Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest, Volume 38, Number 8 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 38, Number 8 Thursday, 8 February 2001 Topics: TMBG: Glittery Suits! TMBG: Kilbourne? Re: TMBG: Glittery Suits! TMBG: CHANNEL 1 Re: TMBG: Kilbourne? TMBG: TMBG, Review of Hollywood House of Blues, feb 2nd. [warning: LONG] Re: TMBG: TMBG, Review of Hollywood House of Blues, feb 2nd. [warning: LONG] TMBG: MTV2 Re: TMBG: The Malcolm Soundtrack Re: TMBG: TMBG, Review of Hollywood House of Blues, feb 2nd. [warning: LONG] TMBG: New concert date: 4/15/01 in New Orleans TMBG: Re: Glittery Suits! Re: TMBG: TMBG, Review of Hollywood House of Blues, feb 2nd. [warning: LONG] Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: ÁÁowner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. tmbg-list is compiled with Digest 3.7b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 02:30:03 -0800 From: "Erich Cannon" Subject: TMBG: Glittery Suits! Message-ID: Those suits were extra cool. Dan Miller with no hat was different though he freakin wails on that solo and I love it. Anyone know where i can get a Dan Miller hat??? I want one bad. They should sell them at the tmbg store. Dan Miller Hat, Flans glasses, Linnell orange tee. Suits, glittery suits. I'd buy. Whats the deal with the sound mixers???? If they are so professional why do they suck?? There's two people singing guys why do I only hear one? When they were on conan the harmonies were perfectly mixed now without the pushing up the slider just a little more on mic linnell then maybe we'd actually hear him. I suppose these sound mixers are just not concert mixers but more on the tv knowledge side of sound. Oh Well, hope the Malcolm album sells well. there were only three at Wherehouse today and the display above was empty excpet the display card, selling fast or lack of stock I dont know. WHY ISNT THE VIDEO ANYWHERE???? not even VH1. Erich ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 08:13:57 -0500 (EST) From: Jenn Scagel Subject: TMBG: Kilbourne? Message-ID: TMBG is going to be on KIlbourne? When, and what time is it on these days? I missed Leno! :( Jenn -- ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I don't want the worldÁÁ ÁÁÁÁÁÁJenn Scagel I just want your halfÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁ =^. .^= ÁÁ -TMBGÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁÁ Meow! ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 08:20:38 EST From: LimeZinger@aol.com Subject: Re: TMBG: Glittery Suits! Message-ID: <93.691d26f.27b2a5a6@aol.com> In a message dated 2/7/01 6:25:50 AM, mrminiwheat60@hotmail.com writes: >Whats the deal with the sound mixers???? If they are so professional why >do > >they suck?? There's two people singing guys why do I only hear one? When > >they were on conan the harmonies were perfectly mixed now without the > >pushing up the slider just a little more on mic linnell then maybe we'd > >actually hear him. I suppose these sound mixers are just not concert mixers > >but more on the tv knowledge side of sound. hmm.. but it doesn't take a genius to mix it properly. twice now, that's kind of odd. maybe linnell has sore throat or a bum mic or something? >WHY ISNT THE VIDEO ANYWHERE???? not even VH1. m2 has played it. aw, yeah. sarah http://brazen.org/starcookie "if you're like me: you hate other people.." - vance degeneres, the daily show ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 12:54:19 EST From: DrSaxx@aol.com Subject: TMBG: CHANNEL 1 Message-ID: I was just in math about 30 min ago and on this student news thing called channel 1, they played Boss of Me in the ending credits!!! Harlan Muir TMBG Ambassador of Iowa DrSaxx@aol.com ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 13:23:23 EST From: Kaylum@aol.com Subject: Re: TMBG: Kilbourne? Message-ID: In a message dated 2/7/2001 8:16:28 AM Eastern Standard Time, jmsca@conncoll.edu writes: > TMBG is going to be on KIlbourne? When, and what time is it on these days? > I missed Leno! :( > > Jenn > > Sorry, they were on Kilborn last night :( But their appearance on Leno > will be repeated next week, Monday on the "late" showing (about 3:30 am > here on the East Coast). Check your local listings, though, not all NBC > stations may show it. Hope that helps! > > ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 14:58:48 -0500 (EST) From: Matt James Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG, Review of Hollywood House of Blues, feb 2nd. Message-ID: <200102071958.OAA22453@fellspt.charm.net> [warning: LONG] Hi Dan, "Maybe I Know" is the name of the cover song by Leslie Gore (I think?) and TMBG recorded it on their mp3-only _Long Tall Weekend_ album they released through E-music. It's a great song and the album is worth downloading if only for perhaps 2 of the best TMBG songs ever written, _Reprehensible_ and _Certain People I Could Name_. Check it, like, totally out! -Matt ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 15:23:45 -0500 From: "Jon" Subject: TMBG: MTV2 Message-ID: <002401c0907a$b5dad040$10450241@wall1.pa.home.com> Just saw boss of me on MTV2 at 3:00. It's very strange to watch a Madonna video, a TMBG video, and then a Creed video. They just don't seem to fit in...at all. Oh, and check out a song by Supergrass called "Alright". They're a great band from the UK. Jon P.S.