Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest, Volume 38, Number 9 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 38, Number 9 Friday, 9 February 2001 Topics: TMBG: GET ME SOMETHING TO WRITE ON! Re: TMBG: TMBG, Review of Hollywood House of Blues, feb 2nd. [warning: LONG] TMBG: TMBCartoonz Re: TMBG: The Malcolm Soundtrack TMBG: Sapphire Bullets t-shirts Re:TMBG: Sapphire Bullets t-shirts TMBG: Correction to the House of Blues show review... TMBG: BoM on BBR TMBG: She's an Angel TMBG: Taco Bell Re: TMBG: BoM on BBR Re: TMBG: Taco Bell Re: TMBG: Taco Bell Re[2]: TMBG: Taco Bell Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: ÁÁowner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. tmbg-list is compiled with Digest 3.7b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 02:31:35 EST From: PRMega@aol.com Subject: TMBG: GET ME SOMETHING TO WRITE ON! Message-ID: If anyone cares, I uploaded a couple of songs from the PODAS tape to twistid, including "Birdhouse In Your Soul" w/ alternate lyrics, "We Love All The People", "The Writings On The Wall", and "Hiya", as well as "The Sun Is On Fire". They're now up for your listening pleasure. Enjoy. PR Mega ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 02:53:46 EST From: MikeTheGiant@aol.com Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG, Review of Hollywood House of Blues, feb 2nd. Message-ID: <99.1066da45.27b3aa8a@aol.com> [warning: LONG] In a message dated 2/7/01 2:50:44 PM Eastern Standard Time, dw@ucla.edu writes: << The opener took the stage just after 9:00. the band was "OkGo" (pronounced as two words) from Chicago. I got the impression that everybody liked them, they had a pretty fresh style, and they closed with "Hold the Line" by Toto. I bought their three track demo CD for three dollars.. All three of the songs on the CD were played during the show. It's good, but they were better live (duh.) >> If you people haven't seen OkGo yet, I suggest that you do. I saw them open for Them in November at the Recher Theatre in Towson, Maryland. OkGo is a really cool band, and all the guys in the band are extremely nice. (After the show, I talked to them for quite sometime while they were signing autographs.) Mike Stabile "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 23:54:00 -0800 (PST) From: Mysterio Gal Subject: TMBG: TMBCartoonz Message-ID: <20010208075400.31912.qmail@web12102.mail.yahoo.com> Hey all, Feeling inspired by that old fav, I am not your broom (I have to go watch every so often to prevent TMBG withdrawl) I did this cartoon I'm feeling quite proud of http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871/pix/broom.jpg Tell me what ya think ===== Mysterio Gal "Tit'num. Nippler -- Nibplern -- nippblelen -- in my tit." --A drunken Cyclops explains to Wolvie that he's not the only guy with hard metal in his body--Liquid Sunshine mr_realgal@yahoo.com Home Page: http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Get personalized email addresses from Yahoo! Mail - only $35 a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/ ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 02:58:33 EST From: MikeTheGiant@aol.com Subject: Re: TMBG: The Malcolm Soundtrack Message-ID: <3c.72faa02.27b3aba9@aol.com> In a message dated 2/7/01 5:18:03 PM Eastern Standard Time, xornom@hotmail.com writes: << >Did anyone else have trouble finding the Malcolm soundtrack today? I went >to >four different places an no one had it. >Also wasn't the dust bros. song on the cd supposed to be "The Malcolm Mix"? >Maybe they'll save that for the cd single (it sounds like it could very >easily be the dust bros remix of boss of me). >> I saw The Dust Brothers song on the soundtrack, but I completely forgot what it's called. I have yet to buy the cd, but I will next Tuesday when I get paid. Mike Stabile "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 10:48:13 -0500 From: "Bryce" Subject: TMBG: Sapphire Bullets t-shirts Message-ID: <95uf6r$1qu0$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Apologies to those who've already seen this on news:alt.music.tmbg ... I'm going to have some concert t-shirts made for Sapphire Bullets, the only TMBG tribute band that matters. Here's the design for the front: http://members.aol.com/brycegh/sb.front.gif And here's the tenative design for the back (the Syracuse venue names might change to fictional ones, I'm not sure): http://members.aol.com/brycegh/sb.back.gif I'm not yet sure whether the shirt itself will be the blue color shown, or if the blue