Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #38-1 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 38, Number 1 Thursday, 1 February 2001 Today's Topics: TMBG: Re: Mr.Xcitement TMBG: Re: Mr.Xcitement Subject: TMBG: Re: "Sapphire Bullets" (was re:irving plaza show) Re: TMBG: "Sapphire Bullets" (was re:irving plaza show) TMBG: Saphire Bullets TMBG: Re: Saphire Bullets TMBG: IP PICS :D Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: "Erich Cannon" Subject: TMBG: Re: Mr.Xcitement Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 01:42:42 -0800 Message-ID: Oh come on. It's different. its good to have something escape the norm or disrupt the flow of the general idea of most musicians style. M. Doughty collaboratting there is a huge Soul Coughing influence in both songs and its cool. I love both bands so them coming together is extra sweet, unique and a nice change. Erich > I think this is the first time I ever said this about a TMBG song. This song > sucks donkey balls. it's rotten eww. how could TMBG write this crap? ick oh > god my whole concept of reality has been altered. What a horrible day. > ------------------------------ From: "Christina Rockwell" Subject: TMBG: Re: Mr.Xcitement Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 08:11:16 -0500 Message-ID: Welcome to my world.... ----- Original Message ----- From: To: Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2001 11:20 PM Subject: TMBG: Mr.Xcitement > I think this is the first time I ever said this about a TMBG song. This song > sucks donkey balls. it's rotten eww. how could TMBG write this crap? ick oh > god my whole concept of reality has been altered. What a horrible day. > ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3A781676.6208E41E@pacificnet.net> Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 05:43:20 -0800 From: Bongo Subject: Subject: TMBG: Re: "Sapphire Bullets" (was re:irving plaza show) "Bryce" wrote: >Er, sorry. Wink-wink to those of you who *weren't* there... > >Sapphire Bullets took the stage... I wish they would do these cool concept shows out here. From reading the Jared and Tyler quotes, I kind of get the feeling they were making fun of (some of) us fans but I wish I could of been there. -B O N G O ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 12:58:55 -0500 From: "Bryce" Message-ID: <959jrh$2nhv$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: "Sapphire Bullets" (was re:irving plaza show) Bongo : > From reading the Jared and Tyler quotes, I kind of get the > feeling they were making fun of (some of) us fans but I wish > I could of been there. It didn't feel so much like they were making fun of us fans, it was more like they were making fun of fame, and of the very idea of a TMBG tribute band. They did pretty much nail the whole obsession thing, which I suppose could be read as making fun of us. But, their motivation seemed to be a kind of humility, as though they find it absurd to be the object of such obsession. Or maybe that's just my optimistic interpretation... All I know is that the readings on the irony-o-meter were off the scale. Bryce Isn't it just like certain people I could name? ------------------------------ Message-ID: <005701c08bc0$0bf71de0$b03f893e@005282020097> From: "Al" Subject: TMBG: Saphire Bullets Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 19:55:22 -0000 O.K. just a quick question from the slow English Guy. Were or are "Sapphire Bullets" TMBG in Disguise? I heard something and havent heard anymore AL [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 15:21:13 -0500 From: "Bryce" Message-ID: <959s6b$2rvs$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: Saphire Bullets Al : > O.K. just a quick question from the slow English Guy. > Were or are "Sapphire Bullets" TMBG in Disguise? Yes, they were. But don't feel bad for not knowing that; there were plenty of people at the show who didn't know it going in, and some didn't figure it out immediately either. Bryce ------------------------------ From: "Christina Rockwell" Subject: TMBG: IP PICS :D Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 20:33:23 -0500 Message-ID: http://www.rollingstone.com/photos/gallerythumbs.asp?gid=5585 there is a dreamy picture of dreamy jared ;-) Chrissy `~*`~*`~*`~*`~*`~*`~*`~*`~*`~*`~*`~*`~*`~*`~*`~*`~*`~*`*`~*`~*`~*`~*`~*`~*` "Politics is the world's second oldest profession, closely related to the first"--Jimmy Carter -- Christina Rockwell '03 Marymount College http://drive.to/chrissy AIM ChrissMari Yahoo!: birdh0use ICQ: 40199998 birdh0use `~*`~*`~*`~*`~*`~*`~*`~*`~*`~*`~*`~*`~*`~*`~*`~*`~*`~*`*`~*`~*`~*`~*`~*`~*` ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #38-1 *****************************