Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #34-10 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 34, Number 10 Thursday, 12 October 2000 Today's Topics: TMBG: Dial-A-Song is acting up to our advantage Re:TMBG: Dial-A-Song is acting up to our advantage TMBG: Birdhouse on Kareoke TMBG: Concert at Recher Theatre Re: TMBG: Birdhouse on Kareoke Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 02:06:48 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Dial-A-Song is acting up to our advantage Message-ID: <20001011.020649.-250505.0.TOMACQUISTO@juno.com> From: TOM J ACQUISTO Was anyone else totally baffled by what's playing on dial-a-song right now? Was this done on purpose? I called about an hour ago and was listening for what seemed like about 20 mins. Within that period of time the following songs came on. -Every time I Sing Along to TMBG Dial-A-Song Jingle -Wicked Little Critter -Dial-a-Song Is Coming to Take You Along Jingle -Flans announcing tour dates for shows that happened last February,about MitM, and Radio TMBG then -the end of spy from a soundcheck or practice or the radio show that followed -uninteligible distant talking and laughing -A trombone and clarinet practicing Severe tire Damage theme -End of Dr. Worm -a Traffic Report from the BBC -A bit of a BBC radio interview with them -A variation of Hickey vs. Cog announcing the DJ -Birdhouse in Your Soul Live in the studio -Sink to the Bottom with You by Fountains of Wayne The End The whole thing seems like it ended up that way on accident but it's hard to tell. Itreminds me of the "Butter........, Noooooo,....Joe" that was at the beginning of the Istanbul Dial-A-Song only more spontaneous. What do you guys think? nick ________________________________________________________________ YOU'RE PAYING TOO MUCH FOR THE INTERNET! Juno now offers FREE Internet Access! Try it today - there's no risk! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj. ------------------------------ From: karinh@sterl.com Message-Id: <0010119712.AA971272229@smtplink.sterl.com> Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 09:50:24 -0400 Subject: Re:TMBG: Dial-A-Song is acting up to our advantage I think you're a lucky little critter, with or without a sissy bar.... I just tried, & just got the first half. I would LOVE 20 mins worth of Dial-a-Song, especially all that obscure stuff you listed at the end. Course, at 2:06 a.m. all the little ghosties of TMBG clips past come out to dance. That'll teach me to have a 9-to-5 job..... Waaah Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ____________________Reply Separator____________________ Subject: TMBG: Dial-A-Song is acting up to our advantage Author: TOM J ACQUISTO Date: 10/11/00 2:06 AM Was anyone else totally baffled by what's playing on dial-a-song right now? Was this done on purpose? I called about an hour ago and was listening for what seemed like about 20 mins. Within that period of time the following songs came on. -Every time I Sing Along to TMBG Dial-A-Song Jingle -Wicked Little Critter -Dial-a-Song Is Coming to Take You Along Jingle -Flans announcing tour dates for shows that happened last February,about MitM, and Radio TMBG then -the end of spy from a soundcheck or practice or the radio show that followed -uninteligible distant talking and laughing -A trombone and clarinet practicing Severe tire Damage theme -End of Dr. Worm -a Traffic Report from the BBC -A bit of a BBC radio interview with them -A variation of Hickey vs. Cog announcing the DJ -Birdhouse in Your Soul Live in the studio -Sink to the Bottom with You by Fountains of Wayne The End The whole thing seems like it ended up that way on accident but it's hard to tell. Itreminds me of the "Butter........, Noooooo,....Joe" that was at the beginning of the Istanbul Dial-A-Song only more spontaneous. What do you guys think? nick ________________________________________________________________ YOU'RE PAYING TOO MUCH FOR THE INTERNET! Juno now offers FREE Internet Access! Try it today - there's no risk! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj. ------------------------------ From: NitpickR@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 14:41:47 EDT Subject: TMBG: Birdhouse on Kareoke Hello 41-- I think I remember this being a topic a long time ago when I was in a Kareoke Bar this weekend. Needless to say they had Birdhouse. Of course I sang to it. Tight. The video was kinda surreal. It was, if I remember correctly, a man and a woman and a kid. They were running around a stage that had a bed on it. I think they ran around with a nightlight and a birdhouse for some of the time. The dominating colors were blue and white. It was actually pretty cool. I don't know how to get a copy of this so it can be put on the next video compilation, but if anyone wants to try, the place is called Japas 43. It's on 43rd St, just east of Times Square. Cool place. On another note, the video for Whip It was really bizzare. Very devolved. Though I doubt that Jerry directed it, I would not be surprised to find out if a Devo fan did. It looked like it was filmed at the same place that the Puppethead video was shot. Among other weird shots were these two white guys, both in their black, shiny, matching one-piece wrestling uniform with sunglasses on. Sometimes they whipped up egg whites. Sometimes they had whips. At one point they took turns whipping a birthday cake until it fell to the ground and a dog came and licked it up. Right. Oh, I'm an "old timer" too I suppose. 5, almost 6 years and counting. ~Adam ------------------------------ From: MikeTheGiant@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 14:52:22 EDT Subject: TMBG: Concert at Recher Theatre I just want to thank the two people that gave me information on the Nov. 4th concert at the Recher Theatre in Towson, Maryland. If anyone else from the list is going, I suggest that we all get together, so I could do a concert page on my web-site. I already have some pictures from the last show that I went to Oct. 19, 1999 at the 9:30 Club in DC. Anyway, does anyone know if this is a MitM tour, or does it not have a theme. I'll talk to you all later. Mike Stabile ------------------------------ Date: 11 Oct 2000 13:51:20 -0800 Message-ID: <-1240850219ggr@wlg.com> From: Bongo Subject: Re: TMBG: Birdhouse on Kareoke NitpickR@aol.com wrote: >Hello 41-- > >I think I remember this being a topic a long time ago when I was in a Kareoke >Bar this weekend. Needless to say they had Birdhouse. Of course I sang to >it. Tight. The video was kinda surreal... I remember Birdhouse Kareoke being mentioned on this list years ago. I'm pretty sure it was someone from the UK that spotted it. (Which would make sense since, as I recall, it was a much bigger hit there.) I never knew it had video to it besides the lyrics. I agree it would be great for the video bootleg. Or at least I'd like to here the audio. Was it the TMBG version minus lyrics? Or was it recorded by some bland direct to Kareoke musicians? -B O N G O PS: Not sure if I spelled Kareoke correctly. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #34-10 ******************************