Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #35-25 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 35, Number 25 Sunday, 26 November 2000 Today's Topics: TMBG: Minimum Wage, heyah! (11/24 setlist) Re: TMBG: Minimum Wage, heyah! (11/24 setlist) TMBG: Re: Minimum Wage, heyah! (11/24 setlist) TMBG: Re: Minimum Wage, heyah! (11/24 setlist) TMBG: Re: Re: Minimum Wage, heyah! (11/24 setlist) TMBG: You're invited! Re: TMBG: Re: Re: Minimum Wage, heyah! (11/24 setlist) TMBG: TMBG Research Paper... Re: TMBG: Minimum Wage, heyah! (11/24 setlist) TMBG: Re: Re: Looking for Songs... TMBG: TMBG on Y100? Re: TMBG: TMBG on Y100? Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <001a01c056b9$c09c9680$6e43c7d0@thedemonickangaroo> From: "The Demonic Kangaroo" Subject: TMBG: Minimum Wage, heyah! (11/24 setlist) Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2000 03:28:44 -0500 Thought I'd post this setlist before i go to sleep from tonight at the Theater of Living Arts in Philadelphia. The two suprises are marked. Heyah! Robot Parade / James K. Polk / Minimum Wage (!) / Boss of Me / Fingertips / Your Mom's Alright / She's Actual Size / I've Got a Fang / Ana Ng / Cyclops Rock / Older / Twistin' / Women & Men (!) / Hypnotist of Ladies / It's Not My Birthday / Spy / She's an Angel / Drink / Particle Man / Dr. Worm // The Guitar / Birdhouse In Your Soul / Why Does the Sun Shine? // Istanbul (Not Constantinople) / New York City During Women & Men there was a wicked loud feedback sound that lasted for only a second but it was the loudest thing I have ever heard and it suprised the hell out of the audience and the band. The band managed to keep playing though, and finished the song. The second time it happened, during It's Not My Birthday John L. had to stop and after John F. finished yelling at the sound man they started the song over and They finished the show without incident. No, there was no whipcrack in Minimum Wage. We can only hope they get their shit together for the Flood show! The setlist has Cowtown between Birthday & Spy, but I'm pretty sure they skipped it. Can anyone back me up on this? -Mike www.theymightbegiants.org ------------------------------ From: BirdhouseIYS@aol.com Message-ID: <64.8adcdbf.2750f45b@aol.com> Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2000 05:54:19 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Minimum Wage, heyah! (11/24 setlist) I definetly saw cowtown on the setlist and definetly didn't hear it. I think that "ioud what the hell was that" is going to cause long term problems with my hearing. One thing not mentioned was that asshole who jumped on the stage. I'm pretty sure the Johns knew I wanted to kill him before he did that. The guy was being all jumpy and moochy in my little space that was just perfectly comfortable till he came along. Did I mention I was surrounded by beautiful women? And they were kinda freaky putting they're glasses on me and such. Oh well I haven't met anyone I didn't like at a TMBG concert yet (except that guy who was on the stage). So there's no hard feelings toward anyone I seemed to purposly ignore, I was just kind of freaked out by people I didn't know yelling "What's my birthday?" at me. Look at this it's 6am and I'm babbling on. I need some sleep. -the asshole who is trying hard not to be ------------------------------ Message-ID: <001001c05734$93829b60$10450241@wall1.pa.home.com> From: "Jon" Subject: TMBG: Re: Minimum Wage, heyah! (11/24 setlist) Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2000 15:08:08 -0800 I think they just replaced Cowtown with Famous Polka, only they played Polka long before Cowtown was listed on the setlist. Or maybe they played Famous Polka as a treat, and then forgot to play Cowtown...I guess it doesn't really matter since Cowtown isn't that great live anyway. The concert last night was the best TMBG concert I've been to. The band seemed...happy. They actually talked. Of course most of the talking was prompted by the sound guys or by the jackass who jumped up on stage (anyone know who that was?), but none the less, it made for an interesting and exciting show. I had a lot of fun. And to Chrissy, sorry we didnt wait around for you afterwards. We were all tired and so we went home. Maybe next time. Later. Jon ----- Original Message ----- From: "The Demonic Kangaroo" To: Sent: Saturday, November 25, 2000 12:28 AM Subject: TMBG: Minimum Wage, heyah! (11/24 setlist) > Thought I'd post this setlist before i go to sleep from tonight at the > Theater of Living Arts in Philadelphia. The two suprises are marked. Heyah! > > Robot Parade / James K. Polk / Minimum Wage (!) / Boss of Me / Fingertips / > Your Mom's Alright / She's Actual Size / I've Got a Fang / Ana Ng / Cyclops > Rock / Older / Twistin' / Women & Men (!) / Hypnotist of Ladies / It's Not > My Birthday / Spy / She's an Angel / Drink / Particle Man / Dr. Worm // The > Guitar / Birdhouse In Your Soul / Why Does the Sun Shine? // Istanbul (Not > Constantinople) / New York City > > During Women & Men there was a wicked loud feedback sound that lasted for > only a second but it was the loudest thing I have ever heard and it suprised > the hell out of the audience and the band. The band managed to keep playing > though, and finished the song. The second time it happened, during It's Not > My Birthday John L. had to stop and after John F. finished yelling at the > sound man they started the song over and They finished the show without > incident. No, there was