Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #36-8 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 36, Number 8 Sunday, 10 December 2000 Today's Topics: TMBG: the johns as friends Re: TMBG: the johns as friends Re: TMBG: the johns as friends TMBG: Friends? TMBG: Re: Friends? TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #36-7 TMBG: Re: Re: tmbg-list Digest #36-7 TMBG: Re: Re: tmbg-list Digest #36-7 Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #36-7 TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #36-7 TMBG: Re: flansburgh Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: Gegatron@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 02:24:20 EST Subject: TMBG: the johns as friends all this john and john comparing has led me to this question... Do you think they get along well outside of the shows? How good of friends are they? i could easily see them being sick to death of eachother. Flansburgh seems to sometimes have a big mouth. (at a show i think two days after colombine flans referred to himself as a member of the trench coat mafia) ... and linnell just seems to be affraid of people, and i can see him being grumpy a lot. Do you think they keep the band together just because it is their chief source of income? I kind of doubt everything i just said but i want to know what everyone else thinks. ------------------------------ From: "John Ferrer" Subject: Re: TMBG: the johns as friends Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2000 08:19:31 Message-ID: > >all this john and john comparing has led me to this question... Do you >think >they get along well outside of the shows? How good of friends are they? i >could easily see them being sick to death of eachother. Flansburgh seems >to >sometimes have a big mouth. (at a show i think two days after colombine >flans >referred to himself as a member of the trench coat mafia) ... and linnell >just seems to be affraid of people, and i can see him being grumpy a lot. >Do you think they keep the band together just because it is their chief >source of income? I kind of doubt everything i just said but i want to >know >what everyone else thinks. Right, because they're making so much money as TMBG? Couldn't give that up. Nah, I think the Johns have a sort of friendship that isn't even humanly concievable. I always sense an inordinate amount of respect for the other from either one. I think they know that the other is always going to be the only one who fully understands what they want to do, and I think just like the T-shirt says, they'll be together as TMBG until they're extremely old. _____________________________________________________________________________________ Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: <7f.d3a5180.27634905@aol.com> Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 03:36:21 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: the johns as friends I also read a quote from Linnell once describing them as "each other's biggest fans." :) Kay [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] I agree that both must be friends outside of the band, but I have a question. Has it ever been said if they played each others "Best Man" at their weddings? Mike Stabile "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Sat Dec 9 08:54:13 2000 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id IAA27202 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Sat, 9 Dec 2000 08:54:13 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from hotmail.com (law2-oe74.hotmail.com [216.32.180.167]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id IAA27192 for ; Sat, 9 Dec 2000 08:54:12 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from rockwellchr@hotmail.com) Received: from mail pickup service by hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC; Sat, 9 Dec 2000 05:53:37 -0800 X-Originating-IP: [207.10.165.61] From: "Christina Rockwell" To: References: Subject: TMBG: Re: Friends? Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 08:53:08 -0500 MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Priority: 3 X-MSMail-Priority: Normal X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.50.4029.2901 X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.50.4029.2901 Message-ID: X-OriginalArrivalTime: 09 Dec 2000 13:53:37.0856 (UTC) FILETIME=[6E14A400:01C061E7] Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Christina Rockwell" Maybe the National Enquirer has a tape of their weddings on file. That rag is always all over those big celebrity weddings. Look at Douglas and Zeta-Jones!! The paparazzi must really jumped to get at Linnell's wedding, bigger than Paul McCarthy's I bet ----- Original Message ----- From: To: Sent: Saturday, December 09, 2000 4:20 AM Subject: TMBG: Friends? > I agree that both must be friends outside of the band, but I have a question. > Has it ever been said if they played each others "Best Man" at their > weddings? > > Mike Stabile > > "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, > someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there > on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin > From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Sat Dec 9 09:56:50 2000 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id JAA28150 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Sat, 9 Dec 2000 09:56:50 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from hotmail.com (f279.law9.hotmail.com [64.4.8.154]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id JAA28141 for ; Sat, 9 Dec 2000 09:56:49 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from vajra76@hotmail.com) Received: from mail pickup service by hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC; Sat, 9 Dec 2000 06:56:18 -0800 Received: from 12.88.163.153 by lw9fd.law9.hotmail.msn.com with HTTP; Sat, 09 Dec 2000 14:56:18 GMT X-Originating-IP: [12.88.163.153] From: "Jody Beth Rosen" To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #36-7 Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2000 06:56:18 -0800 Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed Message-ID: X-OriginalArrivalTime: 09 Dec 2000 14:56:18.0375 (UTC) FILETIME=[2F864D70:01C061F0] Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Jody Beth Rosen" I'll try to respond to all this at once: > > >Well, not everyone goes to every show. I don't! >Have you ever SANG You'll Miss Me? When I did that, it made me >appreciate the song about one-thousand-two-hundred-four-fold. > >"In it's PRIME and never shoddy >While morticians wait, down in the lobby >You'll EULOGIZE my big ol' body!" I have sang (sung?) it; it's a fun song. By no means my favorite of theirs, but I can appreciate it for what it is. I didn't say I hated it! >Sure, Linnell appeals to the intellectual, geeky side of me, but >Flansburgh appeals to the geek-compatable side of me. I love Flans as a performer, and he seems like a really nice guy to boot. I probably identify a bit more with Linnell, the introverted geek, but I love Flans's "dorky class clown with a heart of gold" image. He's very funny onstage. >I think Flansburgh has a lot more fun with his life than Linnell has >ever had. And, this comes out in his songs. I like Linnell's >introverted geekiness, and Flansburgh's outward display of how much fun >it is to sing about the things in your brain. I think Flansburgh does >this because he likes it, and Linnell does it because he has to, or >else all those ideas will just collide like way too much vinegar and >baking soda, and explode. He does it because he has to. I'm sure (okay...I'm not sure, but I have no reason to doubt) Linnell is having a lot of fun with his life. There have been times when I've seen him grimacing during "Birdhouse" and I've just wanted to shake him and say "Nobody's forcing you to do this!!!! You're a rich man! Do whatever the hell you want; your fans will love it either way!" But he probably has more respect for his fans than we realize, otherwise he might have given up the rock-star lifestyle years ago and gotten a job playing out-of-print polka records on WFMU. >In short, I like their dynamic. Two great tastes, that taste great >together! You must be like those guys who eat Reese's by peeling away >all the chocolate just to get to the peanut butter, and then throwing >away the chocolate. (Not that I think anyone does this, but "there's no >wrong way....") You're missing out on something wonderful. Their dynamic is part of what makes them so cool -- remember, I wasn't criticizing anything about Flans other than his lyrics (which I never said were bad, just inferior -- sometimes). "Hot Cha" is totally underrated, though. Does he have sole credit on that? > >Can you blame me? > >No, I suppose I can't, but that doesn't really say anything about >Flansburgh's songwriting ability, and isn't that what you were criticizing >in the first place? Well, I was kinda making a joke there...although the date and I were, to be honest, not overwhelmingly impressed by the Puff. Just my opinion, mind you. I had a better time seeing Linnell perform stuff from State Songs at the