Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #34-13 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 34, Number 13 Sunday, 15 October 2000 Today's Topics: TMBG: RE: The Beer Song TMBG: Re: RE: The Beer Song Re: TMBG: Beer Song Re: TMBG: Beer Song TMBG: Re: Beer Song Re: TMBG: Beer Song TMBG: Beer Song Re: TMBG: Beer Song Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: "Gary K" Subject: TMBG: RE: The Beer Song Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 01:22:09 -0500 Message-ID: It is probably the Moxy Fruvous song. -----Original Message----- From: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org [mailto:owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org]On Behalf Of CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Sent: Friday, October 13, 2000 9:50 PM To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Beer Song I got a song off Napster this week, called "The Beer Song", and credibted to TMBG. It sounds vaguely like Flans singing, but I'm not sure if it's authentic. Could anyone help me out? Doc Rick Worm ------------------------------ From: "Christina Rockwell" Subject: TMBG: Re: RE: The Beer Song Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 08:42:24 -0400 Message-ID: What I don't understand is this: We are all hardcore TMBG fans. Shouldn't we know what songs are TMBG and what songs are mislabeled? ----- Original Message ----- From: "Gary K" To: "They Might Be Giants" Sent: Saturday, October 14, 2000 2:22 AM Subject: TMBG: RE: The Beer Song > It is probably the Moxy Fruvous song. > > -----Original Message----- > From: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org [mailto:owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org]On > Behalf Of CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com > Sent: Friday, October 13, 2000 9:50 PM > To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org > Subject: TMBG: Beer Song > > I got a song off Napster this week, called "The Beer Song", and credibted to > TMBG. It sounds vaguely like Flans singing, but I'm not sure if it's > authentic. Could anyone help me out? > > Doc Rick Worm > > ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20001014124255.66106.qmail@web9502.mail.yahoo.com> Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 05:42:55 -0700 (PDT) From: Jennifer Morton Subject: Re: TMBG: Beer Song --- CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com wrote: > I got a song off Napster this week, called "The Beer > Song", and credibted to > TMBG. It sounds vaguely like Flans singing, but I'm > not sure if it's > authentic. Could anyone help me out? > > Doc Rick Worm Excuse me while I pop out of the shadows to say that there is a Beer Song by DVDA, Trey Parker and Matt Stone's band. Might that be it? ===== Sullenmoon1@yahoo.com Sullenmoon@rocketmail.com http://members.tripod.com/~SullenMoon/index.html "...i could never sleep my way to the top, 'cause my alarm-clock always wakes me right up..." -They Might Be Giants __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Yahoo! Messenger - Talk while you surf! It's FREE. http://im.yahoo.com/ ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20001014124305.78403.qmail@web9505.mail.yahoo.com> Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 05:43:05 -0700 (PDT) From: Jennifer Morton Subject: Re: TMBG: Beer Song --- CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com wrote: > I got a song off Napster this week, called "The Beer > Song", and credibted to > TMBG. It sounds vaguely like Flans singing, but I'm > not sure if it's > authentic. Could anyone help me out? > > Doc Rick Worm Excuse me while I pop out of the shadows to say that there is a Beer Song by DVDA, Trey Parker and Matt Stone's band. Might that be it? __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Yahoo! Messenger - Talk while you surf! It's FREE. http://im.yahoo.com/ ------------------------------ From: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Message-ID: <46.bd9d608.271a01dd@aol.com> Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 14:37:17 EDT Subject: TMBG: Re: Beer Song In a message dated 10/14/00 1:09:49 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Nick Wolf writes: << How's it go? There's a song I got on an mp3.com compilation called "Thank You Jagermeister". Might that be it? >> One verse: I can't remember how much I have had. I drank a 12-pack With my dad. That's my boy, the drunken manly stud. I'm proud to be his bud! Hope that helps. Doc Rick Worm ------------------------------ Message-ID: <02e201c03625$714c75a0$81594ac7@jbl010.acns.nwu.edu> From: "Jamie Lipton" Subject: Re: TMBG: Beer Song Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 16:26:40 -0500 More lyrics to this - What is the malted liquor What gets you drunker quicker What comes in bottles or in cans (Beer.) Can't get enough of it How I really love it Makes me think I'm a man It doesn't sound like something TMBG would write - it's backed up by a well-known classical piece that I can't place right now. However, I'm perplexed because the voices really do sound just like Flansburgh and Linnell. - Jamie ------------------------------ From: "Erich Cannon" Subject: TMBG: Beer Song Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 14:41:36 -0700 Message-ID: It's so not, if you look up the beer song you'll find that south park and DVDA is listed far more than TMBG, if at all. just someone dumb who didnt know who did the song labled it TMBG. Also I just know cause of some south park sites ive been to have it, its from an episode. Erich [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] What the hell is everybody smoking? I just listened to that song and it's clearly not TMBG. They sound nothing like Linnell or Flansburgh. i just listened to it again to be sure. One of the singers sound like flans when he's singing at the same time as all the others but when he's solo you can tell it's not him. I don't think TMBG would rip off a familiar tune like that either. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #34-13 ******************************