no whipcrack in Minimum Wage. We can only hope they > get their shit together for the Flood show! The setlist has Cowtown between > Birthday & Spy, but I'm pretty sure they skipped it. Can anyone back me up > on this? > > -Mike > > www.theymightbegiants.org > > ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2000 16:14:51 -0500 From: "The Demonic Kangaroo" Message-ID: <8vpagl$1r5i$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: Minimum Wage, heyah! (11/24 setlist) Oh yeah, totally forgot They played that. Thanks! -Mike Jon wrote in message news:001001c05734$93829b60$10450241@wall1.pa.home.com... > I think they just replaced Cowtown with Famous Polka, only they played > Polka long before Cowtown was listed on the setlist. Or maybe they played > Famous Polka as a treat, and then forgot to play Cowtown...I guess it > doesn't really matter since Cowtown isn't that great live anyway. > The concert last night was the best TMBG concert I've been to. The band > seemed...happy. They actually talked. Of course most of the talking was > prompted by the sound guys or by the jackass who jumped up on stage (anyone > know who that was?), but none the less, it made for an interesting and > exciting show. I had a lot of fun. > And to Chrissy, sorry we didnt wait around for you afterwards. We were > all tired and so we went home. Maybe next time. > Later. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000a01c05749$d0b18d60$10450241@wall1.pa.home.com> From: "Jon" Subject: TMBG: Re: Re: Minimum Wage, heyah! (11/24 setlist) Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2000 17:40:10 -0800 Did anyone record this show? I would love to get a bootleg of it. Jon ----- Original Message ----- From: "The Demonic Kangaroo" To: Sent: Saturday, November 25, 2000 1:14 PM Subject: TMBG: Re: Minimum Wage, heyah! (11/24 setlist) > Oh yeah, totally forgot They played that. Thanks! > > -Mike > > Jon wrote in message > news:001001c05734$93829b60$10450241@wall1.pa.home.com... > > I think they just replaced Cowtown with Famous Polka, only they played > > Polka long before Cowtown was listed on the setlist. Or maybe they played > > Famous Polka as a treat, and then forgot to play Cowtown...I guess it > > doesn't really matter since Cowtown isn't that great live anyway. > > The concert last night was the best TMBG concert I've been to. The > band > > seemed...happy. They actually talked. Of course most of the talking was > > prompted by the sound guys or by the jackass who jumped up on stage > (anyone > > know who that was?), but none the less, it made for an interesting and > > exciting show. I had a lot of fun. > > And to Chrissy, sorry we didnt wait around for you afterwards. We > were > > all tired and so we went home. Maybe next time. > > Later. > > ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2000 19:28:54 -0500 (EST) From: Yahoo! Clubs Message-Id: <200011260028.TAA63743@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Subject: TMBG: You're invited! Hello! You have been invited by chrissmari to join the Listed Yahoo! Club named "Muckafurgason". To become a member of this club, just go to the Web address below: http://join.clubs.yahoo.com/config/sjg?.k=3323a205922xXAKP chrissmari also sent you a personal message: "hey guys this band has opened for tmbg and they are really cool!@" You need to go to the address above to join, but you can first take a look by going to: http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/muckafurgason You can learn more about chrissmari by looking at the Yahoo! Public Profile: http://profiles.yahoo.com/chrissmari Note: This invitation will expire after 7 days, or after being used. A Yahoo! Club is a great way to bring friends, family or anyone you know together using the latest in Web technologies. Club members are able to take advantage of a club's private chat room, message boards and other features. You can also create your own free club focused on any interest, such as hobbies, families and industry associations. Clubs are either listed or unlisted. Listed clubs are available to the public while unlisted clubs are available exclusively to those who receive invitations. If you have no interest in joining this club, there is no need for you to do anything. You will not be enrolled as a member. Thanks, The Yahoo! Clubs team http://clubs.yahoo.com/ P.S. If you need some help on getting started, go to: http://help.yahoo.com/help/clubs/ ------------------------------ From: "Chrissy Rockwell" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Re: Minimum Wage, heyah! (11/24 setlist) Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2000 20:23:06 -0500 Message-ID: it was THE WORST SHOW i have ever been to... its a shame.. anyway muckafurgason rocked ass!! and i think they changed the set list around cuz it was a bad show.. they were like FUCK IT Chrissy ps. Jon its ok... everyone i set to do something with left.. :-/ hehehe >From: "Jon" >Reply-To: "Jon" >To: "The Demonic Kangaroo" , >Subject: TMBG: Re: Re: Minimum Wage, heyah! (11/24 setlist) >Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2000 17:40:10 -0800 > >Did anyone record this show? I would love to get a bootleg of it. > > >Jon >----- Original Message ----- >From: "The Demonic Kangaroo" >To: >Sent: Saturday, November 25, 2000 1:14 PM >Subject: TMBG: Re: Minimum Wage, heyah! (11/24 setlist) > > > > Oh yeah, totally forgot They played that. Thanks! > > > > -Mike > > > > Jon wrote in message > > news:001001c05734$93829b60$10450241@wall1.pa.home.com... > > > I think they just replaced Cowtown with Famous Polka, only they >played > > > Polka long before Cowtown was listed on the setlist. Or maybe they >played > > > Famous Polka as a treat, and then forgot to play Cowtown...I guess it > > > doesn't really matter since Cowtown isn't that great live anyway. > > > The concert last night was the best TMBG concert I've been to. >The > > band > > > seemed...happy. They actually talked. Of course most of the talking >was > > > prompted by the sound guys or by the jackass who jumped up on stage > > (anyone > > > know who that was?), but none the less, it made for an interesting and > > > exciting show. I had a lot of fun. > > > And to Chrissy, sorry we didnt wait around for you afterwards. We > > were > > > all tired and so we went home. Maybe next time. > > > Later. > > > > > _____________________________________________________________________________________ Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com ------------------------------ From: "John Ferrer" Subject: TMBG: TMBG Research Paper... Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 02:16:39 Message-ID: I was extremely happy to be told by my teacher that the big important grade-deciding research paper we have to do is free topic, something I've never been lucky enough to do yet. I didn't let my freedom have a chance to run very wild though, because I immediately knew I wanted to do something related to TMBG, seeing as how on the two thousand papers that weren't free-topic, I somehow managed to work Them in. But I'd really like to do something interesting with it, instead of just doing the obvious history of the Johns. It needs to be six pages long and there needs to be enough source related source material to have an impressive bibliography, but those are the only restraints. What aspect of the Giants would lend well to this kind of project? _____________________________________________________________________________________ Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com ------------------------------ From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Minimum Wage, heyah! (11/24 setlist) Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 03:11:47 -0000 Message-ID: TDK: >During Women & Men there was a wicked loud feedback sound that lasted for >only a second but it was the loudest thing I have ever heard and it >suprised >the hell out of the audience and the band. The band managed to keep playing >though, and finished the song. The second time it happened, during It's Not >My Birthday John L. had to stop and after John F. finished yelling at the >sound man they started the song over and They finished the show without >incident. No, there was no whipcrack in Minimum Wage. We can only hope they >get their shit together for the Flood show! Get what shit together? The feeback wasn't their fault, as far as I could tell, and I don't see why it matters a lick whether or not there's a whipcrack in "Minimum Wage" (not that it wouldn't be cool to have an actual whip cracked on stage; I seem to recall reading that someone used to do this during live performances of "Lucky Ball And Chain"). This was probably my favorite of the three TMBG shows I've seen. Perhaps I'll post some more about it later. -- Eat your broccoli, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _____________________________________________________________________________________ Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com ------------------------------ From: Pahteeh@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2000 22:49:08 EST Subject: TMBG: Re: Re: Looking for Songs... Thanks! I didn't think anybody would actually reply! I'll check it out! > > > From: Pahteeh@aol.com > ...the songs were: > "The Drinking Man's Diet" and some thing like "The Large Dark Aardvark Song" These songs were recorded by the legendary Allan Sherman of "Hello Muddah" fame. You could probably find a Greatest Hits CD on Amazon.com or CDNow.com. You might be able to find something besides "Muddah" on Napster, but I doubt it. "Large Dark Aardvark" is sort of a theme song for a group of my students (I teach high school drama), so that's why I know it. And "Drinking Man's Diet" is similar to the John's "Drink" -- good observation. Hope you find these -- they're wonderful. PZ [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (multipart/alternative)] ------------------------------ From: BethJE@aol.com Message-ID: <47.3fb2982.2751ffe8@aol.com> Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 00:55:52 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG on Y100? > Supposedley TMBG were on the Y100 morning show here in Philly on Friday > to help promote their show. I wasn't sure whether or not this was true. I > mean, come one, TMBG on Y100?! Especially on the morning show; they wouldn't > be caught dead playing any of their songs! > If anyone can confirm or deny this, Id appreciate it. Actually, a few hours ago, my friend told me that it was true and that she heard Them. All she said was that They were funny and they played Birdhouse and James K. Polk. > And if it is true, > and anyone caught it, did you happen to tape it? I didn't catch it, and I wish I had a tape of it. My friend told me that she didn't call me and tell me about it, because she was in her car on the way to work, and she wasn't able to. Bleh. Beth ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #35-25 ******************************