Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #36-3 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 36, Number 3 Tuesday, 5 December 2000 Today's Topics: TMBG: Re: I just got fleeced by emusic Re: TMBG: Re: I just got fleeced by emusic Re: TMBG: Re: I just got fleeced by emusic Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 12:29:40 -0500 From: "Bryce" Message-ID: <90gkbn$1af0$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: I just got fleeced by emusic Bongo growled: > 2) As for the downloads, this months "album", > called something like "TMBG Unltd 1", contains > five tracks. One of them, "Cyclops Rock", most > of already have as an MP3 made from "What > We Did Last Summer" (but that's not the fault > of TMBG or emusic). Who said it would be an album? I thought They made it clear that it would only be a half-dozen or so songs a month. And please don't complain that you already have Cyclops Rock; I know you know better. Novelty is a cake that you can't "have and eat too," and its sacrifice is the price of your devotion. The song was brand-spankin' new to you once, and now it's the unwashed masses' turn. You could unwash yourself, but I think you prefer your uber-fandom. > 5) If you are a Mac user, I'm sure you are as > annoyed as I am by the fact that you can only > download one song at a time instead of a > whole album. What a drag! Yeah, I wonder why that is, anyway. I'm sure there's a way they could give Mac users a single-click album download, if they tried. Hmm, I smell a side project. Bryclops .) I just stare. ------------------------------ From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: I just got fleeced by emusic Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2000 02:17:44 -0000 Message-ID: I didn't get Bongo's original message. Strange. Bryce: >Bongo growled: > > 2) As for the downloads, this months "album", > > called something like "TMBG Unltd 1", contains > > five tracks. One of them, "Cyclops Rock", most > > of already have as an MP3 made from "What > > We Did Last Summer" (but that's not the fault > > of TMBG or emusic). > >Who said it would be an album? I thought They made it clear that it would >only be a half-dozen or so songs a month. They did, but it still costs over $2 more than Long Tall Weekend to get those few songs. You can't say they didn't warn you, but I also don't think you can say it's reasonably priced. >And please don't complain that you already have Cyclops Rock; I know you >know better. Novelty is a cake that you can't "have and >eat too," and its sacrifice is the price of your devotion. The song was >brand-spankin' new to you once, and now it's the unwashed >masses' turn. You could unwash yourself, but I think you prefer your >uber-fandom. Do you think anyone who ISN'T an uber-fan would sign up for TMBG Unlimited? Nonetheless, I'd love to have a reasonable way to actually pay the Johns for "Cyclops Rock," but I don't think this is the answer. > > 5) If you are a Mac user, I'm sure you are as > > annoyed as I am by the fact that you can only > > download one song at a time instead of a > > whole album. What a drag! We're all waiting 'round for something, and it's never coming back. >Yeah, I wonder why that is, anyway. I'm sure there's a way they could give >Mac users a single-click album download, if they tried. Maybe they hate Mac users. Wait, isn't Linnell a Mac user? >Hmm, I smell a side project. What does it smell like? -- Eat your broccoli, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _____________________________________________________________________________________ Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 22:11:03 -0500 From: "Bryce" Message-ID: <90hmdp$1pnf$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: I just got fleeced by emusic Nathan Mulac DeHoff : > > Bryce: > >And please don't complain that you already have Cyclops Rock; I know you > >know better. Novelty is a cake that you can't "have and > >eat too," and its sacrifice is the price of your devotion. The song was > >brand-spankin' new to you once, and now it's the unwashed > >masses' turn. You could unwash yourself, but I think you prefer your > >uber-fandom. > > Do you think anyone who ISN'T an uber-fan would sign up for TMBG Unlimited? > Nonetheless, I'd love to have a reasonable way to actually pay the Johns for > "Cyclops Rock," but I don't think this is the answer. I wasn't talking about TMBG Unlimited per se, I was trying to say that if you make the effort to hear a song before it's released then you shouldn't complain when it finally is released. I would have said the same thing if Bongo had been talking about getting "I'm the Substitute Now" (or whatever it's called) on the upcoming rock album, which (if it happened) would evoke the same reaction from even more people. Actually, Bongo only expressed mild disappointment. I sort of went overboard with my response; I'm sorry. > >Hmm, I smell a side project. > > What does it smell like? The fresh scent of pine. Bryce Glazed with coniferous green. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #36-3 *****************************