Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #37-19 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 37, Number 19 Friday, 19 January 2001 Today's Topics: TMBG: next rock album and other ramblings... TMBG: my brush with TMBG greatness AND birdhouse video Re: TMBG: next rock album and other ramblings... TMBG: TMB In my dreams (a whole lot) Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: Gegatron@aol.com Message-ID: <90.f0141b5.2798fae6@aol.com> Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 21:05:26 EST Subject: TMBG: next rock album and other ramblings... Here's what i think might be on their next rock album (and the order i think the tracks may be in): 1 older 2 cyclops rock 3 finished with lies 4 Its so loud in here 5 hovering sombrero 6 edith head 7 bangs 8 it's only a game (i'm assuming since a song by this title was yanked from working undercover for the man that it will show up here) 9 museum of idiots 10 thunderbird I also wouldnt be surprised if a couple rerecorded songs from tmbg unlimited pop up. They seem to really dig I've got a fang. Also maybe Your Mom's Alright since it isn't going to be on Malcolm. (i know older is on malcolm, but i have a hunch it will be on the album as well). My wish is that a sped up totally rocking version of No Answer appears on the album, but that's probably a pipe dream. Also a studio version of First Kiss (that song needs some sort of hook, like the happy keyboard part in NYC). Another pipe dream. Now here's a question: What will the single be? It's so loud in here, or Cyclops rock? Personally i'm shooting for its so loud in here. They seemed willing to throw cyclops rock onto the malcolm cd, which would mean they wanted Its so loud to be the single. I'm also thinking it will come out in either August or October. One more thing: Request Boss of Me where ever any type of request is taken! I'm still tweeked i haven't seen the full video yet. ------------------------------ From: "Chrissy Rockwell" Subject: TMBG: my brush with TMBG greatness AND birdhouse video Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 22:22:36 -0500 Message-ID: I went to answer phones at Kids Corner tonite (88.5 WXPN 7-8), as I have mentioned before they are the only show on the only station in philadelphia that consistently plays TMBG. Anyway, one of my fellow phone answerers Carry was a dancer in the Birdhouse in Your Soul video. He mentioned that the video was shot in a courthouse on the lower east side. I told him how weird it is that it was a question that just recently came up on the tmbg.org list. :D Anyway, thats about it. Chrissy _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com ------------------------------ From: "General Purplefeet" Subject: Re: TMBG: next rock album and other ramblings... Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 03:39:53 -0000 Message-ID: Gegatron: >Here's what i think might be on their next rock album (and the order i >think >the tracks may be in): >1 older >2 cyclops rock >3 finished with lies >4 Its so loud in here >5 hovering sombrero >6 edith head >7 bangs >8 it's only a game (i'm assuming since a song by this title was yanked from >working undercover for the man that it will >show >up here) Isn't that "It's NOT A Game"? >9 museum of idiots >10 thunderbird > >I also wouldnt be surprised if a couple rerecorded songs from tmbg >unlimited >pop up. They seem to really dig I've got a fang. Also maybe Your Mom's >Alright since it isn't going to be on Malcolm. (i know older is on >malcolm, >but i have a hunch it will be on the album as well). Yeah, I think we'll be hard-pressed to find an album WITHOUT "Older" in the near future. In some interviews that took place before the release of the "Working Undercover For The Man" EP, the Johns said that "Working Undercover," "Rest Awhile," and "On The Drag" would be on the next studio album, but, since all three of these songs were on the EP, I doubt we'll see them ALL on the album. Probably one of them will be on there, though, and possibly two. >My wish is that a sped up totally rocking version of No Answer appears on >the >album, but that's probably a pipe dream. Also a studio version of First >Kiss (that song needs some sort of hook, like the happy keyboard part in >NYC). Another pipe dream. I seem to recall the Johns saying that a studio version of "First Kiss" might be on the album. That would be cool, but I hope it doesn't sound exactly like the live version. >I'm also thinking it will come out in either August or October. Of 2050? -- Eat your broccoli, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <20010119034212.27905.qmail@web12102.mail.yahoo.com> Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 19:42:12 -0800 (PST) From: Mysterio Gal Subject: TMBG: TMB In my dreams (a whole lot) It's insane! It seems like a couple times a week, over the past month or more, my dreams have been invaded by John and John I.E. Linnell is missing so Flansie asks me to sing, yet I can't remember the lyrics (what a nightmare) Or how about: Hanging backstage, humming some TMBG tunes, when one of "their" guys walks up and invites me to be the "female vocal" of the group, and then I have to audition. Or the highly strange: Flansie couldn't make it, Linnell is painted green, and I get a chance to show him my scrapbook Or: I'm hanging out with not 2, but 3 Johns, one of which is a personal friend of mine, John Pounds, who is wearing Glasses and looks like Flansburgh, which inspires a mega crush, which is VERY weird, etc. Hooboy, there are probably more I'm forgeting, but the best part is, before hand, I hadn't dreamt of them in months! *PHEW* Maybe I'm possessed by John MUAHAHAHAHA *goes back to drawing x-men engaged in homo-erotic adventures* ===== Mysterio Gal "Tit'num. Nippler -- Nibplern -- nippblelen -- in my tit." --A drunken Cyclops explains to Wolvie that he's not the only guy with hard metal in his body--Liquid Sunshine mr_realgal@yahoo.com Home Page: http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Get email at your own domain with Yahoo! Mail. http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/ ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #37-19 ******************************