Bowery last year, but I also went to that show knowing I was in for something I wouldn't get to see again for a long time (uh, Linnell looking happy). >I don't know if the Johns stiffed us (well, the people who went to the >concert, which doesn't include me, so "us" isn't exactly appropriate, but >oh >well); I'm guessing that the Dial-A-Song show was an idea that They were >throwing around but decided against, and emusic reported it as fact. I >seem >to recall that the Dial-A-Song message discussing the upcoming shows just >said that, during the second week, They'd play "a lot of stuff, including >'Fingertips,'" or something like that. Yeah, I really enjoyed the show nevertheless. I had read about the Dial-a-Song show in a number of different places; I just never found out that they had nixed the idea. Ah well. >People complain that TMBG is seen by too many non-fans as a novelty band, >and then they complain when songs are LOSING their novelty. Can't you make >up your mind? Methinks you're comparing two different sets of people here. And by novelty, I meant "newness" or "instantaneous joy received from hearing something cute that isn't yet played out." Not novelty in the Tiny Tim sense. I still sang my ass off during "Fingertips." >I wish I had the access to so many Giants and Mono Puff shows that I could >actually consider walking out of one. Just goes to show you, one mans >garbage >is another mans treasure. Gosh! I'm sorry! I promise never to find anything Giants-related sub-par ever again! And I promise never to see any Giants-related show on a date with a swell guy. Deal? ;-) >As someone who was at the Dial a song show, Ill tell you that i didnt feel >"stiffed'" in any way. I thought it was an outstanding show and i think >they >were having a lot of fun. Well, that's what I said in my original post. I put the word "stiffed" in quotation marks for a reason. --Jody _____________________________________________________________________________________ Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Sat Dec 9 10:31:20 2000 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id KAA28735 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Sat, 9 Dec 2000 10:31:20 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from hotmail.com (law2-oe41.hotmail.com [216.32.180.38]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id KAA28726 for ; Sat, 9 Dec 2000 10:31:19 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from rockwellchr@hotmail.com) Received: from mail pickup service by hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC; Sat, 9 Dec 2000 07:30:43 -0800 X-Originating-IP: [207.10.165.61] From: "Christina Rockwell" To: "Jody Beth Rosen" , References: Subject: TMBG: Re: Re: tmbg-list Digest #36-7 Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 10:29:20 -0500 MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Priority: 3 X-MSMail-Priority: Normal X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.50.4029.2901 X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.50.4029.2901 Message-ID: X-OriginalArrivalTime: 09 Dec 2000 15:30:43.0095 (UTC) FILETIME=[FE319270:01C061F4] Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Christina Rockwell" You better watch out calling Linnell a rich man, that seems to be this lists pet peeve. Oftimes you will see posts (and there was one in the past day) saying "It's not exactly like they are rich". (Used by oversensitive uberfans so that we don't d/l any TMBG things off of evil napster) I can say that they aren't exactly starving artists anymore being martyrs for their art. I mean we know they aren't driving around in limos BUT I think it's safe to say that afford their own cars and aren't eating pork and beans every night. I think that I have posted enough for this week. I like Jody though. *back to lurking* > > I'm sure (okay...I'm not sure, but I have no reason to doubt) Linnell is > having a lot of fun with his life. There have been times when I've seen him > grimacing during "Birdhouse" and I've just wanted to shake him and say > "Nobody's forcing you to do this!!!! You're a rich man! Do whatever the hell > you want; your fans will love it either way!" But he probably has more > respect for his fans than we realize, otherwise he might have given up the > rock-star lifestyle years ago and gotten a job playing out-of-print polka > records on WFMU. > From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Sat Dec 9 11:02:52 2000 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id LAA29271 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Sat, 