Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest, Volume 39, Number 3 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 39, Number 3 Saturday, 3 March 2001 Topics: TMBG: RE: tmbg-list Digest #39-2 Re:TMBG: T-Shirts TMBG: No label for No! Re: TMBG: New TMBG Unlimited poll: Name the next rock album! TMBG: Re: No label for No! TMBG: Re: New TMBG Unlimited poll: Name the next rock album! Re:TMBG: Re: No label for No! TMBG: Irving Plaza Flood Show Pics Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: ÁÁowner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. tmbg-list is compiled with Digest 3.7b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 07:05:35 -0500 From: Marcus B Subject: TMBG: RE: tmbg-list Digest #39-2 Message-ID: <01C0A2E7.74FDA960.marcusb@alltel.net> Actually, No! will be released on Restless.. that was announced a while back. -Marcus Brannon Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 11:58:53 EST From: PRMega@aol.com Subject: Re: TMBG: RE: TMBGU 3 Message-ID: <91.78b3cc0.27cfd9cd@aol.com> >Why would they do this? Why would they want to make >LESS money from it than possible? Do you really think >little kids will have a TMBG UnLtd subscription and >they'll buy No!? It's not really the best idea, but unless They can find a record label to release "No!" on, then They're having the Chopping Block design all of the wiggy features for the CD for nothing. PR Mega ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2001 09:20:29 -0500 From: Subject: Re:TMBG: T-Shirts Message-ID: <0103029835.AA983542834@smtplink.sterl.com> I think that's another bitchin idea for a shirt. Or a poster. Or wallpaper (desktop or real walls, I'm not picky...) If you ever get to the production stage, let us all know. Two TMBG t-shirts are Not one too many.... Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ____________________Reply Separator____________________ Subject: TMBG: T-Shirts Author: "Tim Clark" Date: 02/28/01 9:07 PM I thought a good idea for a t-shirt might be something like this: http://www.gocart.org/4horsemen/Image2.html Obviously, it needs a little more work with the song titles, but what do you think sirs? --TC ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2001 16:02:25 -0000 From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: TMBG: No label for No! Message-ID: Marcus Brannon: >Actually, No! will be released on Restless.. that was announced a while >back. If I recall correctly, the original announcement was that it would be released on Rounder. This was stated well over a year ago (before the release of State Songs, I think). Recent comments from the Johns have hinted that something has gone awry with this deal, however. Does anyone know the details? -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2001 16:10:58 -0000 From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: New TMBG Unlimited poll: Name the next rock album! Message-ID: TDK: >The new poll is up, and here are your six choices for the name of TMBG's >next rock album: I'm not subscribed to Unlimited, and can't vote, but I might as well throw in my two cents anyway. >Unreliable Narrator I like the name, but isn't it already the title for a song? And how come we haven't heard this song yet? >Enter Uh...no. I don't care too much for that one. >Our Name Is John Doesn't this sort of go against the idea that they "want people to pay attention to the music, not to the two guys making it"? Besides, their name has been John since the band started. Why use that title now? >Gigantor Wouldn't there be copyright problems with using this one? >Damage In Translation Pretty similar to "Unreliable Narrator" in concept, isn't it? Actually, if the song "Unreliable Narrator" is on the album, this might be a good title for the whole package. >Human Sacrifice Okay, but it sounds like it needs something else. Maybe "The Value of Human Sacrifice," like in the song? -- May the light shine upon thee, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/fablesto/ _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 11:16:08 -0500 From: "The Demonic Kangaroo" Subject: TMBG: Re: No label for No! Message-ID: <97oh1g$tp0$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Marcus, You are mistaken. TMBG did sign a new record deal with Restless last year but They are trying to get a seperate record deal for No! with a label that has experience selling kid's albums. Unfortunately, No! was dropped by Rounder sometime in October or November. At one of the Bowery shows in November, Flansburgh introduced the title track by saying something to the effect of that No! was the reason the album was dropped. I think he said, "Rounder couldn't handle it." At the show they did on 1/27/01 Flansburgh said they still had no label to release it on and if anyone in the audience knew someone from or Kid Rhino to meet them at the merchandise table after the show. It seems obvious that TMBG want to release the album with a company that knows how to market a children's abum, otherwise it would probably have been released already on Restless. The album is completely finished and there's a very rare promo floating around, but I'm told it has a "returnable upon request" label so if it goes up on Ebay auction or whatnot TMBG's management will request a return. -Mike "Marcus B" wrote in message news:01C0A2E7.74FDA960.marcusb@alltel.net... > Actually, No! will be released on Restless.. that was announced a while > back. > > -Marcus Brannon ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 11:23:32 -0500 From: "The Demonic Kangaroo" Subject: TMBG: Re: New TMBG Unlimited poll: Name the next rock album! Message-ID: <97ohfc$ua1$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org I don't know how I screwed that up, this choice is actually 'Our Name Is Called John'. -MIke "The Demonic Kangaroo" wrote > Our Name Is John ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2001 11:58:28 -0500 From: Subject: Re:TMBG: Re: No label for No! Message-ID: <0103029835.AA983552314@smtplink.sterl.com> Mike sez: >The album is completely finished and there's a very rare promo >floating around, but I'm told it has a "returnable upon request" label so if >it goes up on Ebay auction or whatnot TMBG's management will request a >return. How would someone who is not planning to put it up on Ebay go about getting a copy of a promo? Is it something that mere mortals could possibly acquire, or do you have to be a rep from a record co, or someone otherwise influential? I would personally love to be the holder of a rare TMBG promo. Caretaker for greatness, with humming privileges.... Karin H ** FREE THE EXPO 67 ** ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2001 01:27:22 -0500 From: Rachel Vecchitto Subject: TMBG: Irving Plaza Flood Show Pics Message-ID: <4.3.1.0.20010303012542.00a78e30@mail.rpi.edu> Hey guys - ÁÁI finally got around to posting my pics from the Irving Plaza Flood show on Jan. 27th. They're really nice, I think. Check 'em out at . :) Rachel ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #39-3 *****************************