Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest, Volume 38, Number 13 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 38, Number 13 Tuesday, 13 February 2001 Topics: Re: TMBG: Short Article in Resonance Magazine Re: TMBG: Boss of Me TMBG: Replay of TMBG on Tonight Show Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: ÁÁowner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. tmbg-list is compiled with Digest 3.7b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 03:19:39 EST From: MikeTheGiant@aol.com Subject: Re: TMBG: Short Article in Resonance Magazine Message-ID: <62.bd56ab0.27b8f69b@aol.com> In a message dated 2/10/01 6:19:19 PM Eastern Standard Time, tomacquisto@juno.com writes: << Did anyone else feel dirty buying the Malcolm in the Middle soundtrack? The only songs I can stand listening to are the Dust Brothers, Travis, and TMBG. Older is the brand new TMBG song but it's six years old now and Boss of Me is fine as a theme song but I don't want to consider it a TMBG song mostly because it doesn't follow the tradition of being interesting. It lacks the lyrical luster of TMBG. It's just kind of thrown together as product, rather than artistic output. That's my opinion. nick >> I also like the OPM song. Other than that, I completely agree with the above mentioned opinion. Mike Stabile "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 03:21:55 EST From: MikeTheGiant@aol.com Subject: Re: TMBG: Boss of Me Message-ID: In a message dated 2/11/01 9:43:00 PM Eastern Standard Time, mrminiwheat60@hotmail.com writes: << I FInally saw the Boss of Me video in its entirity on MTV2. It was right after some stupid blink 182 wanna be band singing the bitch song. they were showing a bunch of non-mainstream videos. Its weird i really thought the fact that it had all this malcolm in the middle behind it we'd see this video like everyday. Erich >> I honestly think that, after more and more radio stations start playing BoM, we'll be seeing it all the time. I might just be a little crazy. Pardon me. Mike Stabile "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 21:57:36 -0500 From: "The Demonic Kangaroo" Subject: TMBG: Replay of TMBG on Tonight Show Message-ID: <96a7vs$30it$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Just a reminder, don't forget to set your VCRs for the rerun of TMBG on the Tonight Show from last week.. not all aphilliates carry it but if you're lucky it should air at 2:05am.. check your local listings. -Mike ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #38-13 ******************************