Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest, Volume 38, Number 22 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 38, Number 22 Thursday, 22 February 2001 Topics: Re: TMBG: Boss Of Me - in the UK! TMBG: Conan Rerun Re: TMBG: Conan Rerun TMBG: Off-topic: Shadowy Men bassist dies. Re: TMBG: Twistid Re: TMBG: Twistid TMBG: I want my TMBG DVD Re: TMBG: Twistid Re: TMBG: Twistid Re: TMBG: Twistid Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: ÁÁowner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. tmbg-list is compiled with Digest 3.7b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 09:10:45 +0000 From: "Richard Hilton" Subject: Re: TMBG: Boss Of Me - in the UK! Message-ID: Not being played on a radio station (as far as I am aware) but I now have my copy (via EBay). Bet it isn't the first copy in the UK but I'm happy enough just to have a copy. Richard ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 02:01:06 -0800 From: "Erich" Subject: TMBG: Conan Rerun Message-ID: <001601c09bed$356f1280$ea4d0041@sttln1.wa.home.com> When will they show the early morning rerun of Conan? (the Older performance) is it like a week or what? Erich ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 04:59:33 EST From: Kaylum@aol.com Subject: Re: TMBG: Conan Rerun Message-ID: <60.bce5257.27c4eb85@aol.com> It should be this Thursday night/Friday morning at about 3:05am est. Kay ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 11:46:59 -0800 (PST) From: Mysterio Gal Subject: Re: TMBG: Twistid Message-ID: <20010221194659.90603.qmail@web12101.mail.yahoo.com> I apologize for the lateness of my reply, because I am quite insane I.E. I have joined a total of 5 e-mail lists, at the same time I decided to buy The SIMS and well... Ok, I just HAD to add my 2 cents here. I dicovered TMBG through an audio tape bootleg of Flood. It was because of this bootleg that I went out and bought every album (including Flood) I could get my grubby little hands on, except EP's because I have a lot of bad luck find those very temporary items, and I'm surrounded by stores who usually don't carry TMBG EP's. Though I did get a few that are still availble. Here's my point, this MP3 thing is just about as dangerous as good old fashioned cassette tapes, it's just a new medium that is causing a scare during the adjustment period. Oh, and someone wrote that the Johns "complained" about fans knowing the lyrics to the unreleased song. To me, they didn't seem upset, but rather, amused. Okay i'm done <> ===== Mysterio Gal "Tit'num. Nippler -- Nibplern -- nippblelen -- in my tit." --A drunken Cyclops explains to Wolvie that he's not the only guy with hard metal in his body--Liquid Sunshine mr_realgal@yahoo.com Home Page: http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Yahoo! Auctions - Buy the things you want at great prices! http://auctions.yahoo.com/ ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 16:58:36 EST From: BethJE@aol.com Subject: Re: TMBG: Twistid Message-ID: Mysterio Gal: > I apologize for the lateness of my reply, because I am > quite insane My reply is late, because I'm lazy. > Here's my point, this MP3 thing is just about as > dangerous as good old fashioned cassette tapes, I agree with that. I'm really curious as to how many of the people out there who are *against* Twistid *already have* all these hard to find EPs. It's really easy to condemn the site, when you're in that position, no? It seems kinda unlikely that there's a guy out there who's thinking, "gee, I'd LOVE to hear "Cabbagetown," but I will not patronize Twistid. I'll just wait til the EP falls into my hands, even if I must wait 100 years!" Now, as far as I know, the S-E-X-X-Y and Back to Skull EPs are still fairly easy to get, so those B sides probably shouldn't be on the site. On the other hand, stuff from the Guitar and I Palindrome I EPs *are* hard to find, so IMO it's fine and good that they're on the site. And one last thing, I think that the people who use Twistid, people who are on the lookout for "rare" tracks, *are* the kind of people who'd be happy to lay down the money down the money for the actual CDs, *if* they could find them. Okay, that's all. Bye bye. Beth ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 17:31:27 -0600 From: "Jay G." Subject: TMBG: I want my TMBG DVD Message-ID: <971j9d$2d1h$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org "Jason Fickley" wrote in message