9 Dec 2000 11:02:52 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from hotmail.com (f178.law9.hotmail.com [64.4.9.178]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id LAA29262 for ; Sat, 9 Dec 2000 11:02:51 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from vajra76@hotmail.com) Received: from mail pickup service by hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC; Sat, 9 Dec 2000 08:02:20 -0800 Received: from 12.88.166.164 by lw9fd.law9.hotmail.msn.com with HTTP; Sat, 09 Dec 2000 16:02:19 GMT X-Originating-IP: [12.88.166.164] From: "Jody Beth Rosen" To: rockwellchr@hotmail.com, tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: Re: tmbg-list Digest #36-7 Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2000 08:02:19 -0800 Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed Message-ID: X-OriginalArrivalTime: 09 Dec 2000 16:02:20.0206 (UTC) FILETIME=[68F5BCE0:01C061F9] Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Jody Beth Rosen" >You better watch out calling Linnell a rich man, that seems to be this >lists >pet peeve. I mean, rich compared to guys in rock bands who *don't* write songs for hit TV shows. Why is it bad to have money? I'm not equating "rich" with "bad." I'm happy two guys as intelligent and cool as Flans and Linnell are getting a piece of the pie. I find it very subversive that rock geniuses like TMBG, Danny Elfman, Mothersbaugh/Casale, et al, are taking over the mainstream world. :) >I mean we know they aren't driving around in limos BUT I think it's >safe to say that afford their own cars and aren't eating pork and beans >every night. Yeah. I was actually surprised to hear Linnell say recently that he was riding the subway. But I guess I shouldn't be...all New Yorkers ride on that big steamy thing at some point, even stockbrokers with a shucksload more money than Linnell. --Jody _____________________________________________________________________________________ Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Sat Dec 9 12:04:48 2000 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id MAA30277 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Sat, 9 Dec 2000 12:04:48 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from imo-d05.mx.aol.com (imo-d05.mx.aol.com [205.188.157.37]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id MAA30268 for ; Sat, 9 Dec 2000 12:04:48 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from Vazco@aol.com) From: Vazco@aol.com Received: from Vazco@aol.com by imo-d05.mx.aol.com (mail_out_v28.34.) id i.c7.45029d4 (3968) for ; Sat, 9 Dec 2000 12:04:15 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 12:04:14 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #36-7 To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="part1_c7.45029d4.2763c00e_boundary" Content-Disposition: Inline X-Mailer: Unknown sub 171 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Vazco@aol.com --part1_c7.45029d4.2763c00e_boundary Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit In a message dated 12/9/00 9:58:55 AM Eastern Standard Time, vajra76@hotmail.com writes: > >I wish I had the access to so many Giants and Mono Puff shows that I could > >actually consider walking out of one. Just goes to show you, one mans > >garbage > >is another mans treasure. > > > Gosh! I'm sorry! I promise never to find anything Giants-related sub-par > ever again! And I promise never to see any Giants-related show on a date > with a swell guy. Deal? ;-) > > > Hey, you got me all wrong, i wasnt trying to be snide or anything..im just incredibly jealous that some people (ie new yorkers) have so many options to see the boys that they can actually walk out without felling like they are missing a huge opportunity. If you think that the band is sub par, so be it..im a huge Elvis Costello fan and Ive often trashed stuff he has done, so I understand..im just expressing a dissenting opinion. As for good looking dates at shows..always go with the date over the band...the band will stop after 2 hours, the date will hopefully go on and on and on... IDid I mention Im incredibly jealous!!! mario hey, can anyone post a url for careless santa..i cant find it anywhere. AND, come on TMBG ulnilited, its supposed to be a monthly thing and we still have the november issue up..they are promising Holiday goodies, but for when? Presidents day? --part1_c7.45029d4.2763c00e_boundary Content-Type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit In a message dated 12/9/00 9:58:55 AM Eastern Standard Time,
vajra76@hotmail.com writes:

