Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #36-11 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 36, Number 11 Wednesday, 13 December 2000 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: non-fans Re: TMBG: TMBG Unlimited / Emusic Re: TMBG: the johns as friends Re: TMBG: Does "Unlimited" refer to what you allowed to do with them? Re: TMBG: Does "Unlimited" refer to what you allowed to do with them? Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: "Kevin P McGuire" Message-ID: <102ba0100cb6.100cb6102ba0@cmich.edu> Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 22:06:25 +0900 Subject: Re: TMBG: non-fans I do it all the time, too. Mostly with used CD's, though. School of Fish was the most recent, just for the name. I didn't really like it, but it was 3 dollars. I, too, wouldn't be a "fan" of Them if I hadn't just bought one of the CD's. Factory Showroom, actually. Bad one to start with (small note: this does not mean I think Factory Showroom is bad, I just prefer all the other albums to it.) I bought all the other albums within 2 weeks. That's my story. -Kevin <.<....<<<.>..<.>>.<<<<<.>.<..something about a spoon>>>.<....<<<.>> ----- Original Message ----- From: John David Crafton Date: Tuesday, December 12, 2000 12:22 pm Subject: Re: TMBG: non-fans > James & Kimberly Mohan wrote: > > fans.... I mean, how many people just just buy a CD without > listening to it? (...ok...I > > > I do it all the time... in fact that was how I got into TMBG. > > -JohnDavidCrafton > ------------------------------ Date: 12 Dec 2000 07:04:31 -0800 Message-ID: <-1235517827ggr@wlg.com> From: Bongo Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG Unlimited / Emusic Vazco@aol.com wrote: >I dig TMBG Unlimited..thats is a lot of music you can get for $10 a >month..ive already discoreverd a couple of very cool bands, I dig it too. I haven't browsed through there stuff much yet but I found some Ennio Morricone CDs that I was planning to buy anyway. So for me, it might pay for itself. I'd rather have the actual discs and avoid the time and hassle of downloading the tracks (one at a time for us Mac users), naming the file, burning it to CD and writing the tracklist somewhere. Despite that, its a good deal. If you already have all the previous TMBG CDs (which most fans do) and you have no intention of downloading other emusic artists, then I think its over priced. Maybe they should offer a TMBG *Limited* version for $4 a month that lets you download only the new TMBG. >I have an unpleasant prediction..the TMBG Unlimited fleeces will actually be >EMusic Unlimited Fleeces instead and we will all get really upset and get >nowhere in trying for a replacement. I hope I'm wrong. First one to get theirs >please prove me wrong! They would have a lot of nerve to send you one with an emusic logo on it. They show images of the fleece with the TMBG Unlimited logo. Of course that doesn't necessarily mean they exist. Another thing: Their pitch for the fleece says "just in time for winter!" but they aren't going to ship it until January at the earliest (when you agree to continue the service). There's an option to have it sent out now by agreeing to forego the trial period and start paying immediately. Apparently, that means being charged for December. So it seems to me that you'd be paying an extra $10 to have it now. I anticipate my fleece arriving in April along with emusic's TMBG Xmas songs. -B O N G O ------------------------------ From: "Christina Rockwell" Subject: Re: TMBG: the johns as friends Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 20:02:27 -0500 Message-ID: I hear that Linnell is afraid of his son. > for sure, though; we only know that Flans likes to ham it up at shows, and > that Linnell is afraid of his fans. ------------------------------ From: "Christina Rockwell" Subject: Re: TMBG: Does "Unlimited" refer to what you allowed to do with them? Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 20:56:04 -0500 Message-ID: Decent is a kind of judgemental term, don't you think? Not that anyone on this list has ever had a problem being judgemental >I also don't understand > why anyone would intentionally share something they paid for. A decent > person wouldn't put an Unlimited track on Napster, and an indecent person > wouldn't pay for something only to give it away to others for free. My guess > is that this is more a case of stupid people who can't comprehend putting > MP3's they don't want to share in a separate folder. I think it would be > smart of EMusic to issue a statement telling people to do so. Of course, > it's also the free trial month for everybody, so maybe the problem will be > solved when the new edition goes up. > ____________________________________________________________________________ _________ > Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com > > ------------------------------ From: Vazco@aol.com Message-ID: <6.f42c971.27684fd8@aol.com> Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 23:06:48 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Does "Unlimited" refer to what you allowed to do with them? In a message dated 12/12/00 9:01:14 PM Eastern Standard Time, rockwellchr@hotmail.com writes: > A decent > > person wouldn't put an Unlimited track on Napster, and an indecent person > > wouldn't pay for something only to give it away to others for free. My > guess > > is that this is more a case of stupid people who can't comprehend putting > > My..I guess im indecent AND stupid...and all this time I thought I was just a bit technically challenged!! I for one have put my emusic mp3 in a non-shared folder, but bastard Napster always seems to find them. I swear, either I am a complete idiot (not everyone at once, please) or Napster blows off my preference commands. The nerve! Mario... [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #36-11 ******************************