Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #36-24 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 36, Number 24 Saturday, 30 December 2000 Today's Topics: TMBG: Coke commercial TMBG: The future: Bright or Gloomy? Happy or Sad? TMBG: Re: The future: Bright or Gloomy? Happy or Sad? Re: TMBG: The future: Bright or Gloomy? Happy or Sad? Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: GhostKrabb@webtv.net (Dexter Flansburgh) Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 21:35:34 -0800 (PST) Subject: TMBG: Coke commercial Message-ID: <10633-3A4D7426-4518@storefull-243.iap.bryant.webtv.net> I'm pretty sure that the Coke commercial was done by just Flansburgh. But Linnell may have been involved, too... I'm not sure. There's a .wav version of it available at monopuff.org in the FAQ section. Dexter Flansburgh (known to some as Alex) Do you trade tapes? http://www.hello.to/Bootlegs They Might Be Giants / Jim's Big Ego / 12Rods ------------------------------ From: "Erich Cannon" Subject: TMBG: The future: Bright or Gloomy? Happy or Sad? Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 21:53:17 -0800 Message-ID: So I am curious on some things that we as die hard and always stuck by fans need to prepare for with the release of Boss of Me. What if its a huge smash? What if we see the video popping up on Mtv's TRL? How will we feel about it when we go to school and everyone knows this song. "I hate it" "I love it" "The band sucks but the song is cool" "I wish they'd stop playing the friggin Boss of me song." Here in lye the facts: Malcolm in the Middle is a hit tv show. its in the top 20 in the nielson virtually every week. Millions of people hear the theme song every sunday. In my opinion the new version rocks hard. Its snappy, its catchy, its a hit record. Already my brother has heard it playing on a top 40 radio station. The kind that likes to play the "Hot" songs along with B. Spears, Backstreet, Agulara. Need I say more? What I am wondering is how are we supposed to feel? Cause I really cant decide. I mean this song could go the way of any other tmbg song :Mostly un noticed. But this time its pretty commerical. Its on a mega hit tv show. Erich ------------------------------ Message-ID: <001001c07224$de9d1700$10450241@wall1.pa.home.com> From: "Jon" Subject: TMBG: Re: The future: Bright or Gloomy? Happy or Sad? Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 00:53:43 -0500 When is the video for Boss of Me set to premiere on Malcom in the Middle? ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3A4DA344.999B5C3E@stompbox.dhs.org> Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 00:56:36 -0800 From: Matthew Krolak Subject: Re: TMBG: The future: Bright or Gloomy? Happy or Sad? Do you like the song? Then don't worry about it ;) I remind you all of two things, first, that one of the big reasons that "Flood" was so big was partly due to the backing of MTV. I think it would also be wise to note that the reason that most people don't like Brittney Spears and all them is that, well - they suck (at least that's what I get from my person experiences). There's nothing wrong with liking a good song even if it's popular. (And if I've got this pop-culture pegged the way I think I do, they'll be over TMBG in a couple of months anyway, so don't loose too much sleep if the song becomes really popular.) Erich Cannon wrote: > > So I am curious on some things that we as die hard and always stuck by fans > need to prepare for with the release of Boss of Me. What if its a huge > smash? What if we see the video popping up on Mtv's TRL? How will we feel > about it when we go to school and everyone knows this song. "I hate it" "I > love it" "The band sucks but the song is cool" "I wish they'd stop playing > the friggin Boss of me song." > > Here in lye the facts: > > Malcolm in the Middle is a hit tv show. its in the top 20 in the nielson > virtually every week. Millions of people hear the theme song every sunday. > > In my opinion the new version rocks hard. Its snappy, its catchy, its a hit > record. > > Already my brother has heard it playing on a top 40 radio station. The kind > that likes to play the "Hot" songs along with B. Spears, Backstreet, > Agulara. Need I say more? > > What I am wondering is how are we supposed to feel? Cause I really cant > decide. I mean this song could go the way of any other tmbg song :Mostly un > noticed. But this time its pretty commerical. Its on a mega hit tv show. > > Erich -- I Bet You're Flying Inside -------------------------- Matthew Krolak Geek Code block: http://stompbox.dhs.org/~notplaid/gcb.txt http://stompbox.dhs.org Glistening white triangular tooth, open up a can of Tomato Juice - I've got a fang. TMBG ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #36-24 ******************************