Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest, Volume 39, Number 28 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 39, Number 28 Wednesday, 28 March 2001 Topics: Re: TMBG: OKGO Re: TMBG: Malcolm in the Middle on UK TV Re: TMBG: Malcolm in the Middle on UK TV TMBG: To See the Johns Re: NONTMBG: Stage Jumpers TMBG 3/24 and 3/25, 2001 Re[2]: Re[2]: TMBG: Re: Monsters of Mud TMBG: Fwd[3]:Amish Virus TMBG: ft lauderdale pictures TMBG: New Orleans show is a Private Party. TMBG: Re: TMBG: New shows TMBG: Late Night with Conan rerun! Re: TMBG: Late Night with Conan rerun! Re: TMBG: Late Night with Conan rerun! TMBG: McSweeny's #6 Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: ÁÁowner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. tmbg-list is compiled with Digest 3.7b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 01:12:56 -0800 From: "NetGuy" Subject: Re: TMBG: OKGO Message-ID: <99peho$97p$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org wrote in message news:64.c65860c.27f17147@aol.com... > In a message dated 3/26/01 10:39:04 PM Eastern Standard Time, > FrannyGlass42@aol.com writes: > > << i'm in Love with OKGO, we had a lovely chat post-show at the > I saw OKGO open for Them in October, and I loved their music. It's kinda I beleive they are from here... Two shows coming up, everyone seems to be happy.... hmmm -- "All of those people should be turned into pie" - NetGuy ~;~ : New Design! http://home.talkcity.com/ChaplinCt/the_netguy/ "Baby check this out I've got something to say, but it's so loud in here! When they stop the drum machine and I can think again, I'll remember what it was" - J. Linnell ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 09:46:37 +0100 From: "Richard Hilton" Subject: Re: TMBG: Malcolm in the Middle on UK TV Message-ID: Sitting at home watching the TV last night and this trailer came on for a forthcoming show and it turned out that BBC2 here in the UK will shortly start showing MITM. Apart from the great theme tune should I stay in to watch it? Richard ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 03:55:01 EST From: Fibrinolysis@aol.com Subject: Re: TMBG: Malcolm in the Middle on UK TV Message-ID: <55.131b1769.27f1af65@aol.com> Opinions vary, but I personally think it's a great show. You should at least check it out. Monique ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 08:11:01 -0500 From: tmbgirl@juno.com Subject: Re: NONTMBG: Stage Jumpers TMBG 3/24 and 3/25, 2001 Message-ID: <20010327.081103.-380681.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> Can I just share a similar experience? I saw Nerf Herder opening for the Bloodhound Gang in 1995. To this day, it remains one of the best shows of my life. Not only was Nerf Herder circa that era (and those band members) amazing, but so too was BHG strikingly good. We were at the height of the grunge scene so the show was pretty violent down in the pit, but everywhere else it was a laid-back calm atmosphere where people just came to dig the music and be entermused. I returned to Denver in May of last year (2000) the day before the exact same lineup took the stage at the exact same venue. Souped, because i remembered how much I liked the last show, some of my friends and I went... only to be completely shocked. The majority of the audience was 12 year old girls wearing the white-trash/ i'm a whore kind of outfits. I was so dissappointed. Of course the BHG dug it when all the underdeveloped 12 year olds were flashing them, throwing their AA bras on the stage. These people were just a completely different generation. I had no idea I'd be getting myself into it. The show was ultimately ruined by the high screeches of sooo many girls all at once, i just couldn't handle it. Anyway, after the show in 1995 my friend kevin left with three broken ribs, and my buds chrissy, erin, and I were very bruised. The only way anything like that would have happened was if i had even attempted to stand anywhere but the back, not keeping my distance from the kids - who knows what kind of fights would have broken out if i hadn't *grin* take it easy, j http://www.geocities.com/tmbgirl.geo/ On Mon, 26 Mar 2001 23:35:09 EST FreeMiniPops@aol.com writes: Geez, I hate people like that. Back in December, I went to see a band called Wheatus (yes, the "Teenage Dirtbag" guys... but they're much more than that) in concert. They're one of my favorite bands and they put on an excellent live show. But, the whole evening was almost ruined by all the snobby kids their. Because of the mainstream success of their song "Teenage Dirtbag," they ended up with alot of young, teeny bopper type fans ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 09:40:05 -0500 From: Subject: Re[2]: Re[2]: TMBG: Re: Monsters of Mud Message-ID: <0103279857.AA985704008@smtplink.sterl.com> >> >They saw the demand was there they offered it up >> >and those who are up for the taking? well allright! >> >> Somebody set up us the bomb. You have no chance to survive make your >time. > >Uhh, yeah. It's wearing out my welcome mat. Oh come on, Pol. It was a small, sub-referenced observation on the global nature of mangled grammar. This too shall pass. It's not like I'm gonna trade in my sig for "AYBABTU", fer cryin out loud. Karin H ** TAKE OFF EVERY ZIG ** (I'm joking.....) ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 09:51:02 -0500 From: Subject: TMBG: Fwd[3]:Amish Virus Message-ID: <0103279857.AA985704666@smtplink.sterl.com> ____________________Forward Header_____________________ Subject: Fwd[2]:Amish Virus Author: Maureen Hawa Date: 03/27/01 9:45 AM ____________________Forward Header_____________________ Subject: Fwd:Amish Virus Author: Tom Osterman Date: 03/27/01 9:41 AM ____________________Forward Header_____________________ Subject: Amish Virus Author: "Khan Jamil" Date: 3/26/01 10:02 AM Subject: Amish virus You have just received the Amish Virus. As we don't have any electricity, computers, or programming experience, this virus works on the honor system. Please delete all of the files from your hard drive and post this virus to other news groups. Thanks * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual entity to whom they are addressed. This communication may contain material protected by the attorney-client privilege. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying this e-mail or any file or files transmitted with it is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify Patrice Monaco by telephone at (212) 756-5591. You will be reimbursed for reasonable costs incurred in notifying us. * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 11:04:50 EST From: Vazco@aol.com Subject: TMBG: ft lauderdale pictures Message-ID: <40.95e6af0.27f21422@aol.com> for a limited time, I will have my pictures of the ft lauderdale show up at my yahoo photo almus http://photos.yahoo.com/vazco album name is TMBG:Ft Lauderdale Some of them are pretty cool! Let me know what you think! Mario ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 10:08:48 -0800 (PST) From: Vincent M Subject: TMBG: New Orleans show is a Private Party. Message-ID: <20010327180848.16832.qmail@web3001.mail.yahoo.com> Does anyone know who for or for what group? This sucks! Vincent ===== Guilt. Fear. Mass insanity. Three cheers for Christianity!! One good thing about music - when it hits you, you feel no pain. __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Get email at your own domain with Yahoo! Mail. http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/?.refer=text ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 23:25:29 -0000 From: "Eugene Jarvis" Subject: TMBG: Re: Message-ID: > >What you say?! > >-adam For great Justice, Take of Every Zig ---------------------------------------------------------- My Website: http://stalkingsarah.20m.com ---------------------------------------------------------- "I was gone for 14 days I could have been gone for more, ---------------- Held up in the intensive care ward "Serial Man" Lyin' on the floor. ---------------- Josh Buckland I was gone for all those days A.K.A "Eugene Jarvis" But I was not all aloan, --------------------- I made friends with alot of people In the danger zone.." -Alice Cooper _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 19:04:42 -0500 From: "Kristin ." Subject: TMBG: New shows Message-ID: I don't know which of these shows have been posted here, so I'll just post all that I know about... A few new ones popped up recently. Some are from pollstar.com and some are on ticketmaster.com. The one that caught my attention was Norfolk, VA this Saturday. You can get those tix on ticketmaster, btw. Woohoo! 3 shows in 3 cities in 3 days! (Winston Salem, Asheville, Norfolk) Lots of driving though.. *sigh* Any other dates out there? 3/27/01 Jacksonville, FL 3/28/01 Atlanta, GA 3/29/01 Winston Salem, NC 3/30/01 Asheville, NC 3/31/01 Norfolk, VA 4/14/01 Plainview, NY 4/17/01 New Haven, CT 4/18/01 Pittsburgh, PA 4/28/01 Worcester, MA 5/05/01 Oberlin, OH _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 22:07:31 EST From: Fibrinolysis@aol.com Subject: TMBG: Late Night with Conan rerun! Message-ID: According to The Late Night TV Page, the Conan episode with TMBG playing Older will be rerun on April 2nd. Hooray! Monique ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 22:13:58 EST From: Fibrinolysis@aol.com Subject: Re: TMBG: Late Night with Conan rerun! Message-ID: <81.8ca504e.27f2b0f6@aol.com> It's intended to be aired the night of April 2, so if your local station has it after midnight, it's the morning of April 3. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #39-28 ******************************