Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #37-4 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 37, Number 4 Thursday, 4 January 2001 Today's Topics: TMBG: Re: TMBG Video Bootleg #4 Re: TMBG: Re: AugieWan's MP3 index Re: TMBG: Re: TMBG Video Bootleg #4 Re: TMBG: Joshua Fried TMBG: The Unlimited Truth Re: TMBG: other Emusic mistakes TMBG: TDK's TMBG Page is Flooded! TMBG: boss of me video Re: TMBG: boss of me video TMBG: New Screen name Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 07:30:51 -0600 From: "John" Message-ID: <92v8u6$1i5t$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG Video Bootleg #4 "Bongo" wrote : > I was too lazy and unorganized to catch any of the Nightline - Brave New World segments when they aired. To me, they are the highlight of the tape. Whoever directed those segments deserves to direct their videos. (Nothing against Flans as a director). Well, you really have nothing against Flans as a director, since he directed all of their Brave New World spots. -Jay ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 07:40:03 -0600 From: "John" Message-ID: <92v9fe$1ibg$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: AugieWan's MP3 index "Chrissy Rockwell" wrote in message news:LAW2-F955VI7odnpBaL00003b70@hotmail.com... > jeeze tdk god forbid someone think that augie has good shit! I coulda said > that I have most of the songs he had too.. but daymn i let people say what a > good collection he has, because he does! At any rate, it seems that the web link was a backdoor to AugieWan's entire TMBG mp3 catalog, since if you link from his homepage, you just find his offering of the same mp3s he always has. I'm not sure how Augie stores his files, that might just be his private files on his PC which he also uses to host his website. ------------------------------ Date: 03 Jan 2001 06:43:11 -0800 Message-ID: <-1233618307ggr@wlg.com> From: Bongo Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: TMBG Video Bootleg #4 John wrote: > >"Bongo" wrote : >> I was too lazy and unorganized to catch any of the Nightline - Brave New >World segments when they aired. To me, they are the highlight of the tape. >Whoever directed those segments deserves to direct their videos. (Nothing >against Flans as a director). > >Well, you really have nothing against Flans as a director, since he directed >all of their >Brave New World spots. > >-Jay That's good to hear and a little surprising. I didn't think he was that good...until now anyway. The Doctor Worm video really didn't blow me away but maybe I'm confusing the concept of the videos with their direction. Maybe Flans is responsible for both. It would be nice to see those Brave New World segments show up on the next official video (maybe with the commentary edited out.) -B O N G O ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 13:32:23 -0800 From: "Spencer Owen" Subject: Re: TMBG: Joshua Fried Joshua - Oh man. What a brilliant concept. Now let me ask you this: Will this idea ever come Westward Ho? I live in Los Angeles and appreciate this kind of thing for everything it's worth; I seek it out, and I'm sure that, L.A. being the kind of place it is, there are many that would do the same. So will it? Just curious, and I ask you to consider it if you have no thoughts of doing so. Not like my measly opinion will affect you. But seriously, brilliant stuff. Spencer. ------------------------------ From: "Erich Cannon" Subject: TMBG: The Unlimited Truth Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 14:29:39 -0800 Message-ID: I e-mailed emusic. I aksed them to give me the lowdown on exactly whats going on here with TMBG Unlimited. Here's the response in which I recieved: * ------------------------------------------------ As stated in our pitch, TMBG UnLtd is an interactive subscription program slated for the 2001 calendar year. Per the band's request and for promotional reasons we launched the first month's content (January 2001) in mid-November 2000 to get our subscription base locked in well beforehand. Therefore, technically the next official month's content will not change until Feb. 1, 2001. However John Flansburgh and EMusic realize that this is a long time to wait and therefore will continue to update the program with new and exclusive downloads and interactive content between now and then - i.e. "Santa Claus" download, an upcoming e-card and more. We have additional live tracks from a recent Bowery Ballroom show slated for January to keep subscribers engaged. As of February 1st, 5 new tracks "guaranteed" will arrive each month. Ann EMusic.com Service * ------------------------------------------------------- Erich _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com ------------------------------ From: "General Purplefeet" Subject: Re: TMBG: other Emusic mistakes Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 00:40:15 -0000 Message-ID: slothdog: >If you were an insanely picky or bored person, you'd notice the following >at http://www.emusic.com/tmbg/ I'm insanely picky, but I don't get bored as much as I used to, which might account for why I haven't discovered these. Or maybe it's because I don't look at the egroups page very often. >- "our whacky animated 'Santa Claus" e-card > (whacky -> wacky) That's not a typo. The animated Santa Claus is supposed to whack viewers with a stick. Some versions of Santa did that to naughty children, after all. Fortunately for those who have viewed this card, most computers today do not include the proper PainWave plug-in that is necessary to feel the strikes. >Ah, I love the smell of kwality werk.... Well, most of those errors are fairly minor, but, well, subscribers ARE paying ridiculously high prices, so perhaps they're entitled to some editing and proofreading. -- Eat your broccoli, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 20:39:39 -0500 From: "The Demonic Kangaroo" Message-ID: <930kae$2198$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Subject: TMBG: TDK's TMBG Page is Flooded! That's right, you can now download all nineteen songs from Flood that TMBG performed on 11/30/00 at the Bowery Ballroom in New York City. Check it totally out! -Mike www.theymightbegiants.org ------------------------------ Message-ID: <001201c075f1$8110bda0$10450241@wall1.pa.home.com> From: "Jon" Subject: TMBG: boss of me video Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 20:56:07 -0500 Anyone know when the Boss Of Me video premieres on Malcomn in the Middle? I thought it was sometime in January, but I am not totally sure. Jon JenkiJon383 [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 20:58:54 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: boss of me video It premieres this Sunday (1/7) at 8:30, right before the show starts. There are pics of the video shoot at www.restless.com. yay! Kay [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (multipart/alternative)] ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #37-4 *****************************