Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest, Volume 39, Number 23 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 39, Number 23 Friday, 23 March 2001 Topics: TMBG: Oberlin Re: TMBG: Oberlin TMBG: more on gigantic and bonfire films TMBG: FLORIDA SHOW Re: TMBG: FLORIDA SHOW TMBG: Re: more on gigantic and bonfire films TMBG: RE: FLORIDA SHOW Re: TMBG: RE: FLORIDA SHOW TMBG: Interview with Flans in my local paper! McSweeny's, Malcolm, mainstrea Re: TMBG: Interview with Flans in my local paper! McSweeny's, Malcolm, mains TMBG: Re: Oblongs TMBG: The Nail in the Oblong Coffin TMBG: www.theymightbegiants.com TMBG: Re: FLORIDA SHOW TMBG: Re: FLORIDA SHOW Re: TMBG: www.theymightbegiants.com TMBG: TMBG Unlimited Access--or No TMBG: Re: TMBG Unlimited Access--or No TMBG: Re: TMBG Unlimited Access--or No TMBG: Re: FLORIDA SHOW Re: TMBG: TMBG Unlimited Access--or No Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: ÁÁowner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. tmbg-list is compiled with Digest 3.7b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 09:52:26 -0500 From: "Jen Childs" Subject: TMBG: Oberlin Message-ID: <001201c0b2df$b6a85470$46000a0a@raven> So, who's going to the Oberlin show? I'll be leading a caravan from Cleveland Heights, an hour away, so if anyone needs a ride (or even crash space) we could probably provide... Last time (1998) my group totaled 25, but I expect significantly fewer this time. ÁÁ- Jen (SpiderEyes) ---------------- I met this wonderful girl at Macy's. She was buying clothes and I was putting Slinkies on the escalator. ÁÁ- Steven Wright ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 10:49:59 -0500 From: "Amy :)" Subject: Re: TMBG: Oberlin Message-ID: Jen wrote: So, who's going to the Oberlin show? ********************** AARGH! They finally come to Ohio and it's on a Saturday after I start working weekends! I can only hope that they'll hit the other hot spots while they're here, namely Columbus. Amy, already plotting to get someone to switch with her.... :) _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 11:45:58 EST From: Gegatron@aol.com Subject: TMBG: more on gigantic and bonfire films Message-ID: I was curious to learn more about bonfire films (the production company doing the TMBG documentary) so i ran a search on them. i found this little blurb on a sight listing production companys for creating music videos: Email: bonfirela@aol.com Executive Producers: Shirley Moyers, A.J. Schnack Directors: John Bruce, Chris Burns, Piper Ferguson, John Flansburgh, Steven Murashige, Jay Papke, Marcos Siega Sales Representative: John McGinnis Did anybody else know that Flansburgh has been employed by the same production company shooting a documentary about him? So i guess all of flansburgh's videos have been through bonfire. Wacky! ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 14:31:18 -0500 From: "andrew blase" Subject: TMBG: FLORIDA SHOW Message-ID: Anyone going to the Florida show? _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 14:57:03 EST From: Kaylum@aol.com Subject: Re: TMBG: FLORIDA SHOW Message-ID: Which one? There are 5 of 'em! I'm going to the St. Pete and Ft. Lauderdale ones. Anyone else? Kay ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 16:14:07 -0500 From: "andrew blase" Subject: TMBG: RE: FLORIDA SHOW Message-ID: Any of them. I went to their MD shows and they said that their sampler won't be available until their Florida shows. I was hoping someone could pick one up for me. _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 16:28:37 EST From: Kaylum@aol.com Subject: Re: TMBG: RE: FLORIDA SHOW Message-ID: I've been told that the discs are still at the printers and may not be available until next week, too late for the Fla shows :( Kay ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 16:53:44 EST From: Vazco@aol.com Subject: Re: TMBG: Interview with Flans in my local paper! McSweeny's, Message-ID: Malcolm, mainstream, & more K: huge thanks for typing that whole story so we could all read it...You Rule!! Mario ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 14:30:11 -0800 (PST) From: Nicole Carlson Subject: TMBG: Re: Oblongs Message-ID: On Thu, 22 Mar 2001 owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org wrote: > Que "buttknobs"? Must have been before my time, I'd love to catch up.... > Karin H Buttknobs suck! --nicole "lactose intolerant" wonder nerd *** "If you decided to sell your happiness, for how much