Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #34-15 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 34, Number 15 Tuesday, 17 October 2000 Today's Topics: TMBG: TMBG News? TMBG: tmbg-list FAQ Re: TMBG: TMBG News? Re: TMBG: TMBG News? Re: TMBG: TMBG News? TMBG: TMBG FAQ Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000 23:09:50 -0700 (PDT) Message-Id: <200010160609.XAA65434@mando.engr.sgi.com> From: John Relph Subject: TMBG: TMBG News? So is there any real timely interesting news about Them? I've visited the websites and I haven't seen anything new lately. Whassup? -- John ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 03:15:00 -0400 (EDT) From: Majordomo Message-Id: <200010160715.DAA33905@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Subject: TMBG: tmbg-list FAQ *** ADMINISTRIVIA *** This notice is posted twice a month to tmbg-list and tmbg-digest, as well as sent to all new users. Please read it if you have questions about the list. The TMBG mailing list is administered by Leo Bicknell . It provides a forum for discussing They Might Be Giants and Their music. 1) Unsubscribing from the list It is easy to unsubscribe from this mailing list. If you are subscribed to the regular, or "bounce" list, send the command unsubscribe tmbg-list e-mail@address in the body of a message to . To unsubscribe from the tmbg-digest digested version of the list, send the command unsubscribe tmbg-digest e-mail@address in the body of a message to . "e-mail@address" stands for the email address that is subscribed to the list. If you are sending the command from the email account that is subscribed, this part of the command is optional. If you have problems, send mail to . 2) Subscribing to the list Follow the instructions above for unsubscribing but send the word 'subscribe' rather than unsubscribe. :-) Keep in mind that tmbg-list will send you a copy of each message as it's written, which may be a lot. tmbg-digest will send you all the messages written in a day in the middle of the night. See http://www.tmbg.org/mail-news/ for more information. 3) Sending messages to the list To send a message to the list just mail it to tmbg-list@tmbg.org and it will get sent out to everyone. Please don't mail any chain letters, make money fast schemes, "me too" messages, or anything else that doesn't contribute to the discussion about TMBG. IMPORTANT IMPORTANT IMPORTANT IMPORTANT IMPORTANT When you send a message to the list you are sending messages to hundreds of people. Make sure that your message is one that hundreds of people need to read. Do not send "me too" messages to the list. Do not send messages about non-tmbg topics to the list. Hold private conversations in private e-mail. Sending messages that the list administrator deems off topic will result in your being removed from the list. 4) The TMBG FAQ The They Might Be Giants Frequently Asked Questions list is a compilation of the most requested information about the Johns. It is maintained by John Relph . To get the latest copy of the FAQ, you can do any of the following things. First, it is available on the World Wide Web at: http://reality.sgi.com/relph/music/TMBG-FAQ.html and, for a plaintext version: http://reality.sgi.com/relph/music/TMBG-FAQ Second, it is posted regularly on the newsgroup alt.music.tmbg. Third, if you can't get to one of those places, you can mail me and I'll send you a copy. 5) The websites The unofficial web site, http://www.tmbg.org/ has all sorts of good TMBG information including information on this mailing list (http://www.tmbg.org/mail-news/) as well as pointers to where you can read the list via news. You'll also find lyrics, chords, and interpretations for many of the songs. Also try out the Official TMBG Website at: http://www.tmbg.com/ As always, thank you for your mind. *** ADMINISTRIVIA *** ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 04:54:24 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG News? They've just announced the themes of the Bowery shows (finally!) at www.spin.com, but other than that, not too much. As you may know, the Malcolm soundtrack was pushed back to early Feb., and the No soundtrack is expected to come out shortly after that. No extensive tour tour plans, although I'd expect they will tour to promote No and the soundtrack soon. Then *maybe* the next regular album later in the year, although I wouldn't hold my breath. Kay ------------------------------ From: "Erich Cannon" Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG News? Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 02:24:44 -0700 Message-ID: from spin.com article it says "In related news, the band also recently contributed a few tracks for the Malcolm In The Middle soundtrack, out Oct. 24." and they are on the ball witht hings Giant so I think we'll see it in our chubby hands come the next couple of weeks ya'all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Erich ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: <2d.2302b49.271c2437@aol.com> Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 05:28:23 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG News? In a message dated 10/16/2000 5:24:11 AM Eastern Daylight Time, mrminiwheat60@hotmail.com writes: << from spin.com article it says "In related news, the band also recently contributed a few tracks for the Malcolm In The Middle soundtrack, out Oct. 24." and they are on the ball witht hings Giant so I think we'll see it in our chubby hands come the next couple of weeks ya'all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Erich >> Sadly, Operator Dot has confirmed that the soundtrack has indeed been pushed back til February, so that part of the Spin article is wrong. It also erroneously reported that the No preview show will be a "family night," when it will still be 18+ like the other shows (they actually tried to get it to be all ages, but they couldn't get laws about allowing minors in venues with bars *sigh*). Kay ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 16:01:44 -0700 (PDT) Message-Id: <200010162301.QAA03582@mando.engr.sgi.com> From: John Relph Subject: TMBG: TMBG FAQ Hi folks, Due to time pressures because of additional responsibilities in my job, a necessary evil, I am forced to abandon maintenance of the TMBG FAQ. Let me spell it out: The They Might Be Giants Answers to Frequently Asked Questions List. I can no longer maintain the document. Thus, I am asking for a dedicated volunteer who is willing to update the document at least once every month. The ideal candidate is reasonably detail oriented, familiar with HTML and ftp, and last but certainly not least, a BIG TMBG FAN! Please contact me with letters of recommendation (or at least some pointers to pages you already maintain) and a short essay explaining why you think you should maintain the FAQ. Or, just send some email. Thanks everybody! Visit the TMBG FAQ at http://www.tmbg.org/band-info/faq/ (but if you didn't know where to find it already maybe you're not the person for the job :-). And now back to our regularly scheduled broadcast. -- John ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #34-15 ******************************