Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #36-23 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 36, Number 23 Friday, 29 December 2000 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Re: Did TMBG perform this song? TMBG: Recent Setlists? Re[2]: TMBG: Re: Did TMBG perform this song? Re: Re[2]: TMBG: Re: Did TMBG perform this song? TMBG: TMBG Article on Ink19 Magazine... TMBG: TMBG Article on Ink19 Magazine... Re: TMBG: TMBG Article on Ink19 Magazine... TMBG: Re: Recent Setlists? Re: TMBG: the johns as friends Re: TMBG: Re: Recent Setlists? NON-TMBG: Shameless Plug Re: NON-TMBG: Shameless Plug Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: 28 Dec 2000 06:20:27 -0800 Message-ID: <-1234138071ggr@wlg.com> From: Bongo Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Did TMBG perform this song? Hmmm... Coca-Cola owns Sprite ... and They did a Coke commercial but those lyrics seem to lack any TMBG-style cleverness. And I don't understand why Sprite would advertise with "everybody's a little squirt, so squirt your thirst" when "Squirt" is a different soda. (A nasty tasting one at that.) -B O N G O Villarreal, Jamin wrote: > I have a burning question that me and my brother would like to get an >answer > to... Did TMBG write and perform a Sprite commercial? "Everybody's a >little > child, everybody's a little wild, everybody's a little squirt, so squirt > your thirst" > > I need confirmation on this so that I can have closure. > > Jamin ------------------------------ Date: 28 Dec 2000 06:40:55 -0800 Message-ID: <-1234136843ggr@wlg.com> From: Bongo Subject: TMBG: Recent Setlists? I was thinking of making a TMBG compilation CD of songs that show up in their current setlists. The reason is that I might drag some non and semi-TMBG fans to the L.A. show next month. (People seem to enjoy a live performance more if they have actually heard some of the songs.) My hunch is that They will do Boss of Me since its hot right now and they've haven't done it in L.A. yet. Also, I'm sure they play 1 of their "hits" (Birdhouse, Particle Man or DLS). Beyond that, I can't be sure. Are they still doing Cyclops Rock? Do they do any other of the Unltd songs as a promo for the service? Is that TMBG Concert-ography site still around and updated? Thanks, B O N G O ------------------------------ From: karinh@sterl.com Message-Id: <0012289780.AA978014898@smtplink.sterl.com> Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 09:47:35 -0500 Subject: Re[2]: TMBG: Re: Did TMBG perform this song? Bongo sez: >Hmmm... Coca-Cola owns Sprite ... and They did a Coke commercial < All right, I admit it... I'm not quite as steeped in TMBG minutia (sp?) as I could possibly be. Maybe someday, when I have a space in my brain to call my very own... But - - What Coke commercial? Was it widely distributed, & when I hear it I'll go "Oh My God, that was Them??" ? Somebody, clue me in... Ignorant, but eager to learn - - - Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ------------------------------ Date: 28 Dec 2000 08:00:30 -0800 Message-ID: <-1234132068ggr@wlg.com> From: Bongo Subject: Re: Re[2]: TMBG: Re: Did TMBG perform this song? karinh@sterl.com wrote: >All right, I admit it... I'm not quite as steeped in TMBG minutia (sp?) as I >could possibly be. Maybe someday, when I have a space in my brain to call my >very own... But - - >What Coke commercial? Was it widely distributed, & when I hear it I'll go "Oh >My God, that was Them??" ? Somebody, clue me in... >Ignorant, but eager to learn - - - > Karin H >** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** I'm sure you won't say "Oh My God, that was Them??". Its a radio commercial and I doubt that many people have heard on the radio. Its officially named "Always Be Giant" and I'm pretty sure its on twistid.com. Don't worry, unlike most Coke commercials its kind of cool. Always B O N G O PS: You did spell "minutia" correctly ------------------------------ From: Pahteeh@aol.com Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 11:25:55 EST Subject: TMBG: TMBG Article on Ink19 Magazine... Message-ID: <6d.d608317.277cc393@aol.com> I don't know if anybody's posted this yet so I guess I will! I don't even know if anybody outside of Florida gets this magazine but anyways here's the address: www.ink19.com and click on They Might Be Giants. There's an interview with Flans in it and he talks about all Their upcoming stuff and the Florida gig where Linnell passed out... The online version is even better than the article they printed in the magazine- it has more pics (and of the entire band!) and some extra questions not in the printed interview. Floridians, unite! There may be a chance to see Them in the next couple of months!!! Read on!: <> I hope he's not just pulling our legs... That would be very mean... Okay well, just wanted to share! -patty ------------------------------ From: Pahteeh@aol.com Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 11:25:40 EST Subject: TMBG: TMBG Article on Ink19 Magazine... Message-ID: <9c.a409a99.277cc39c@aol.com> I don't know if anybody's posted this yet so I guess I will! I don't even know if anybody outside of Florida gets this