Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #35-23 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 35, Number 23 Thursday, 23 November 2000 Today's Topics: Re[2]: TMBG: Re: Quotes TMBG: Re: NotJobs.com has a career opportunity for you Re:TMBG: Re: NotJobs.com has a career opportunity for you TMBG: Looking for songs... Re: TMBG: NotJobs.com has a career opportunity for you TMBG: Re: Quotes TMBG: Re: Quotes Re: TMBG: Re: Quotes Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: karinh@sterl.com Message-Id: <0011229749.AA974903286@smtplink.sterl.com> Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 09:28:00 -0500 Subject: Re[2]: TMBG: Re: Quotes Dexter sez: >I'm listening to the album "Surfer Rosa" right now, and it rocks! < I hope it's any better than Michael Shelley's "Surfer Joan".... %>} Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ------------------------------ Message-ID: <002601c0549d$4b1f1220$70220a18@sttln1.wa.home.com> From: "Lani Olson" Subject: TMBG: Re: NotJobs.com has a career opportunity for you Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 08:00:07 -0800 Since this was posted to the list, I think we should submit a resume from the list. One big resume from the conglomerate body of the TMBG list. Just think of all the combined work experience, skills, and knowledge we have to show! We'll have a job in no time! Lani O. "You see, that is why, in general, a mad scientist is less desirable than a garden-variety scientist." -The Bowler ----- Original Message ----- From: "NotJobs Recruiting" To: Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2000 3:15 PM Subject: TMBG: NotJobs.com has a career opportunity for you > > NotJobs.com (the anti-job board) is doing extensive recruiting of > candidates with skills sets such as yours. We have numerous job > openings in your area. We have identified your resume and background > to be a perfect match for a new career opportunity. We would like to > know if you have an updated resume to forward to us? **Please reply to > this email if you are interested and attach new copy of your resume. ** > > Below are some additional benefits our absolutely free service has to > offer you... > > > NotJobs.com -- The Anti-Job Board: > > We submit your resume to only companies with opportunities matching your > skills. > > We at NotJobs.com care about you. > NotJobs.com is partnered with the ResumeCARD.com, the # 1 Career > Networking Source on the web. If you reply or send a new resume, we > will build a web page for your resume (with unique URL) and send you 100 > printed ResumeCARDs free! > > ResumeCARD.com Benefits: > . Free personalized ResumeCARDs for networking > . Free faxing of your resume from the web > . Free resume web page for life > . Free tools to build, update and promote your resume web page! > > If you have any questions, please let us know. > > Or visit us on the web: > http://www.notjobs.com > http://www.resumecard.com > > > * If you do not wish to receive any more of these emails, please reply > to this email with REMOVE in the subject line. > ------------------------------ From: karinh@sterl.com Message-Id: <0011229749.AA974909634@smtplink.sterl.com> Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 11:13:46 -0500 Subject: Re:TMBG: Re: NotJobs.com has a career opportunity for you This is just whimsically evil enough to be an official List Project. I love it!! The perfect opportunity to make someone go "huh??" Only problem is, would we all fit in the cubicle?? Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ____________________Reply Separator____________________ Subject: TMBG: Re: NotJobs.com has a career opportunity for you Author: "Lani Olson" Date: 11/22/00 8:00 AM Since this was posted to the list, I think we should submit a resume from the list. One big resume from the conglomerate body of the TMBG list. Just think of all the combined work experience, skills, and knowledge we have to show! We'll have a job in no time! Lani O. "You see, that is why, in general, a mad scientist is less desirable than a garden-variety scientist." -The Bowler ----- Original Message ----- From: "NotJobs Recruiting" To: Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2000 3:15 PM Subject: TMBG: NotJobs.com has a career opportunity for you > > NotJobs.com (the anti-job board) is doing extensive recruiting of > candidates with skills sets such as yours. We have numerous job > openings in your area. We have identified your resume and background > to be a perfect match for a new career opportunity. We would like to > know if you have an updated resume to forward to us? **Please reply to > this email if you are interested and attach new copy of your resume. ** > > Below are some additional benefits our absolutely free service has to > offer you... > > > NotJobs.com -- The Anti-Job Board: > > We submit your resume to only companies with opportunities matching your > skills. > > We at NotJobs.com care about you. > NotJobs.com is partnered with the ResumeCARD.com, the # 1 Career > Networking Source on the web. If you reply or send a new resume, we > will build a web page for your resume (with unique URL) and send you 100 > printed ResumeCARDs free! > > ResumeCARD.com Benefits: > . Free personalized ResumeCARDs for networking > . Free faxing of your resume from the web > . Free resume web page for life > . Free tools to build, update and promote your resume web page! > > If you have any questions, please let us know. > > Or visit us on the web: > http://www.notjobs.com > http://www.resumecard.com > > > * If you do not wish to receive any more of these emails, please reply > to this email with REMOVE in the subject line. > ------------------------------ From: Pahteeh@aol.com Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 11:13:40 EST Subject: TMBG: Looking for songs... Message-ID: <61.90b4181.274d4ab4@aol.com> Hey everybody, I was wondering if any of you could possibly help me out. I've been searching for these songs for the past few months now, and I haven't been able to find them anywhere! I used to have them; I had inherited like over 500 records over 2 years ago-both 33's and 45's- and one of the 45s i had, i dont know by who- but the songs were: "The Drinking Man's Diet" and some thing like "The Large Dark Aardvark Song" (I don't know if that last one is the exact title. it could be "the song of the large dark aardvark") Anyway you get the gist of it, right? The point is when I went away to college my mom threw them out by mistake, not knowing that i had intended to keep them. I had them recorded on tape but last year my car stereo chewed up the tape, so i'm left with nada. I'd really like to get a copy of these songs, so if anyone has heard of them or knows of somewhere i can search for them online or something, i'd appreciate any help you could give me. The chorus to thesong "The Drinking Man's Diet" sounds similar to tmbg's song "drink" Thanks again guys! ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 11:13:35 -0500 From: "Bryce" Message-ID: <8vgrcp$27bk$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: NotJobs.com has a career opportunity for you Jim : > All together now...... > > NOTINTERESTED!!!!! Hey, not so fast. I mean, what's the only thing these spammers know about us? We listen to TMBG. So that's the only "skill" they could possibly be referring to. And if they have jobs that involve that, I'm all ears. Maybe I'll put together a TMBG-listener resume and send it off to them, to see what they say. Bryce I've been working hard. ------------------------------ From: Pahteeh@aol.com Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 14:39:54 EST Subject: TMBG: Re: Quotes Message-ID: How could I forget "Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of." And "Everybody wants prosthetic foreheads on their real heads." And even though this is a John Linnell song I also like "I'm not gonna say they're great, I ain't gonna say they ain't." Ok then! ------------------------------ From: Pahteeh@aol.com Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 16:52:58 EST Subject: TMBG: Re: Quotes Message-ID: *"Not to put too fine a point on it, say I'm the only be in your bonnet." *"I'm your only friend, I'm not your only friend, but I'm a little glowing friend, but really I'm not actually your friend but I am..."-did someone already mention this one? oh well... *"I could never sleep my way to the top, cause my alarm clock always wakes me right up." I had another one in my mind a second ago and it just escaped me! Damnit! I hate it when that happens!!! For some reason I really like this thread so I'll probably keep posting a reply long after it's been dead and buried! till then! ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 17:03:02 -0500 (EST) From: Kevin Keeler Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Quotes Message-ID: I really really like the play / similarity between (and alone) : big hand's on 120 / little hand's on 'E' and passed me bedtime / miles ago the interplay of time and ditance/ driving is fun. (and insightful, if you ask me). if i ever need to write a treatise on the firm placement of automobile culture in the american psyche, i have at least 2 supports ready to go. funking smashing, I tell you. --kevin ever think about how translating between highway miles and minutes isnt even a translation? sure 60 miles/hour = 1 minute/ mile is not higher math, but its almost like the step is compltely subverted in our minds and the road signs say 'alberquerque: 37 minutes'. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #35-23 ******************************