Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest, Volume 38, Number 15 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 38, Number 15 Thursday, 15 February 2001 Topics: TMBG: TechTV TMBG: Re: TechTV Re: TMBG: Re: TechTV Re[2]: TMBG: Re: TechTV Re: Re[2]: TMBG: Re: TechTV TMBG: Who's Gonna guess the Dead Guy? TMBG: Re: Who's Gonna guess the Dead Guy? Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: ÁÁowner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. tmbg-list is compiled with Digest 3.7b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 13:25:29 EST From: Fibrinolysis@aol.com Subject: TMBG: TechTV Message-ID: <49.7699cf9.27bc2799@aol.com> My mom, the channel flipper, just found TMBG in a report on Internet Tonight on TechTV. They were talking about how you can get Their stuff from eMusic instead of Napster, and there was a small interview with annoying camera work which had John and John standing in front of a computer. Linnell did most of the talking. Does anyone know if this program reruns? I'm not sure that it does, since it's a sort of news show. Monique ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 16:56:45 -0500 From: "Kate Sith" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: TechTV Message-ID: >From: "Polaris" >Reply-To: "Polaris" >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: TMBG: Re: TechTV >Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 15:29:37 -0600 > >Quotage beginning: >My mom, the channel flipper, just found TMBG in a report on Internet >Tonight >on TechTV. They were talking about how you can get Their stuff from eMusic >instead of Napster, and there was a small interview with annoying camera >work >which had John and John standing in front of a computer. Linnell did most >of >the talking. Does anyone know if this program reruns? I'm not sure that >it >does, since it's a sort of news show. >Quotificationalism ending. > > >Yeah, we all heard about that back before those bastards fired half the >staff of ZDTV and changed it to TechTV. Did you notice J&J's names >reversed? Or how the interviewer said "John LIN-uhl"? > > >Polaris >"I'm not even supposed to be her > > Yes, and it was, in fact, John Flansburgh that did most of the talking. _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 17:14:03 -0500 From: Subject: Re[2]: TMBG: Re: TechTV Message-ID: <0102149821.AA982188849@smtplink.sterl.com> >Yes, and it was, in fact, John Flansburgh that did most of the talking.< Now, why am I not as surprised as I was when I heard it the other way?? tee hee Karin H Happy Valentimes ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 19:09:21 -0500 From: "Kate Sith" Subject: Re: Re[2]: TMBG: Re: TechTV Message-ID: ^_^ As a matter of fact, I have this little bit of screwed up misinformed crap on my computer, just in case anyone's interested. ^_^ The Johns have some cute one-liners, so e-mail me if you want it. >From: >To: , >Subject: Re[2]: TMBG: Re: TechTV >Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 17:14:03 -0500 > > >Yes, and it was, in fact, John Flansburgh that did most of the talking.< > >Now, why am I not as surprised as I was when I heard it the other way?? >tee hee >Karin H >Happy Valentimes > ------------------------------------------------------------ "Pinch me, 'cause I'm still asleep Please god, tell me that I'm still asleep." -E. Robertson "I'm gonna die if you touch me one more time Well, I guess that I'm gonna die no matter what." -J. Linnell _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 19:17:42 -0500 From: "Jon" Subject: TMBG: Who's Gonna guess the Dead Guy? Message-ID: <000c01c096e4$b7b869c0$10450241@wall1.pa.home.com> Here in Philly it's the time of year everyone looks foward to every year: the time when Y100 runs their famous "whos gonna guess the dead guy" contest. Now you may be asking yourself, what in God's name does this have to do with TMBG? Actually, quite a bit. You see, about 3 or 4 years ago, TMBG played a concert here in Philly which was sponsored by our local alternative music station Y100. At the time they were organinzing a new contest where callers call in and try to guess the name of a famous dead person. After asking TMBG to write a catchy jingle for the contest, Y100 found themselves in posession of an early version of the hit song we are all now hearing everywhere; AMC, Best Buy, MTV, the radio....BOSS OF ME. The words were a bit different back then (Im sure you can figure them out for yourself) but the music was the same. Alright. I can't think of anything else to say, and I don'f feel like coming up with some creative means of tying things together into a nice little conclusion. Later. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 20:57:49 -0500 From: "Christina Rockwell" Subject: TMBG: Re: Who's Gonna guess the Dead Guy? Message-ID: hehehe I remember when that happened. Certain people I could name on this list have mp3s of that original recording, and they asked people not to spread it around. I bet you can guess who it is.. but thats not important What is important is that the song is neat.. i have that appearence on tape somewhere.. I will have to find it Chrissy ----- Original Message ----- From: Jon To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2001 7:17 PM Subject: TMBG: Who's Gonna guess the Dead Guy? Here in Philly it's the time of year everyone looks foward to every year: the time when Y100 runs their famous "whos gonna guess the dead guy" contest. Now you may be asking yourself, what in God's name does this have to do with TMBG? Actually, quite a bit. You see, about 3 or 4 years ago, TMBG played a concert here in Philly which was sponsored by our local alternative music station Y100. At the time they were organinzing a new contest where callers call in and try to guess the name of a famous dead person. After asking TMBG to write a catchy jingle for the contest, Y100 found themselves in posession of an early version of the hit song we are all now hearing everywhere; AMC, Best Buy, MTV, the radio....BOSS OF ME. The words were a bit different back then (Im sure you can figure them out for yourself) but the music was the same. Alright. I can't think of anything else to say, and I don'f feel like coming up with some creative means of tying things together into a nice little conclusion. Later. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #38-15 ******************************