Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #34-17 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 34, Number 17 Thursday, 19 October 2000 Today's Topics: TMBG: Mime-Version: 1.0 Re: Sorta-TMBG: Cool radio stations (orig. "wow...") TMBG: OT: Phantom of the Opera Punk TMBG: Re: Mime-Version: 1.0 Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: <3.0.6.32.20001018201346.007b7100@student.anu.edu.au> Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 20:13:46 +1000 From: Ryan Mooney Subject: TMBG: Mime-Version: 1.0 >What other station would play not only a punk cover of >Phantom of the Opera and a lounge cover of Wonderwall, but also a reggae >cover of I've Got You Babe? Wonderful station! :) Just to show my trainspottery - The lounge cover of Wonderwall is by The Mike Flowers Pops, the reggae I've Got You Babe is by (unbelievably) Merril Bainbridge... but who does the punk Phantom??? Answers on a postcard please! - R ------------------------------ From: BirdhouseIYS@aol.com Message-ID: <8f.1f28443.271edc4e@aol.com> Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 06:58:22 EDT Subject: Re: Sorta-TMBG: Cool radio stations (orig. "wow...") There used to be a good radio station here. They played TMBG at least once a week. Even two or three times a day when they were sponsoring a concert. Now all the radio stations play is crap crap crap. I can't listen to the radio anymore. ------------------------------ Date: 18 Oct 2000 07:10:11 -0800 Message-ID: <-1240269487ggr@wlg.com> From: Bongo Subject: TMBG: OT: Phantom of the Opera Punk Ryan Mooney wrote: >Just to show my trainspottery - >The lounge cover of Wonderwall is by The Mike Flowers Pops, the reggae I've >Got You Babe is by (unbelievably) Merril Bainbridge... but who does the >punk Phantom??? I think it must be Me First and the Gimme Gimmes. Their last album was all covers of Broadway show tunes. (Plus "Rainbow Connection", the opening song from The Muppet Movie.) If you like punk covers, theres a band called New Found Glory that has a CD covering sappy tunes from (mostly) 80's movies like The Never Ending Story, Karate Kid II and Titanic. I have a cd of punkified TV themes which is really cool. Can't remember the title but its got a great version of the Green Acres theme. -B O N G O ------------------------------ From: "Christina Rockwell" Subject: TMBG: Re: Mime-Version: 1.0 Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 12:52:19 -0400 Message-ID: I know that Chrissie Hynde and UB40 did a I got you babe..and that was reggae-ish and gets tons of airplay ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ryan Mooney" To: Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2000 6:13 AM Subject: TMBG: Mime-Version: 1.0 > >What other station would play not only a punk cover of > >Phantom of the Opera and a lounge cover of Wonderwall, but also a reggae > >cover of I've Got You Babe? Wonderful station! :) > > Just to show my trainspottery - > The lounge cover of Wonderwall is by The Mike Flowers Pops, the reggae I've > Got You Babe is by (unbelievably) Merril Bainbridge... but who does the > punk Phantom??? > > Answers on a postcard please! > - R > > ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #34-17 ******************************