >music >kinda way and is definately worth checking out. I don't believe anyone's >mentioned the new dial a song on the list, yet, but it is interesting >unlike >Robot Design. I haven't heard it yet. Maybe I should check out dialasong.com again in the near future. >I really don't want to know Flans' thought process in doing >that one. Why? Isn't this a bit contradictory? -- Eat your broccoli, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com. Share information about yourself, create your own public profile at http://profiles.msn.com. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #33-30 ******************************