Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #37-23 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 37, Number 23 Tuesday, 23 January 2001 Today's Topics: TMBG: playing Boss of me on TRL TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #37-22 TMBG: irving plaza TMBG: Re: irving plaza Re: TMBG: playing Boss of me on TRL TMBG: Re: Sensurround Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: Gegatron@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 13:49:22 EST Subject: TMBG: playing Boss of me on TRL For those of you who say that this won't work (flooding mtv with phone calls and emails the 26th), i'd like to say that it won't hurt either. Make them know there's a demand for the song. ------------------------------ From: HotelDetective11@aol.com Message-ID: <4e.106bfc64.279e134b@aol.com> Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 17:50:51 EST Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #37-22 In a message dated 1/22/01 2:06:55 AM Eastern Standard Time, owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org writes: > I am asking for everyone to flood MTV's phone lines and e-mails on Friday, > January 26th to get Boss Of Me on TRL. THis is the day before the sold out > Irving Plaza show and M2 has already played Boss Of Me, so this confirms > that MTV does have the video is willing to play it! So I need everyone's > help here to do their part this Friday to get the video on the program and > knock out the > competition! Thanks a lot folks! > > *sigh*. we already tried. to the best of my knowledge, almost every tmbg fan that has online access or that someone (me!) told them to, voted for it on mtv a few days after it was seen on mitm. hah. THAT didn't work. we didn't even get a close call. the sad truth is that mtv DOES have the video, and have no reason not to play it, but britney spears and nsync give them more publicity and the general (stupid teeny bopper) public like them better. anyway, mtv is too stupid to play tmbg, anyway. it would degrade Them to be on trl. can you tell i'm in denile? well, i am. thanks. i'm done. i hate mtv, anyway. nobody worthwhile watches it anyway. they don't DESERVE tmbg.... jessie [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (multipart/alternative)] ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 19:23:39 -0500 From: "Bryce" Message-ID: <94ij30$2mcq$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: irving plaza Man, I wish I would have known about all this demand when I got my ticket. I'd have bought extras and started the bidding at $26. ;) So who all else is going? Bryce ------------------------------ From: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Message-ID: <75.f42097a.279e5e1e@aol.com> Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 23:10:06 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: playing Boss of me on TRL Yeah, I was technically off the list about a month ago, but, um, does anyone nkow the number for TRL? The online thang won't work. Rick the Clueless Worm. ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 23:17:05 -0500 From: "Jose" Message-ID: <94j0gj$2str$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: Sensurround Not sure about its status as a "single", but it was featured on the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Soundtrack, and was on the S-E-X-X-Y EP. Pax, - Jose Daniel A Kelley wrote in message news:20010120.152124.-205173.0.NormalLikeYou@juno.com... > > From: "Jon" > > > > I still think they should put Sensurround on a studio album and > release THAT > > as their single. I've been saying it ever since I first the song, and > I'll > > be saying it till they day I die.... > > Wasn't "Sensurround" somewhat of a single when it first came out? I > swear I remember listening to the top 100 of the year on a station at > home a couple years back, and that song was on there... I could be wrong > though... > > Phuzz (AIM: Moglewomp) > ________________________________________________________________ > GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO! > Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for less! > Join Juno today! For your FREE software, visit: > http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #37-23 ******************************