>I wish I had the access to so many Giants and Mono Puff shows that I could
>actually consider walking out of one. Just goes to show you, one mans
>garbage
>is another mans treasure.

Gosh! I'm sorry! I promise never to find anything Giants-related sub-par
ever again! And I promise never to see any Giants-related show on a date
with a swell guy. Deal? ;-)

Hey, you got me all wrong, i wasnt trying to be snide or anything..im just
incredibly jealous that some people (ie new yorkers) have so many options to
see the boys that they can actually walk out without felling like they are
missing a huge opportunity.  
If you think that the band is sub par, so be it..im a huge Elvis Costello fan
and Ive often trashed stuff he has done, so I understand..im just expressing
a dissenting opinion.
As for good looking dates at shows..always go with the date over the
band...the band will stop after 2 hours, the date will hopefully go on and on
and on...

IDid I mention Im incredibly jealous!!!

mario

hey, can anyone post a url for careless santa..i cant find it anywhere. AND,
come on TMBG ulnilited, its supposed to be a monthly thing and we still have
the november issue up..they are promising Holiday goodies, but for when?
Presidents day?

--part1_c7.45029d4.2763c00e_boundary-- From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Sat Dec 9 12:54:18 2000 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id MAA31209 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Sat, 9 Dec 2000 12:54:18 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from imo-d08.mx.aol.com (imo-d08.mx.aol.com [205.188.157.40]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id MAA31200 for ; Sat, 9 Dec 2000 12:54:17 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from Kaylum@aol.com) From: Kaylum@aol.com Received: from Kaylum@aol.com by imo-d08.mx.aol.com (mail_out_v28.34.) id i.87.404d1c0 (6694) for ; Sat, 9 Dec 2000 12:53:46 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <87.404d1c0.2763cbaa@aol.com> Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 12:53:46 EST Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #36-7 To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="part1_87.404d1c0.2763cbaa_boundary" Content-Disposition: Inline X-Mailer: Unknown sub 171 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Kaylum@aol.com --part1_87.404d1c0.2763cbaa_boundary Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit > > You better watch out calling Linnell a rich man, that seems to be this > lists > > pet peeve. Oftimes you will see posts (and there was one in the past day) > > saying "It's not exactly like they are rich". (Used by oversensitive > > uberfans so that we don't d/l any TMBG things off of evil napster) I can > say > > that they aren't exactly starving artists anymore being martyrs for their > > art. I mean we know they aren't driving around in limos BUT I think it's > > safe to say that afford their own cars and aren't eating pork and beans > > every night. > > > > around after the show saying, only half-jokingly, "Buy our t-shirts, help > us get home." If they are comfortable now, it's only because they've > pushed so hard and had some good luck with successful projects (emusic, > MitM) this past year. In fact, I recall an interview from last year where > Linnell said it was a relief to have those projects and not to have to tour > as much, because all the traveling is so grueling. They are far from > being able to sit back and take it easy. > Kay --part1_87.404d1c0.2763cbaa_boundary Content-Type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
> You better watch out calling Linnell a rich man, that seems to be this
lists
> pet peeve.  Oftimes you will see posts (and there was one in the past day)
> saying "It's not exactly like they are rich". (Used by oversensitive
> uberfans so that we don't d/l any TMBG things off of evil napster) I can
say
> that they aren't exactly starving artists anymore being martyrs for their
> art.  I mean we know they aren't driving around in limos BUT I think it's
> safe to say that afford their own cars and aren't eating pork and beans
> every night.
>

I remember after a show in Atlanta a few years back, Flans was standing

around after the show saying, only half-jokingly, "Buy our t-shirts, help
us get home."  If they are comfortable now, it's only because they've
pushed so hard and had some good luck with successful projects (emusic,
MitM) this past year.  In fact, I recall an interview from last year where
Linnell said it was a relief to have those projects and not to have to tour
as much, because all the traveling is so grueling.   They are far from
being able to sit back and take it easy.

Kay
--part1_87.404d1c0.2763cbaa_boundary-- From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Sat Dec 9 19:01:01 2000 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id TAA38967 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Sat, 9 Dec 2000 19:01:01 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from hotmail.com (f45.law7.hotmail.com [216.33.237.45]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id TAA38958 for ; Sat, 9 Dec 2000 19:01:00 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from dream_stage@hotmail.com) Received: from mail pickup service by hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC; Sat, 9 Dec 2000 15:59:29 -0800 Received: from 63.27.241.210 by lw7fd.law7.hotmail.msn.com with HTTP; Sat, 09 Dec 2000 23:59:29 GMT X-Originating-IP: [63.27.241.210] From: "John Landis" To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: flansburgh Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2000 23:59:29 Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/html Message-ID: X-OriginalArrivalTime: 09 Dec 2000 23:59:30.0004 (UTC) FILETIME=[11A63940:01C0623C] Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "John Landis"

>we had a brief little chat about how he
>would never sign socks.  About how thats' getting a little too close
>for his tastes.

I find that really funny, because he signed my shoe. (a neon green canvas chuck taylor type shoe)  I do recall that he refused to sign a guys chest on that occasion, saying "This isn't a metal show" 

-John "third John" Landis

Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com

------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #36-8 *****************************