Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest, Volume 40, Number 15 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 40, Number 15 Monday, 16 April 2001 Topics: TMBG: Screen capture site's ready. TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #40-14 Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #40-14 TMBG: Re: What is Everyone Staring At? TMBG: Re: tmbg-list U2 TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #40-14 Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: ÁÁowner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. tmbg-list is compiled with Digest 3.7b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 02:20:45 EDT From: Fibrinolysis@aol.com Subject: TMBG: Screen capture site's ready. Message-ID: <2b.13f585cf.280a97bd@aol.com> I just finished up the site! Here's the URL: http://members.aol.com/fibrinolysis/index.html It's really nothing much, but it should be compatible with all browsers, and that was one of my main goals. If you find any errors, please let me know. I think I checked every link, but I'm sure I had to have missed something. Also, I'm totally open to any suggestions about anything that you may have, so you can email me about that, too. And if there's ever a picture you'd like that you think I could get, you can request it and I'll try my best to put it up for you. Again, thank you very very very very much to everyone who replied to my first letter. I hope you like the site. (And I promise to never ever spam this list again.) Monique ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 03:50:27 EDT From: EmarZero@aol.com Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #40-14 Message-ID: I shouldn't really be arguing 'cause I dont really know what I'm talking about but didn't U2 get their name from some sort of document/form >why is U2 called U2? >> As far as I've ever heard, it came from the make of US spy plane piloted by Gary Powers, who was shot down and held captive by the Soviets for a while back in the 60's. Powers became something of a cause celebre at the time, and, while I'm not sure how old the guys in U2 are, but if they were at least ten-eleven at the time, theyd've heard about it, even in the UK/Ireland/wherever. -Hoop ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 11:22:43 +0100 From: "Richard Hilton" Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list U2 Message-ID: <000501c0c596$0477cbe0$b2149fd4@arnold> I thought that :- (1) the name came from the abbreviation of 'you too'. (2) the U2 was an American plane - not British! We have designed some excellent planes but not this one! Please see:- http://www.tjhsst.edu/ffair/lock/products/u20.htm to see how ugly it is/was! Happy Easter everyone. Richard > Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 09:04:45 EDT > From: MikeTheGiant@aol.com > Subject: Re: TMBG: & U2 > Message-ID: <65.12bb44e8.2809a4ef@aol.com> > > >why is U2 called U2? > > Actually, U2 got their name for the British bomber plane of the same name. > > Mike Stabile > ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 12:25:36 +0200 From: "Lior Gallimidi" Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #40-14 Message-ID: <9bbsvb$19va$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org I think that you are confusing them with UB40. -------- Lior Gallimidi *SUPER SPANGER* wrote > > I shouldn't really be arguing 'cause I dont really know what I'm talking > about but didn't U2 get their name from some sort of document/form (I think > it was an umemployment form {dole form})... Or maybe that was how they got > the name of one of their records... Like I said I dont really know but I'm > sure I heard that some place... > > Lyndy > > >why is U2 called U2? > > >>Actually, U2 got their name for the British bomber plane of the same name. > > > > "You laugh at me because I'm different. > I laugh at you because your all the same" > -Unknown. > > _________________________________________________________________________ > Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com. > ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #40-15 ******************************