Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #37-8 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 37, Number 8 Monday, 8 January 2001 Today's Topics: TMBG: Factory Showroom n such Re: TMBG: Factory Showroom n such TMBG: The Video TMBG: TMBG Figures Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: Gegatron@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 14:25:33 EST Subject: TMBG: Factory Showroom n such Well being a long time Weezer fan i really like Factory Showroom. I thought all that wailing guitar in it worked quite well. It is the most polished of all their albums. I know a lot of people are against polished songs but I really dig it. Metal Detector, NYC, Spiraling Shape and Pet, and Till My Head Falls Off are all some of my favorite TMBG songs. I'll admit i didn't like STD as much. It seems like they tried to make their "live" album sound as studio as possible (they took out all the croud noise for crying out loud). Also the cover is the ugliest i've ever seen on any CD. If this "everyone hates their newest album the most" theory, what do you think about what we've heard of the song line up on their upcoming rock cd? I think Finished With Lies and Edith Head are both pretty lame (but the Johns seem to love them). What i've heard of Bangs is a bit too sugar sweet for my likes. However Its So Loud In Here, Cyclops Rock, and Hovering Sombrero all seem to kick ass. I'm impartal to Thunderbird (though it rocks, it sounds like a midlife crisis song). ------------------------------ From: "General Purplefeet" Subject: Re: TMBG: Factory Showroom n such Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2001 23:05:50 -0000 Message-ID: Gegatron: >Well being a long time Weezer fan i really like Factory Showroom. I >thought >all that wailing guitar in it worked quite well. It is the most polished >of >all their albums. I would say that each new TMBG release tended to be more polished than the last, with FS certainly being the most polished. >I know a lot of people are against polished songs but I >really dig it. The more "raw" sounds of earlier albums definitely have their charm, but I don't know why anyone would be "against polished songs." > I'll admit i didn't like STD as much. It seems like they tried to make >their "live" album sound as studio as possible (they took out all the croud >noise for crying out loud). People always make this comment, but I've yet to see an explanation as to how crowd noise is a good thing. Maybe if the audience had been singing along or something it would have been appropriate, but I'm not sure random clapping adds all that much to a recording. >Also the cover is the ugliest i've ever seen on any CD. On ANY CD? Surely you exaggerate. > If this "everyone hates their newest album the most" theory, what do >you >think about what we've heard of the song line up on their upcoming rock cd? Well, we don't really know which songs are actually going to be on it, but I like a lot of the most recent TMBG songs. >I think Finished With Lies and Edith Head are both pretty lame (but the >Johns >seem to love them). "Finished With Lies" is all right, but it sometimes seems to take a long time to finish, even though it's a short song. That's not really a good sign, I'd say. "Edith Head" isn't anything special, but it isn't bad, either. -- Eat your broccoli, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000801c07912$e7a200a0$10450241@wall1.pa.home.com> From: "Jon" Subject: TMBG: The Video Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 20:32:46 -0500 Whoa! That was pretty cool. I just have to get one of those TMBG-Toys... I'd have to say the best part is when Linnell got blown to bits...haha. I wonder if that will be the new opening segment every week? They didn't play any credits over top of the video, so I doubt that will be the case. It would be cool if it was though. What did everyone else think? Jon [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: <6d.dc72b08.278aa79c@aol.com> Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 00:18:20 EST Subject: TMBG: TMBG Figures I just emailed McFarlane Toys about the possibility of TMBG action figures like they have in the video...they do lots of cool cult-type figures (like Edward Scissorhands, Ozzy Osborne , and Bob and Doug McKenzie (which I have). Their email is stevethevictim@mcfarlane.com. Kay Let's show them there's a demand! [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #37-8 *****************************