Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #36-17 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 36, Number 17 Tuesday, 19 December 2000 Today's Topics: TMBG: santa claus song TMBG: NON TMBG - Nostradamus TMBG: Re: Re: flans TMBG: College admissions and TMBG Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <26500200012118155711578@pulp-fiction.com> From: "le petit cochon" Subject: TMBG: santa claus song Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 09:57:11 -0600 i heard this was an "exclusive" to www.cd101.com. i really like it. can anyone tell me where i can find it on cd ? i don't have a portable mp3 player, so i would like to get it on cd, or something. it's been going through my head for DAYS now. - enaj _____________________________________________ Free email with personality! Over 200 domains! http://www.MyOwnEmail.com ------------------------------ From: MsTanbul@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 12:13:14 EST Subject: TMBG: NON TMBG - Nostradamus I thought some of you would love this as I did. :-D > >In 1555, Nostradamus wrote: > >Come the millennium , month 12 >In the home of greatest power, >The village idiot will come forth >To be acclaimed the leader. > > For real... ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 14:16:00 -0500 From: "Bryce" Message-ID: <91lnr9$elg$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: Re: flans Hey Chrissy, I'm the last person to criticize someone for making the internet their plaything, especially for the sake of humor. However, I do think the specific subject of this hoax was not in the best of taste. Besides, just mimicking some Eminem hoax is unworthy of the creative person you seem to be. I can understand why Linnell is afraid of us fans; reading morbid fiction like this (or especially Rob Plass' inane "who shall live and who shall die" page which is a much worse example) about myself and my friends, or even just knowing it's out there, would make me a little fearful too. With great power comes great responsibility, as Spider-Man tells us. Use your power for good, not evil. Bryce He is our hero. ------------------------------ From: "Christina Rockwell" Subject: TMBG: College admissions and TMBG Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 23:05:07 -0500 Message-ID: my friend limepi@aol.com said that I could post this here.. he wrote it to the EFnet #tmbg list > I took the PSATs a while ago, and > I just got my scores back. I bubbled my interests in as "english and > science." I got pretty good scores, too. Anyway, three colleges sent me > letters- a Women's college (heh), somewhere in Alaska, and Antioch College. > Antioch college specializes in work-study programs. It listed famous people > who went there. Some lady, Rod Serling... and JOHN FLANSBURGH, 83'. Yes, they > put Flansy in their letter to me. I'm only a sophomore, but I have to go > there now because Flans did. > > woo woo ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #36-17 ******************************