Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #35-19 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 35, Number 19 Sunday, 19 November 2000 Today's Topics: TMBG: Re: Sincere? TMBG: another Xmas track Re: TMBG: I've Got a Match TMBG: Nov.16th Velcro Horns Show Re: TMBG: Re: Sincere? TMBG: eMusic.com Freebies TMBG: Re: eMusic.com Freebies TMBG: Re: eMusic.com Freebies Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: pzickler@mv.k12.wa.us Message-ID: <3A162E37.708831CD@mv.k12.wa.us> Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 23:22:32 -0800 Subject: TMBG: Re: Sincere? > > > > From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" > > > "Sincere" compared to what? Does this imply that the songs the Johns write > are big lies? > Well, they might be big, big, fake, fake lies, but who can say what's wrong or right? Nobody can. PZ ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 10:00:01 -0500 Subject: TMBG: another Xmas track Message-ID: <20001118.100033.-189487.3.scitamb.2@juno.com> From: Skye A Sciolto There's also the Eels Everything's Gonna Be Cool This Christmas, though it isn't the highest quality song... I have the MP3 and can email it to anyone who wants it. ttml ________________________________________________________________ GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO! Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for less! Join Juno today! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj. ------------------------------ From: Matthew Coon Message-Id: <200011181738.MAA06044@omni.cc.purdue.edu> Subject: Re: TMBG: I've Got a Match Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 12:38:24 -0500 (EST) Bryce writes: > > That said, I'm curious about your interpretation of these > lines from I've Got a Match: > I'm gonna die if you touch me one more time > Well I guess that I'm gonna die no matter what > > To me, that sounds like he thinks touching her one more time > would be worth dying. If that's the case, why would he be > leaving her? > My unsolicited interpretation falls in the "too tired to fight it" vein that seems to run through the song: she is seeking intimacy with him, and he is giving in to her even though his heart is not in it. The first line states his true feeling of wanting to be apart from her, and the second is his loss of will to follow through, and a rationalization for letting her continue to touch him. Or maybe not. m@t ------------------------------ From: Pahteeh@aol.com Message-ID: <60.8e12ac5.27481e3c@aol.com> Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 13:02:36 EST Subject: TMBG: Nov.16th Velcro Horns Show Hey everyone! I just wanted to thank Matt and co. for selling me their extra ticket for the Bowery show on Thursday! And thanks as well to the guy in the bow-tie and hat and the girl in the beanie for letting me get that ticket. Did you guys get in finally? I hope so. (I'm sorry but I forgot your names! I've never been really good with names) Of course I'm just assuming that these people are on this list! Most everyone is! Anyway at the end of the show I had some time to kill because the bus back to Hartford didn't leave until 3:30 am so I sat at the bar to have a few drinks. Turns out that the people I was sitting next to were apparently friends with Robin Goldwasser. She sat down with them and then Flansburgh came looking for her! To make a long story short, I got to meet Flans and I took a picture with him! New England ain't that bad after all... :P ------------------------------ From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Sincere? Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 18:03:07 GMT Message-ID: PZickler: > > "Sincere" compared to what? Does this imply that the songs the Johns >write > > are big lies? > > > >Well, they might be big, big, fake, fake lies, but who can say what's wrong >or >right? >Nobody can. But I thought they were finished with lies! -- Eat your broccoli, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com. Share information about yourself, create your own public profile at http://profiles.msn.com. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <01C0517A.696BB420.marcusb@alltel.net> From: Marcus B Subject: TMBG: eMusic.com Freebies Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 16:12:55 -0500 What were all the eMusic mp3s that they gave out? I have: Four Of Two Robot Parade Wake Up Call Hey Everybody Exquisite Dead Guy (Live) Spiraling Shape (Live) I'm Sick Is this all of them? Any help would be greatly appreciated.. -Marcus Brannon ------------------------------ Message-ID: <003501c051d8$7f9daec0$10450241@wall1.pa.home.com> From: "Jon" Subject: TMBG: Re: eMusic.com Freebies Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 19:26:25 -0800 "I've got a Fang" is currently being offered as a free download if you forward the new Tmbg Flash E-Card to five friends. Jon > What were all the eMusic mp3s that they gave out? > > I have: > > Four Of Two > Robot Parade > Wake Up Call > Hey Everybody > Exquisite Dead Guy (Live) > Spiraling Shape (Live) > I'm Sick > > Is this all of them? Any help would be greatly appreciated.. > > -Marcus Brannon > > ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 01:32:11 -0500 From: Wen-Po Tsai Message-ID: <3A1773EB.9603070@erols.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: eMusic.com Freebies I tried that, actually. I did the forwarding through eMusic, created a new account as a new user and came to a secure "Authentication Succeeded" page, where the "I've Got A Fang" mp3 was supposedly available for download. However, when I clicked on the link there a message came up saying that I had requested an insecure document. After I clicked the Continue button, I was brought back to the same "Authentication Succeeded" page. The link doesn't seem to go anywhere. Does anyone know how I can get away from the "Authentication Succeeded" page and download the music file? WPT Jon wrote: > "I've got a Fang" is currently being offered as a free download if you > forward the new Tmbg Flash E-Card to five friends. > > Jon ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #35-19 ******************************