Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #36-1 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 36, Number 1 Friday, 1 December 2000 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Some comments on the Philadelphia show Re: TMBG: Spy! Spy! Spy! Spy! Spy! Spy! Spy! Spy! Spy! TMBG: I miss Stump the Band Re: TMBG: I miss Stump the Band Re: TMBG: I miss Stump the Band Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: MikeTheGiant@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 10:12:45 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Some comments on the Philadelphia show I happen to love the improv stuff at the end of Spy. The three times I've seen them, it was fantastic. Linnell will get up front and point to different members, and tell them to play stuff like, "Eye of the Tiger", or the first song that you ever learned, or "Freebird". It's kinda cool to see everyone playing something different. Mike Stabile "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin ------------------------------ From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Spy! Spy! Spy! Spy! Spy! Spy! Spy! Spy! Spy! Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 17:19:49 -0000 Message-ID: Mike Stabile: >I happen to love the improv stuff at the end of Spy. The three times I've >seen them, it was fantastic. Linnell will get up front and point to >different members, and tell them to play stuff like, "Eye of the Tiger", or >the first song that you ever learned, or "Freebird". It's kinda cool to >see >everyone playing something different. I think it might be cool to hear something like that, but, the times I've seen the improv, it tended to just be random notes. I mean, there were occasional actual tunes, but there was too much...well, nothing in between. -- Eat your broccoli, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _____________________________________________________________________________________ Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com ------------------------------ From: "Carl Hoffmann" Subject: TMBG: I miss Stump the Band Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 15:08:46 -0800 Message-ID: Speaking of improv... I really miss the Stump the Band part of their shows they used to do back in the early 90's. --Carl Hoffmann -----Original Message----- From: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org [mailto:owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org]On Behalf Of Nathan Mulac DeHoff Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2000 9:20 AM To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Spy! Spy! Spy! Spy! Spy! Spy! Spy! Spy! Spy! Mike Stabile: >I happen to love the improv stuff at the end of Spy. The three times I've >seen them, it was fantastic. Linnell will get up front and point to >different members, and tell them to play stuff like, "Eye of the Tiger", or >the first song that you ever learned, or "Freebird". It's kinda cool to >see >everyone playing something different. I think it might be cool to hear something like that, but, the times I've seen the improv, it tended to just be random notes. I mean, there were occasional actual tunes, but there was too much...well, nothing in between. -- Eat your broccoli, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ ____________________________________________________________________________ _________ Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com ------------------------------ From: MsTanbul@aol.com Message-ID: <95.3ada31b.27587a38@aol.com> Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 22:51:20 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: I miss Stump the Band In a message dated 11/30/00 6:08:08 PM, carl@corp.talkcity.com writes: << Speaking of improv... I really miss the Stump the Band part of their shows they used to do back in the early 90's. --Carl Hoffmann >> No doubt about it, that was one of my favorite things. My favorite one I saw was them doing People Are Strange. I also miss the They Might Be Giant car crashes. MS ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 22:41:20 -0600 From: "Polaris" Message-ID: <907a3h$td5$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: I miss Stump the Band wrote in message news:95.3ada31b.27587a38@aol.com... > > In a message dated 11/30/00 6:08:08 PM, carl@corp.talkcity.com writes: > > << Speaking of improv... I really miss the Stump the Band part of their shows > > they used to do back in the early 90's. > > > --Carl Hoffmann >> > > No doubt about it, that was one of my favorite things. My favorite one I saw > was them doing People Are Strange. > > I also miss the They Might Be Giant car crashes. > > MS The what?? IIRC, car crashes were carried out by the Crash Test Dummies. Polaris "I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante Hicks ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #36-1 *****************************