Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #37-15 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 37, Number 15 Monday, 15 January 2001 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #37-13 TMBG: No! Pre-Release Demo CD-ROM listing Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 04:41:02 -0600 Message-ID: <3A61823E.98621D29@uswest.net> From: "James & Kimberly Mohan" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #37-13 HotelDetective11@aol.com wrote: > really?! K-Rock? That's really cool! Perhaps pop music is getting > them, but > it IS exciting to hear them on tv, on the radio, etc. Apparently, on > Christmas Eve at midnight, K-Rock played Santa's Beard. Ah well. > They're not > played THAT much....don't They need a little recognition at least? I think if the mainstream is ready, They will get a little recognition. But I don't think they'll get much more than that from 'Boss..', which isn't really a bad thing. The general public may like BOSS, but do you think they'll wanna listen to KISS ME, SON OF GOD? Hmmmmmm....... I know a lot of people thought REM might go 'soft' after some recognition. They put out Monster, which was 'bombed' by critics. (but it's a great album) Heck, I was even a little afraid when a local bar was playing XTC (Dear Madam Barnum). Truth is, the general public wants music that they can dispose of when they see fit. 'Boss..' will lure many new fans in, but most will weeded out by Their other music. Trust me. ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 14:50:26 -0500 From: "The Demonic Kangaroo" Message-ID: <93t00f$qng$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: No! Pre-Release Demo CD-ROM listing There's a listing for a pre-release of No! on gracenote (formerly cddb.com) at the below link.. I guess it's only a matter of time before this thing shows up on ebay.. -Mike http://www.cddb.com/xm/cd/rock/f079416ba5cdefc85bef89a88f7cd142.html ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #37-15 ******************************