-I promise to not make any more shameless plugs for bands I like... ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 22:15:32 -0000 From: "Timothy Alfalfa" Subject: Re: TMBG: The Malcolm Soundtrack Message-ID: Gegatron: >Did anyone else have trouble finding the Malcolm soundtrack today? I went >to >four different places an no one had it. >Also wasn't the dust bros. song on the cd supposed to be "The Malcolm Mix"? >Maybe they'll save that for the cd single (it sounds like it could very >easily be the dust bros remix of boss of me). So there's going to be a commercial single? Or are you just hoping? >If this is true it would hold >up the tradition of Most all TMBG singles having a remix of one of their >songs on it. Too bad older is the LTW version. I could have sworn that >they once said they rerecorded that song for their next album. Well, maybe a different version will appear on the next regular album (Unreliable Narrator, or whatever they're calling it now). I can't see why they'd put "Older" on three different releases, but it's a possibility. Are "Boss Of Me" and "Older" the only TMBG songs on the album? If so, it's annoying that we're only get two TMBG songs (one of which had already been released), when we were told there would be three. What the hell does "Older" have to do with "Malcolm in the Middle," anyway? Oh, and are any of the non-TMBG songs on the soundtrack any good? -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 22:27:28 -0000 From: "Timothy Alfalfa" Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG, Review of Hollywood House of Blues, feb 2nd. Message-ID: [warning: LONG] Dan Tappan: >The Drummer (does anyone know his name, he's >REALLY good) played a drum riff on the high bongo, and then one on the low >bongo, and let the audience pick the better. The drummer's name is Dan Hickey. >11. I don't know the name of this song... they said it was a cover of a >song >written by Ellie Grange and performed by Leslie Gordon. The chorus was >"Maybe I know that she's been cheating, >Maybe I know that she's been untrue, >But what Can I do" >I assume it's called "What Can I Do?" or something like that, but does >anyone Know? It's called "Maybe I Know," and it was written by Elie Grenich, and originally sung by Leslie "It's my party, and I'll cry if I want to" Gore. >12. "Pet Name", the first Factory Showroom song of the night. Loved it. Really? I don't think they've played that one much recently. >14. I don't know the name of this one either, the chorus was along the >lines >of "Now you're Older, time is marching on" Anyone Know? The song is simply called "Older" (well, usually; I've seen occasional variations on that), and it appears on Long Tall Weekend, as well as on the recently-released "Malcolm in the Middle" soundtrack. -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 17:32:32 -0500 From: "The Demonic Kangaroo" Subject: TMBG: New concert date: 4/15/01 in New Orleans Message-ID: <95sij0$53s$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org According to pollstar.com, TMBG has scheduled a show at the Marriott Hotel in New Orleans, LA on 4/15/01. -Mike ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 17:35:44 -0500 From: "The Demonic Kangaroo" Subject: TMBG: Re: Glittery Suits! Message-ID: <95sip0$5i2$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Of course there is no way to be sure, but it seems like that they simply changed the title of "The Malcolm Mix" to "I Just Don't Care". If you listen to the song, you'll notice that "The Malcolm Mix" is a very appropriate title for the track. -Mike wrote in message news:b7.b413c90.27b248a0@aol.com... > Also wasn't the dust bros. song on the cd supposed to be "The Malcolm Mix"? ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 21:40:36 EST From: HallOfEyes@aol.com Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG, Review of Hollywood House of Blues, feb 2nd. Message-ID: [warning: LONG] In a message dated 2/7/01 11:50:44 AM Pacific Standard Time, dw@ucla.edu writes: << 25. "Hotel Detective" was fantastic! I never thought they would play this but they did, and Flans on the slide guitar was great! << Do you mean "She's An Angel"? The idea of them playing Hotel Detective is bizarre, especially with a slide guitar. Though if they really did...well...more power to them. Jordan ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #38-8 *****************************