will be a background field printed on a shirt of a different color, such as black. If you're interested in getting one with me, let me know what size, and I'll try and to send you more information (like estimated time of arrival and exact price per shirt) next week. Bryce ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 11:07:00 -0500 From: Subject: Re:TMBG: Sapphire Bullets t-shirts Message-ID: <0102089816.AA981648423@smtplink.sterl.com> Bryce pulls off another one !! Nice designs, Bryce, and they'll look especially splendiferous on black, if you're soliciting opinions. If you do decide to go with fictitious venues for Syracuse, you should at least keep the Dinosaur BBQ (unless that's a joke, in which case... um... keep it anyway) I'll be ordering a few, thats fer damsure. Really rockin idea, Bryce !! Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ____________________Reply Separator____________________ Subject: TMBG: Sapphire Bullets t-shirts Author: "Bryce" Date: 02/08/01 10:48 AM Apologies to those who've already seen this on news:alt.music.tmbg ... I'm going to have some concert t-shirts made for Sapphire Bullets, the only TMBG tribute band that matters. Here's the design for the front: http://members.aol.com/brycegh/sb.front.gif And here's the tenative design for the back (the Syracuse venue names might change to fictional ones, I'm not sure): http://members.aol.com/brycegh/sb.back.gif I'm not yet sure whether the shirt itself will be the blue color shown, or if the blue will be a background field printed on a shirt of a different color, such as black. If you're interested in getting one with me, let me know what size, and I'll try and to send you more information (like estimated time of arrival and exact price per shirt) next week. Bryce ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 10:05:15 -0800 From: Dan Tappan Subject: TMBG: Correction to the House of Blues show review... Message-ID: Hey Folks.. Sorry! Song 25 on the playlist was not Hotel Detective, it was She's an Angel, as a few of you have pointed out. Hotel detective was the song that was running through my head while I was writing that e-mail, so it was just a Freudian slip. My little notebook even says "She's An Angel, w/ slide guitar". Thanks to those who pointed this out to me. :) silly me! dt ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it through not dying." - Woody Allen "I have found little that is good about human beings. In my experience most of them, on the whole, are trash." - Sigmund Freud "The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 13:01:13 -0500 From: Jason Fickley Subject: TMBG: BoM on BBR Message-ID: <200102081801.NAA35590@f05n15.cac.psu.edu> hey all, Just wanted to give the heads up that Boss of Me is now in the rotation of Best Buy Radio. It's a big deal for me because I work at Best Buy and BBR's rotation consists of about 15 songs on a loop. Now, in addition to O-Town and other artistic geniuses :( I can hear Boss of Me a million times every shift :) --Jason-- ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 13:12:18 EST From: MikeTheGiant@aol.com Subject: TMBG: She's an Angel Message-ID: <4d.72f096d.27b43b82@aol.com> Why do They play this song at almost every show, yet when I go to see Them, They don't? This is my favorite TMBG song, and I've heard it once out of three shows. Mike Stabile "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 13:15:04 EST From: MikeTheGiant@aol.com Subject: TMBG: Taco Bell Message-ID: Last night while I was closing Taco Bell, (I'm a manager with the joy of closing almost every night) I heard BoM on the Musak system. I was so ecstatic. The other guy closing just stared at me dancing and carrying on. I told him who it was, and had never heard of Them. So I'm taking my CD player to work tonight to show him. Mike Stabile "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.' " - George Carlin ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 14:00:54 -0500 From: "Amy :)" Subject: Re: TMBG: BoM on BBR Message-ID: Jason Fickley, Best Buy Worker, reported: >Just wanted to give the heads up that Boss of Me is now in the rotation >of >Best Buy Radio. That reminds me, I was at an AMC movie theatre the other day, and I heard Boss of Me in the lobby. I didn't even realize it at first, then as I was walking back into the actual theatre part, it hit me. Now if only I could remember to actually catch them when they're on TV, I'd be happily overwhelmed with TMBG :) ****************************************************