news:200102181909.OAA45306@f05n15.cac.psu.edu... > I did, of course, spell Elektra wrong. I apologize for the inconveenyance. > > On a side note, wouldn't it be awesome for TMBG to release Direct From > Brooklyn on DVD with the Boss of Me video and a commentary track with the > Johns? I want not only that, but the video for "Older" and the other Brave New World videos, as well as the Kablaam! videos, the Flood and Apollo 18 promos, TV appearences, and anything else they can cram onto it. -Jay ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 21:04:26 -0600 From: "James & Kimberly Mohan" Subject: Re: TMBG: Twistid Message-ID: <3A9481BA.194C41B1@uswest.net> > I'm really curious as to how many of the people out there who are *against* > Twistid *already have* all these hard to find EPs. It's really easy to > condemn the site, when you're in that position, no? It seems kinda unlikely > that there's a guy out there who's thinking, "gee, I'd LOVE to hear > "Cabbagetown," but I will not patronize Twistid. I'll just wait til the EP > falls into my hands, even if I must wait 100 years!" Now, as far as I know, > the S-E-X-X-Y and Back to Skull EPs are still fairly easy to get, so those B > sides probably shouldn't be on the site. On the other hand, stuff from the > Guitar and I Palindrome I EPs *are* hard to find, so IMO it's fine and good > that they're on the site. And one last thing, I think that the people who use > Twistid, people who are on the lookout for "rare" tracks, *are* the kind of > people who'd be happy to lay down the money down the money for the actual > CDs, *if* they could find them. I like twistid... I may have I Palindrome I & Istanbul CD-EPs, and (She was a) Hotel Detective & I'll Need a Crane EPs on vinyl, but I want the other stuff too... I got the Tribute there...where else would I get that? Since I haven't found the other EPs @ the record stores, or @ a resonable price on ebay, I would much rather have them to hear and burn to CD. If it weren't for sites like twistid, I don't know if I'd ever get to listen to Their Coke Ad, or any of the other rarities found there. Enough for now.. > > > Okay, that's all. Bye bye. > > Beth ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 22:05:25 -0500 From: "Jon" Subject: Re: TMBG: Twistid Message-ID: <000601c09c7c$4ea221e0$10450241@wall1.pa.home.com> "I like twistid...I got the Tribute there...where else would I get that?" Uhhh, maybe by BUYING it? If the 'Tribute' you are refering to is not what I think it is (We Might Be Giants Too) than I apologize for my smart ass comment. Otherwise, well, my reply stands. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 21:39:52 -0600 From: "James & Kimberly Mohan" Subject: Re: TMBG: Twistid Message-ID: <3A948A08.E39C7F74@uswest.net> > I'm really curious as to how many of the people out there who are *against* > Twistid *already have* all these hard to find EPs. It's really easy to > condemn the site, when you're in that position, no? It seems kinda unlikely > that there's a guy out there who's thinking, "gee, I'd LOVE to hear > "Cabbagetown," but I will not patronize Twistid. I'll just wait til the EP > falls into my hands, even if I must wait 100 years!" Now, as far as I know, > the S-E-X-X-Y and Back to Skull EPs are still fairly easy to get, so those B > sides probably shouldn't be on the site. On the other hand, stuff from the > Guitar and I Palindrome I EPs *are* hard to find, so IMO it's fine and good > that they're on the site. And one last thing, I think that the people who use > Twistid, people who are on the lookout for "rare" tracks, *are* the kind of > people who'd be happy to lay down the money down the money for the actual > CDs, *if* they could find them. I like twistid... I may have I Palindrome I & Istanbul CD-EPs, and (She was a) Hotel Detective & I'll Need a Crane EPs on vinyl, but I want the other stuff too... I got the Tribute there...where else would I get that? Since I haven't found the other EPs at the record stores, or at a resonable price on ebay, I would much rather have them to hear and burn to CD. If it weren't for sites like twistid, I don't know if I'd ever get to listen to Their Coke Ad, Welcome to the Jungle, the MANCOW bits, or any of the other rarities found there or other similar sites. Enough for now.. 'Welcome to the Jungle' Jim Mohan > > > Okay, that's all. Bye bye. > > Beth ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #38-22 ******************************