Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #36-18 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 36, Number 18 Wednesday, 20 December 2000 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Bangs and Your Mom's Alright TMBG: More Slashdot and TMBG Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #36-12/May-December thing Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #36-12/May-December thing Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: 19 Dec 2000 07:06:35 -0800 Message-ID: <-1234912903ggr@wlg.com> From: Bongo Subject: Re: TMBG: Bangs and Your Mom's Alright Gegatron@aol.com wrote: (RE:Bangs) >Am I crazy or is that Flansburgh saying "Punk Rock" >and Linnell saying "Bongos"? Obviously a reference to me. How nice. -B O N G O ------------------------------ Message-Id: <4.3.2.7.0.20001219112348.00b30538@pop.cwru.edu> Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 11:26:01 -0500 From: Dylan Flipse Subject: TMBG: More Slashdot and TMBG First off, I've seen the Emusic/TMBG banner ad on Slashdot several times now. Second, they posted a story http://www.techreview.com/articles/jan01/montfort.html called Ten Technologies That Shouldn't Have Died. Turns out that Edison's Wax Cylinder is one of these techs, and guess who gets mentioned. Dylan "I Think They Mention Mike Leffel In Their Sigs" Flipse Dylan Flipse - dylan@flipse.com http://www.flipse.com - Everything Flipse ------------------------------ From: BethJE@aol.com Message-ID: <58.4c50302.277151e4@aol.com> Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 19:05:56 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #36-12/May-December thing > Do you happen to remember the name of the guy on the honky tonk piano? Okay, I just dug up the album. It came in a four record box set called Gas Light Melodies. The guy is probably superfamous, and I'll sound foolish for not knowing who he is, hehe. His name is Charlie O'Reilly. The back of the box says this: "Come on back with us to the GAY 90's, the fun days, the wild days, featuring Charlie O'Reilly at the honky tonk piano, accompanied by The O'Reilly Firemen." Hehe, that amuses me. I'd make the song into an mp3, if I were able, but I'm not. Alas! Beth > < > One of them was a boxed set of a collection of even older songs, and one of > those songs was "Will You Love Me in December as You Do in May," as > performed > by some guy I've never heard of on a honky tonk piano. It was weird, and not > nearly as good as Linnell's version. ------------------------------ From: BethJE@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 22:53:46 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #36-12/May-December thing scratch: > He's not on Napster so he can't be very famous. So you don't sound > foolish. Why are you unable to make MP3s? I can get you an mp3 encoder > if that's what you need, assuming you're on Windows. If you're on a mac > or something else, I'm not sure but you can probably find one at > http://www.mp3.com. Well, the problem is that I can't get the song off the record and into my computer, because my stereo is total crap (nor can I put my existing mp3s on a tape). If I get a decent little tape recorder, I can put the song on a tape and do it that way, I suppose, although the quality would be lousy, but I can't do anything until then. Bah. Beth > BethJE@aol.com wrote: > > > > > Do you happen to remember the name of the guy on the honky tonk piano? > > > > Okay, I just dug up the album. It came in a four record box set called Gas > > Light Melodies. The guy is probably superfamous, and I'll sound foolish > for > > not knowing who he is, hehe. His name is Charlie O'Reilly. The back of the > > box says this: "Come on back with us to the GAY 90's, the fun days, the > wild > > days, featuring Charlie O'Reilly at the honky tonk piano, accompanied by > The > > O'Reilly Firemen." > > > > Hehe, that amuses me. I'd make the song into an mp3, if I were able, but I' > m > > not. Alas! > > > > Beth > > > > > < > records. > > > > > > One of them was a boxed set of a collection of even older songs, and > one of > > > those songs was "Will You Love Me in December as You Do in May," as > > > performed > > > by some guy I've never heard of on a honky tonk piano. It was weird, > and > > not > > > nearly as good as Linnell's version. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #36-18 ******************************