would you sell it?" --Moxy Fruvous Visit Nicolopolis! http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu ana.ng@tmbg.org carlsonn@seclab.cs.ucdavis.edu ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 15:16:01 -0800 From: "Jody Beth Rosen" Subject: TMBG: The Nail in the Oblong Coffin Message-ID: Thank you. You know folks, when I was a kid, I was pretty close to my grandmother and she used to sing a song to me when I was about this high. It always meant something to me and I'd like to do it for you right now because it does have meaning in today's world even . . . all these years, you know those, even during the "hip drug days" you know when everybody was supposed to be so cool and everything had double meanings and this little simple tune would keep coming back to me and I think it kinda guided me through those years and I'd like to do this song for you right now, I think it might have a little meaning for you, so here it goes. Be courteous, kind and forgiving, Be gentle and peaceful each day, Be warm and human and grateful, And have a good thing to say. Be thoughtful and trustful and childlike, Be witty and happy and wise, Be honest and love all your neighbours, Be obsequious, purple, and clairvoyant. Be pompus, obese, and eat cactus, Be dull, and boring, and omnipresent, Criticize things you don't know about, Be oblong and have your knees removed. Be tasteless, rude, and offensive, Live in a swamp and be three dimentional, Put a live chicken in your underwear, Get all excited and go to a yawning festival. O.K. everybody! Be courteous, kind and forgiving, Be gentle and peaceful each day, Be warm and human and grateful, And have a good thing to say. Be thoughtful and trustful and childlike, (O.K. everybody on this!) Be witty and happy and wise, Be honest and love all your neighbours, Be obsequious, purple, and clairvoyant. (Let 'em hear you outside!) Be pompus, obese, and eat cactus, (Everybody sing!) Be dull, and boring, and omnipresent, Criticize things you don't know about, Be oblong and have your knees removed. (Ladies only) Be tasteless, rude, and offensive, (Now the men) Live in a swamp and be three dimentional, (Everybody) Put a live chicken in your underwear, Go into a closet and suck eggs. --Steve Martin Grandmother's Song from Lets Get Small Warner Bros. Records, 1977 _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 18:27:56 -0500 From: "Jon" Subject: TMBG: www.theymightbegiants.com Message-ID: <002b01c0b327$ba397cc0$10450241@wall1.pa.home.com> www.theymightbegiants.com seems to be malfunctioning! Is there something up with this site? for the past few days whenever I have tried to access it the site has not loaded. Maybe it's just me... Jon ~"For the first time, in that night alive with signs and stars, I opened myself to the gentle indifference of the world."~ Albert Camus ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 17:45:48 -0800 From: "NetGuy" Subject: TMBG: Re: FLORIDA SHOW Message-ID: <99e2rp$2du0$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org ....... ditto :) andrew blase wrote in message news:F79uSNGDQ6on7gz3FB10000c3a7@hotmail.com... > Any of them. I went to their MD shows and they said that their sampler > won't be available until their Florida shows. I was hoping someone could > pick one up for me. -- "Dude! You can NOT move a pawn that way!" - NetGuy ICQ: 41184142 Aol: geonetguy7 Yahoo: The_netguy MSN: The_netguy@hotmail.com ~;~ : New Design!! http://home.talkcity.com/ChaplinCt/the_netguy/ Official a.r.t site: NEWLY REMODELED!! http://members.xoom.com/Government_C/alt_romance_teen.htm http://alt.romance.teen2.welcome.to/ Slacker-in-chief, CraZine "I should be allowed to blurt the merest idea If by random whim one occurs to me, but sadly this can never be... I am not allowed to think.." -- J. Linnell "Baby check this out I've got something to say, but it's so loud in here! When they stop the drum machine and I can think again, I'll remember what it was" -- J. Linnell ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 19:05:37 -0500 From: scratch Subject: TMBG: Re: FLORIDA SHOW Message-ID: <3ABA9351.91B64309@the-pentagon.com> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org One word and that whole sig... nice balance there. -scratch NetGuy wrote: > > ....... ditto :) > > andrew blase wrote in message > news:F79uSNGDQ6on7gz3FB10000c3a7@hotmail.com... > > Any of them. I went to their MD shows and they said that their sampler > > won't be available until their Florida shows. I was hoping someone could > > pick one up for me. ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 17:39:10 -0500 From: "K.C." Subject: Re: TMBG: www.theymightbegiants.com Message-ID: <3ABA96C6.7769@bgnet.bgsu.edu> I have no idea what's up with the site, but it keeps telling the document has no data. So you're not alone, all by yourself... -K.C. ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 18:35:59 -0600 From: TOM J ACQUISTO Subject: TMBG: TMBG Unlimited Access--or No Message-ID: <20010322.183600.-905047.0.TOMACQUISTO@juno.com> I think it's perfectly fine to post mp3s of past TMBG Unlimited issues on web sites and to burn and distribute copies on ebay. They aren't available anywhere at this point just like all the stuff on xoomingto/tmbg.com. Emusic isn't making them available. Why not put them on ebay for sale and donate ten bucks to the starving executives at the emusic.com corporation. Isn't everyone happy then? or is Everyone that's right, wrong again, just like in the oblong trailer? nick ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 19:35:33 -0500 From: "Tim Clark" Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG Unlimited Access--or No Message-ID: <003601c0b331$2c766560$150c97ce@tim2> Well, then why would you sign up with TMBG-U at all? Why wouldn't you just wait until it's not available anymore and then go, "WELP! It's not availble. Guess I'll burn it to CD now!" ?? -Tim ----- Original Message ----- From: "TOM J ACQUISTO" > I think it's perfectly fine to post mp3s of past TMBG Unlimited issues on > web sites and to burn and distribute copies on ebay. They aren't > available anywhere at this point just like all the stuff on > xoomingto/tmbg.com. Emusic isn't making them available. > Why not put them on ebay for sale and donate ten bucks to the starving > executives at the emusic.com corporation. Isn't everyone happy then? > or is > Everyone that's right, wrong again, just like in the oblong trailer? > > nick ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 19:40:47 -0500 From: "The Demonic Kangaroo" Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG Unlimited Access--or No Message-ID: <99e69s$2hm6$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org You're wrong, there are many studio MP3s on there that are still in print and available for sale. -Mike > They aren't available anywhere at this point just like all the stuff on xoomingto/tmbg.com. ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 19:04:10 -0800 From: "NetGuy" Subject: TMBG: Re: FLORIDA SHOW Message-ID: <99e7ee$2isb$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Please, enough.... do I complain about you? huh? Thought not...... scratch wrote in message news:3ABA9351.91B64309@the-pentagon.com... > One word and that whole sig... nice balance there. > -- "All of those people should be turned into pie" - NetGuy ICQ: 41184142 Aol: geonetguy7 Yahoo: The_netguy MSN: The_netguy@hotmail.com ~;~ : New Design! http://home.talkcity.com/ChaplinCt/the_netguy/ Official a.r.t site: http://alt.romance.teen2.welcome.to/ "Baby check this out I've got something to say, but it's so loud in here! When they stop the drum machine and I can think again, I'll remember what it was" - J. Linnell ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 18:50:10 -0700 (MST) From: Jicholas Wolf Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG Unlimited Access--or No Message-ID: Nope. ÁÁThe people at Emusic have indicated, even if it was only a slight hint, that they may make backissues available to the members who weren't able to get them originally. Patience is a virtue, they say. :) Wait for them, and if they make them available, the people can download them. If they decide they won't make them available, /then/ maybe it'd be acceptable. Just MHO. Signed, ÁÁNicholas Wolf ÁÁTMBG Ambassador to the State of New Mexico On Thu, 22 Mar 2001, TOM J ACQUISTO wrote: > I think it's perfectly fine to post mp3s of past TMBG Unlimited issues on > web sites and to burn and distribute copies on ebay. They aren't > available anywhere at this point just like all the stuff on > xoomingto/tmbg.com. Emusic isn't making them available. > Why not put them on ebay for sale and donate ten bucks to the starving > executives at the emusic.com corporation. Isn't everyone happy then? > or is > Everyone that's right, wrong again, just like in the oblong trailer? > > nick > ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #39-23 ******************************