magazine but anyways here's the address: www.ink19.com and click on They Might Be Giants. There's an interview with Flans in it and he talks about all Their upcoming stuff and the Florida gig where Linnell passed out... The online version is even better than the article they printed in the magazine- it has more pics (and of the entire band!) and some extra questions not in the printed interview. Floridians, unite! There may be a chance to see Them in the next couple of months!!! Read on!: <> I hope he's not just pulling our legs... That would be very mean... Okay well, just wanted to share! -patty ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20001228204440.702.qmail@web208.mail.yahoo.com> Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 12:44:40 -0800 (PST) From: Mysterio Gal Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG Article on Ink19 Magazine... *delurk* Hopefully for good (cause I got rid of my old 5+ year old 'puter) Woo Hoo! I went to that last TMBG show in Jannus Landings, and that was the best show I'd been to. If I'm not mistaken, my friend Millard does an occasional article/interview for Ink 19 WOO HOO WOO HOO ===== Mysterio Gal aka MinorDomo "Shelve the snappy patter" --Cyclops from the X-Men mr_realgal@yahoo.com Home Page: http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Yahoo! Photos - Share your holiday photos online! http://photos.yahoo.com/ ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 16:21:15 -0500 From: "The Demonic Kangaroo" Message-ID: <92gas2$57i$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: Recent Setlists? Take a look at http://www.tmbg.net/shows.html -Mike >Is that TMBG Concert-ography site still around and updated? > > Thanks, > B O N G O ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20001228222006.27599.qmail@web219.mail.yahoo.com> Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 14:20:06 -0800 (PST) From: Mysterio Gal Subject: Re: TMBG: the johns as friends In my mind, the Johns get along just fine. Here's a nice little scenario: I have been friends with Danielle (aka Men Smell) for 5 or 6 years now. We often compare ourselves(sp?) to John & John. She's alot like John, and I'm more like the other John. She has a big crush on Flansburgh, I love Linnell. We also have a great chemistry, especially when we draw together. She has a Sunday comics style, while I fall towards portraits and Graphic novels. We've tried collaberating, and what turns out is absolutely incredible. If one of us gets Artist's block, the other chimes in with a bit of inspiration. I'm the brooder, she's the action. I'm extrovert, she's introvert. I'm butch, she's femme. What can I say but "opposite's attract". I have a great feeling that we'll remain boozin' buddies for a good length into the future. It's because of this experience that forms the basis of my most humble opinion. Besides, If they've been working together for 15 years, going through so many other band members, I think that says alot. One more thing, I've just gotten a Scanner, and have a rather large collection of her TMBG drawings (some in drag) If anyone's interested in seeing these, I'll go ahead and scan em' ===== Mysterio Gal aka MinorDomo "Shelve the snappy patter" --Cyclops from the X-Men mr_realgal@yahoo.com Home Page: http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Yahoo! Photos - Share your holiday photos online! http://photos.yahoo.com/ ------------------------------ From: "Chrissy Rockwell" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: Recent Setlists? Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 21:01:47 -0500 Message-ID: And contribute because Jish is cool, so is tmbg.net :D >From: "The Demonic Kangaroo" >Reply-To: "The Demonic Kangaroo" >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: TMBG: Re: Recent Setlists? >Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 16:21:15 -0500 > >Take a look at http://www.tmbg.net/shows.html > > -Mike > > >Is that TMBG Concert-ography site still around and updated? > > > > Thanks, > > B O N G O > > > _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com ------------------------------ From: "Erich Cannon" Subject: NON-TMBG: Shameless Plug Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 19:28:03 -0800 Message-ID: Hey all I hope you dont mind me doing this just thought maybe some of you would like to watch a movie I made thats now playing at www.ifilm.com its called 'Tacoma' it's a comedy about the maiden voyage of a ferry boat named Tacoma. I'm in I play 'Cow' I wrote it with a fellow tmbg fan Nathan Lee, our band has a song in the end credits. If you can make it through the whole thing maybe you could rate and review it so maybe it can get in the top movies viewed. That would be sweet. Enjoy. Erich ------------------------------ From: "Erich Cannon" Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Shameless Plug Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 19:33:38 -0800 Message-ID: This is the page where you can find it: http://www.ifilm.com/ifilm/skeletons/film_detail/0,1263,435354,00.html Erich ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #36-23 ******************************