Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #37-13 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 37, Number 13 Saturday, 13 January 2001 Today's Topics: TMBG: K-Rock... TMBG: Re: TMBG action figures TMBG: Re: Re: TMBG action figures TMBG: John & John head shots need for action figures. Re: TMBG: K-Rock... Re:TMBG: Re: Re: TMBG action figures Re:TMBG: John & John head shots need for action figures. Re: TMBG: K-Rock... Re: TMBG: K-Rock... TMBG: November 2000 DC show Re: TMBG: K-Rock... Re: TMBG: TMBG action figures TMBG: Boss of Me, albums, and such TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #37-12 Re: TMBG: K-Rock... Re: TMBG: Boss of Me, albums, and such TMBG: Malcolm Ad Re: TMBG: Malcolm Ad Re: TMBG: John & John head shots need for action figures. Re: TMBG: Malcolm Ad Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 02:33:14 -0500 (EST) From: "Jason A. Glastetter" Subject: TMBG: K-Rock... Message-ID: Alright, I haven't posted in over a year, but I'm still here & just have to say something. Have you ever had one of those bands that's like "No, they're MY band! Pop music can't have them! They are for me and my friends only!" It happened recently with my friends and David Gray. We all really liked him & BAM! one day he becomes famous & played all over the radio! It looks like TMBG may be taking a similar path. "Boss of Me" was played on a station called K-rock up here in central NY (I think there's a cool K-rock somewhere, but this one sucks, trust me, I'm still a WFNX, Boston, fan). Anyway, this station hasn't played TMBG since I've been up here & because of "Boss Of Me," well they're playing it several times a DAY! Pop music can't have them! They're ours! Well, at least I still have Self, Placebo (who still haven't even released their new album in America), Doughty and others. College radio, by the way, is where it's at. --Jason Glastetter ==================================================================== http://www.poingly.com - - Home of the infamous Poingly online game! http://www.mp3.com/poingly - - Download Poingly mp3 songs for FREE!! ==================================================================== ------------------------------ From: "Erich Cannon" Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG action figures Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 01:59:13 -0800 Message-ID: Okay folks I think this action figure thing is a cool idea. Now I'll volunteer my time and head up this project if thats okay with all you folks. I'll come up with a battle plan and let you all know the details....maybe i'll get the newsgroup in on the deal....perhaps i'll make a website or something. Waddya think? Do you vote me TMBG Actioneer??? Erich ------------------------------ From: "Erich Cannon" Subject: TMBG: Re: Re: TMBG action figures Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 02:02:11 -0800 Message-ID: Nevermind...someone on the newsgroup beat me to the punch. Oh well. Erich ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 06:37:09 -0500 From: "The Demonic Kangaroo" Message-ID: <93mqbk$1pbg$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: John & John head shots need for action figures. I have just created a new photo album on my Yahoo! club (link below) so you can post any close-ups of John & John's faces that you may have. I need as many angles as possible, so please post your photos. Thanks! -Mike http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/tdkstheymightbegiantsclub ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 05:44:00 -0600 Message-ID: <3A5EEE00.65CD1F94@uswest.net> From: "James & Kimberly Mohan" Subject: Re: TMBG: K-Rock... > Have you ever had one of those bands that's like "No, they're MY band! Pop > music can't have them! They are for me and my friends only!" ....Who hasn't? heh-heh..... > It happened recently with my friends and David Gray. We all really liked him > & BAM! one day he becomes famous & played all over the radio! David who? > It looks like TMBG may be taking a similar path. "Boss of Me" was played on > a station called K-rock up here in central NY (I think there's a cool K-rock > somewhere, but this one sucks, trust me, I'm still a WFNX, Boston, fan). > Anyway, this station hasn't played TMBG since I've been up here & because of > "Boss Of Me," well they're playing it several times a DAY! Pop music can't > have them! They're ours! Think of it this way, REM threw out 'Stand' because they new it would be gobbled up by Top40 stations. It's fluff. (..ok, bad example.... 'Boss of Me' isn't fluff, but it IS only one song.) I doubt They will be swallowed up by the masses. Pop music is only interested in SONGS, they don't care about the BANDS and the OTHER tracks they may have to offer (which are probably better......) As I've said before, I don't think They will be ruined by this top40 status w/ 'Boss..'. (on the other hand, if top40 was ALL Them, that would be interesting......huh? sorry.....daydreaming..) > College radio, by the way, is where it's at. Amen, brother. Jim Back on that time-is-money bit. ------------------------------ From: karinh@sterl.com Message-Id: <0101129793.AA979310031@smtplink.sterl.com> Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 09:33:03 -0500 Subject: Re:TMBG: Re: Re: TMBG action figures Well actually, what they've beaten you to is the punch of *Talking About Doing It*. You're the first to actually say "Hell yeah, I'll be a motivating force in TMBG fans' lives". If we can get the rest of these paranoids to put their past painful experiences behind them, I would be proud to vote for you as TMBG Actioneer. Erich in '01 !!!!! Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ____________________Reply Separator____________________ Subject: TMBG: Re: Re: TMBG action figures Author: "Erich Cannon" Date: 01/12/01 2:02 AM Nevermind...someone on the newsgroup beat me to the punch. Oh well. Erich ------------------------------ From: karinh@sterl.com Message-Id: <0101129793.AA979310556@smtplink.sterl.com> Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 09:41:49 -0500 Subject: Re:TMBG: John & John head shots need for action figures. All right!! The movers & shakers are coming to the front lines!!! Cmon, people, get on the bandwagon before it rolls over you like, well, like a bandwagon rolling over people who didn't get on it in time.... ____________________Reply Separator____________________ Subject: TMBG: John & John head shots need for action figures. Author: "The Demonic Kangaroo" Date: 01/12/01 6:37 AM I have just created a new photo album on my Yahoo! club (link below) so you can post any close-ups of John & John's faces that you may have. I need as many angles as possible, so please post your photos. Thanks! -Mike http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/tdkstheymightbegiantsclub ------------------------------ Message-Id: <200101121647.LAA42418@f05n15.cac.psu.edu> Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 11:51:38 -0500 From: Jason Fickley Subject: Re: TMBG: K-Rock... Speaking of Boss of Me, Kevin Smith (writer/director/Silent Bob from Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma, and Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back) offered the following on his message board: ": What are your thoughts on Malcolm in the Middle? I like the opening theme song and the guy who plays the Dad (he did a few voices for us on the cartoon). Don't watch the show, though." Not too exciting, but cool nonetheless. (Don't chastise me if this was already posted - I just rejoined the list a few days ago) --Jason-- ------------------------------ From: MikeTheGiant@ufp.org Message-ID: Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 13:41:41 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: K-Rock... In a message dated 1/12/01 2:34:48 AM Eastern Standard Time, jaglaste@mailbox.syr.edu writes: << Well, at least I still have Self, Placebo (who still haven't even released their new album in America), Doughty and others. >> This is a funny statement. Mainly because Placebo, and Doughty are played down here in Baltimore/Washington quite often. Matter of face Placebo played a concert for WHFS, either the HFStival (a humongous concert for teen wannabes), or someother big concert festival for HFS. Mike Stabile "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin ------------------------------ From: Furfr@aol.com Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 13:52:17 EST Subject: TMBG: November 2000 DC show Message-ID: <5d.5c08e42.2790ac61@UNKNOWN> Hey all, Does anyone happen to have a recording of the November 3 9:30 club show (Washington, DC)? I thought it was an amazing show, and I'd die to hear it again. furfr ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 14:25:45 -0500 From: "The Demonic Kangaroo" Message-ID: <93nlq8$23hl$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: K-Rock... Just wondering, should that read, "(I) don't watch the show" or is he telling people not to watch the show?? -Mike Jason Fickley wrote in message news:200101121647.LAA42418@f05n15.cac.psu.edu... > > Speaking of Boss of Me, Kevin Smith (writer/director/Silent Bob from > Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma, and Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back) > offered the following on his message board: > > > ": What are your thoughts on Malcolm in the Middle? > > I like the opening theme song and the guy who plays the Dad (he did a few > voices for us on the cartoon). Don't watch the show, though." > > > > Not too exciting, but cool nonetheless. (Don't chastise me if this was > already posted - I just rejoined the list a few days ago) > > --Jason-- ------------------------------ From: garrett27@juno.com Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 12:19:35 -0800 Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG action figures Message-ID: <20010112.121935.-1780079.0.Garrett27@juno.com> As added hope for getting a lower price per person, I'm sure there are a lot of our friends off the list who would be interested in joining in. I know at least 5 people who would want to join the action. Garrett ________________________________________________________________ GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO! Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for less! Join Juno today! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj. ------------------------------ From: "Dan Brosnan" Subject: TMBG: Boss of Me, albums, and such Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 21:13:11 -0000 Message-ID: First off, i like the action figure idea.....VERY MUCH But what i am here to do is ask a question: When is the Rock album/No! gonna be released? I know Malcolm is on Feb 6 but will both of the new albums be released in the next 3 months? 6 months? year? Thanks - New to the list : Bond _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com ------------------------------ From: HotelDetective11@ufp.org Message-ID: <26.fc25a63.2790d1f7@UNKNOWN> Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 16:32:39 EST Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #37-12 In a message dated 1/12/01 2:08:44 AM Eastern Standard Time, owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org writes: > I know there are maybe 10 - 15 people who post regularly. I wonder how many > lurkers there are out there like me, silently listening to these posts? > Every one would bring that cost down. > > Bill N > > Spring Dew wrote: >i'm a lurker as well for the time being and i would love to get a doll or two! >I'm a relatively new fan, in that I cannot measure my fanship in years yet. >STD was my first, and I happen to like the cover art, but I have odd taste. >Anyway, right after that I got The Early Years and frankly it took me a long >time to warm up to it. Maybe it was because there is just so much in there, >ya know? I thought it was a case of being a newbie and liking the new stuff >that the older stuff just seemed distant and alien. But then I loaded it >into my RealJukebox at work and kept listening, and now love TEY even more >than STD. I hear something new every time, and I startle my coworkers when >I finally get a lyric that had evaded me earlier and burst into laughter. I'm quite new as well, and STD was also my first. I automatically loved it, though when I heard the regular versions of the songs, I was a bit disappointed. Flood was my second, and I loved it even more! [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] I'm assumed he meant that he doesn't watch the show - it's open to interpretation, though. --Jason-- At 02:25 PM 1/12/2001 -0500, The Demonic Kangaroo wrote: >Just wondering, should that read, "(I) don't watch the show" or is he >telling people not to watch the show?? > > -Mike From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Fri Jan 12 17:56:00 2001 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id RAA75618 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Fri, 12 Jan 2001 17:56:00 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from hotmail.com (f280.law7.hotmail.com [216.33.236.158]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id RAA75609 for ; Fri, 12 Jan 2001 17:55:59 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from xornom@hotmail.com) Received: from mail pickup service by hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC; Fri, 12 Jan 2001 14:55:28 -0800 Received: from 129.25.9.58 by lw7fd.law7.hotmail.msn.com with HTTP; Fri, 12 Jan 2001 22:55:28 GMT X-Originating-IP: [129.25.9.58] From: "General Purplefeet" To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Boss of Me, albums, and such Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 22:55:28 -0000 Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed Message-ID: X-OriginalArrivalTime: 12 Jan 2001 22:55:28.0531 (UTC) FILETIME=[C1FF7630:01C07CEA] Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "General Purplefeet" Dan Brosnan: >But what i am here to do is ask a question: When is the Rock album/No! >gonna >be released? I know Malcolm is on Feb 6 but will both of the new albums be >released in the next 3 months? 6 months? year? I don't think any definite information is available. Whoever updates theymightbegiants.com estimates that No! will be released in the spring, but also makes clear that this might not come to pass. Since we were supposed to have gotten both of these in 2000 (in fact, I think there was talk of the new regular album being out in 1999), I'm not sure how we can trust any information we might get on these albums, anyway. -- Eat your broccoli, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Fri Jan 12 18:55:23 2001 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id SAA77031 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Fri, 12 Jan 2001 18:55:23 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from imo-d06.mx.aol.com (imo-d06.mx.aol.com [205.188.157.38]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id SAA77021 for ; Fri, 12 Jan 2001 18:55:22 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from Mbrosendale@cs.com) From: Mbrosendale@cs.com Received: from Mbrosendale@cs.com by imo-d06.mx.aol.com (mail_out_v29.5.) id i.95.5762218 (4365) for ; Fri, 12 Jan 2001 18:54:48 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <95.5762218.2790f348@cs.com> Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 18:54:48 EST Subject: TMBG: Malcolm Ad To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Mailer: CompuServe 2000 32-bit sub 113 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Mbrosendale@cs.com As I sifted through hours of MTV hoping for the Boss of Me video, I found an ad for the soundtrack cd available on musicspace.com. During the ad, they showed bits of the video that were not shown last Sunday (more of the paint balls and Flans being eaten). In checking out the site, they have the cd for sale along with small samples of some of the tunes. From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Fri Jan 12 19:15:08 2001 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id TAA77693 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Fri, 12 Jan 2001 19:15:08 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from hotmail.com (law2-f49.hotmail.com [216.32.181.49]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id TAA77684 for ; Fri, 12 Jan 2001 19:15:06 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from rockwellchr@hotmail.com) Received: from mail pickup service by hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC; Fri, 12 Jan 2001 16:14:36 -0800 Received: from 63.38.129.77 by lw2fd.hotmail.msn.com with HTTP; Sat, 13 Jan 2001 00:14:36 GMT X-Originating-IP: [63.38.129.77] From: "Chrissy Rockwell" To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Malcolm Ad Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 19:14:36 -0500 Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/html Message-ID: X-OriginalArrivalTime: 13 Jan 2001 00:14:36.0290 (UTC) FILETIME=[CFE1FE20:01C07CF5] Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: "Chrissy Rockwell"

I don't know if I am being dumb or what...  It seems to me reading these posts that not everyone has seen the whole video.  If this is the case its on launch.com.  If i am wrong and you guys are just looking for it on tv.. then ignore me.  :D

Chrissy

>From: Mbrosendale@cs.com
>Reply-To: Mbrosendale@cs.com
>To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org
>Subject: TMBG: Malcolm Ad
>Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 18:54:48 EST
>
>As I sifted through hours of MTV hoping for the Boss of Me video, I found an
>ad for the soundtrack cd available on musicspace.com. During the ad, they
>showed bits of the video that were not shown last Sunday (more of the paint
>balls and Flans being eaten). In checking out the site, they have the cd for
>sale along with small samples of some of the tunes.

Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com

From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Fri Jan 12 19:53:32 2001 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id TAA78876 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Fri, 12 Jan 2001 19:53:32 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from imo-r03.mx.aol.com (imo-r03.mx.aol.com [152.163.225.3]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id TAA78867 for ; Fri, 12 Jan 2001 19:53:31 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from DrSaxx@aol.com) From: DrSaxx@aol.com Received: from DrSaxx@aol.com by imo-r03.mx.aol.com (mail_out_v29.5.) id i.e2.ef3af6a (3875) for ; Fri, 12 Jan 2001 19:52:53 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 19:52:53 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: John & John head shots need for action figures. To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="part1_e2.ef3af6a.279100e5_boundary" Content-Disposition: Inline X-Mailer: 6.0 sub 171 Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: DrSaxx@aol.com --part1_e2.ef3af6a.279100e5_boundary Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I think we should do a mass purchasing of figures. The site said they took orders from 25-500....now I think we should all pitch in some money and give it to one guy to handle it. That guy would get the original figure and since we can get additional heads for just 15 bucks, we could order ourselves a head. It would be up to us to go buy a ken or something and rip its head off, apply the TMBG member's head (whoever it may be), and get new clothes...my two cents Harlan Muir TMBG ambassador of "Iowa" DrSaxx@aol.com --part1_e2.ef3af6a.279100e5_boundary Content-Type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit      I think we should do a mass purchasing of figures.  The site said they
took orders from 25-500....now I think we should all pitch in some money and
give it to one guy to handle it.  That guy would get the original figure and
since we can get additional heads for just 15 bucks, we could order ourselves
a head.  It would be up to us to go buy a ken or something and rip its head
off, apply the TMBG member's head (whoever it may be), and get new
clothes...my two cents

Harlan Muir          TMBG ambassador of "Iowa"
DrSaxx@aol.com
--part1_e2.ef3af6a.279100e5_boundary-- From owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Fri Jan 12 23:16:21 2001 Received: (from majordom@localhost) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) id XAA83534 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Fri, 12 Jan 2001 23:16:21 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org) Received: from f05n15.cac.psu.edu (f05s15.cac.psu.edu [128.118.141.58]) by ussenterprise.ufp.org (8.9.3/8.9.2) with ESMTP id XAA83525 for ; Fri, 12 Jan 2001 23:16:20 -0500 (EST) (envelope-from jdf179@psu.edu) Received: from shaft-s-system (pa-erie1a-366.buf.adelphia.net [24.49.65.110]) by f05n15.cac.psu.edu (8.9.3/8.9.3) with SMTP id XAA34218 for ; Fri, 12 Jan 2001 23:16:19 -0500 Message-Id: <4.0.2.20010112231722.00943100@email.psu.edu> X-Sender: jdf179@email.psu.edu X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Pro Version 4.0.2 Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 23:19:19 -0500 To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org From: Jason Fickley Subject: Re: TMBG: Malcolm Ad In-Reply-To: <95.5762218.2790f348@cs.com> Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Sender: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Jason Fickley Once again, I apologize if I'm behind the times, but does anyone know the track list of the MitM soundtrack? I looked on cdNOW and couldn't find it. --Jason-- At 06:54 PM 1/12/2001 -0500, Mbrosendale@cs.com wrote: >As I sifted through hours of MTV hoping for the Boss of Me video, I found an >ad for the soundtrack cd available on musicspace.com. During the ad, they >showed bits of the video that were not shown last Sunday (more of the paint >balls and Flans being eaten). In checking out the site, they have the cd for >sale along with small samples of some of the tunes. > ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #37-13 ******************************