Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest, Volume 38, Number 18 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 38, Number 18 Sunday, 18 February 2001 Topics: Re: TMBG: TMBG on Conan Re: Twisted TMBG: Re: Who's Gonna guess the Dead Guy? TMBG: Luxembourg: Democracy or police state ? Kidnapped children and police TMBG: State Songs Chords Re: Twisted TMBG: Re: Who's Gonna guess the Dead Guy? TMBG: Twistid Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: ÁÁowner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. tmbg-list is compiled with Digest 3.7b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 08:53:18 -0000 From: "Eugene Jarvis" Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG on Conan Message-ID: >That was quite possibly the best performance of Older I've heard since the >first time I heard it at a concert so many years ago. I really like the >way the accordian was emphasized. I also liked how they seemed to be >enjoying themselves a lot. Perhaps it was just the impromptuness of their >appearance. > >It was somewhat annoying how Conan made them seem like something he was >settling for instead of Rod Stewart, though. > Indeed, I prefer the Conan version over the LTW version hands down. Not only was Flans' vocals more solid, but the second "is still marching on" sent shivers down my spine. And the solo sounded much better on accordian than keyboard. So much that today I concidered maybe taking up the accordian. I already know guitar, best of both worlds... I was, however, dissapointed with the shortness of the performance. If Chris Rock weren't on so damn long, They could have done a longer song, or even two songs... or maybe even an interview, which is what it looked like They were gonna do just before the closing credits... dammit!!! I'd rather see the Johns than a Terrier humping a blowup doll... or Chris Rock(which, to me, is on the same level of mindless comedy). ---------------------------------------------------------- My Website: http://stalkingsarah.20m.com ---------------------------------------------------------- "Do you Like the taste? Stuff it in your face, ---------------- It's not nice to waste "Serial Man" We're not happy 'till we're chokin' ---------------- Josh Buckland So we eat some more, A.K.A "Eugene Jarvis" Throw up on the floor --------------------- Go back to the store, We're so hungry, so pathetic.." -Alice Cooper _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 06:30:33 -0600 From: "James & Kimberly Mohan" Subject: Re: Twisted TMBG: Re: Who's Gonna guess the Dead Guy? Message-ID: <3A8E6EE9.6C5D759F@uswest.net> ctyner@clemson.edu wrote: > Though I agree with you that for full albums, EPs, and the like, I _have_ found myself buying far fewer compilations with TMBG, and I'd imagine I'm not the only list member who'd say that. Back before Misc T, I picked up a Bar/None compilation CD, mainly because it had 2 TMBG tracks, 'Nightgown' and 'Hello Radio'. I also bought the Power Rangers CD... ONLY because of 'Sensurround' (..well, and the Devo tune) I'd have to say that I probably wouldn't do that now because I could find that Giants' track on the internet, especially if that's all I really wanted off the album 'Welcome to the Jungle' Jim Mohan ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 21:44:09 +0100 From: "Jean Antoine" Subject: TMBG: Luxembourg: Democracy or police state ? Kidnapped children Message-ID: <96mof7$21nk$2@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org and police repression In Luxembourg ? LUXEMBOURG: STATE KIDNAPPING ??? Luxembourg is a democracy. But i have to inform so many people as possible about a situation impossible to understand in a democracy. http://www.multimania.com/alliedforce Jean Antoine PLEASE FORWARD THIS MESSAGE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 20:20:03 EST From: CallMeDoctorWorm@aol.com Subject: TMBG: State Songs Chords Message-ID: <16.8f45f64.27c07d43@aol.com> I'll make it short and sweet. Where can I get chords to State Songs? E-mail me or post to the list if you care. Just don't ignore this message like the rest of the ones I send out. ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 13:12:26 +1100 From: "*SUPER SPANGER*" Subject: TMBG: Twistid Message-ID: Just to add my little bit to this topic... I use and like twistid. Being from Australia it lets me have access to live and D-A-S TMBG stuff. Stuff I would other wise never get to hear. I dont like ripping off artists but when the material is not available to buy. Thats all Lyndy {sam} "You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same" -Unknown. _________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #38-18 ******************************