Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #34-12 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 34, Number 12 Saturday, 14 October 2000 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Re: Birdhouse on Kareoke Re: TMBG: Re: Birdhouse on Kareoke TMBG: Beer Song RE: TMBG: Beer Song Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: "Christina Rockwell" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Birdhouse on Kareoke Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 22:14:52 -0400 Message-ID: I have seen Birdhouse in a mall in the kareoke booth. It was a midi version. I didn't sing it because I didn't have time... but as I was walking by the booth was playing samples of the songs it had. :D ----- Original Message ----- From: "Bongo" To: Sent: Thursday, October 12, 2000 11:17 AM Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Birdhouse on Kareoke > > > NitpickR@aol.com wrote: > >Hello 41- > > > >< >direct to Kareoke musicians?>> > > > >The music was actually pretty good, as was all the music at this place. It > >was all MIDI, but really good MIDI. They had the keyboard part sounding > >right and even included subtlties like the "Summer in the City" horn in the > >middle. Very close to TMBG. > > > >~Adam > > > > > Someone sent me this off list. I think maybe he intended to send it th the list: > > >It is the original song with the Vocal mixed out. I have actually done that > >one before at the bar. I can't remember what the video looks > >like though. > > > > Two conflicting reports but I've seen Kareoke version done both ways. So probably they are from two different comapnies. It must cost them more to licence the music AND the actual recording. I imagine the cheaper companies make their own synth version. > > -B O N G O > > > ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 21:27:26 -0500 From: John David Crafton Message-ID: <39E7C48E.5F52BB13@yahoo.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Birdhouse on Kareoke This is bugging me. the word is "Karaoke" ------------------------------ From: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Message-ID: <39.b53b17a.271931df@aol.com> Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 23:49:51 EDT Subject: TMBG: Beer Song I got a song off Napster this week, called "The Beer Song", and credibted to TMBG. It sounds vaguely like Flans singing, but I'm not sure if it's authentic. Could anyone help me out? Doc Rick Worm ------------------------------ From: "Nicholas Wolf" Subject: RE: TMBG: Beer Song Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 23:10:24 -0600 Message-ID: How's it go? There's a song I got on an mp3.com compilation called "Thank You Jagermeister". Might that be it? Signed, Nick Wolf TMBG Ambassador to the State of New Mexico -----Original Message----- From: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org [mailto:owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org]On Behalf Of CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Sent: Friday, October 13, 2000 9:50 PM To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Beer Song I got a song off Napster this week, called "The Beer Song", and credibted to TMBG. It sounds vaguely like Flans singing, but I'm not sure if it's authentic. Could anyone help me out? Doc Rick Worm ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #34-12 ******************************