Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest, Volume 40, Number 25 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 40, Number 25 Friday, 27 April 2001 Topics: TMBG: We Might Be Giants Too TMBG: Newsgirls? TMBG: Anyone bored? TMBG: Sapphire Bullets T-Shirts will be available at Monday's Bowery Ballroo Re: TMBG: Newsgirls? TMBG: Istanbul TMBG: dumb, but it mad my day... Re: TMBG: Newsgirls? TMBG: Re: Istanbul Administrivia: For all administrative issues, such as change of address, withdrawal from the list, etc., send a message to the following address: ÁÁowner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. tmbg-list is compiled with Digest 3.7b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 11:19:49 -0400 From: "Father Bingo" Subject: TMBG: We Might Be Giants Too Message-ID: <9c9ed0$ffd$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: Make Them Look Hello everybody. Mike from the We Might Be Giants Too TMBG tribute project here. Just wanted to let everyone know that we will be announcing a potential track listing sometime next week, complete with a voting tool on our web page so that you can vote for the tracks that you'd like to get on the CD. We're also working on some other extra cool stuff... I'll let you know when it's set. Meanwhile, if anyone has any questions at all about We Might Be Giants ... did we get your submission, can you still submit, who's your daddy ... please email me at the above address (take out the SPAMBLOCKER, obviously). Or, you can check out our (outdated) web site at http://www.tmbg.org/~ondrey Later. -mike wmbgt slave ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 12:37:05 EDT From: Budnitz1@aol.com Subject: TMBG: Newsgirls? Message-ID: <3e.abc4b7d.2819a8b1@aol.com> I found a song called "Newsgirls" on Napster and it's listed as being by TMBG. I doubt it's actually Them, but it's instrumental, and has sort of a TMBG-ish sound. If anyone wants to check it out, click the link below. Thanks. http://www.angelfire.com/or/prmega/TMBG_Newsgirls.mp3 Budnitz 1 ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 13:46:00 -0400 From: "Jon" Subject: TMBG: Anyone bored? Message-ID: <001a01c0ce78$c2f976a0$10450241@wall1.pa.home.com> After checking out PRMEGA's webpage (I was never able to download that song, by the way...something about direct linking to files?? I don't know...) and decided I'd let ya'll get a glimpse of my page if you'd like to. the link, if you'd care to check it out: http://www.stormloader.com/tmbg It has nothing to do with they might be giants. there isn't much on there worth looking at except a collection of great quotes, tv show lyrics, and pictures of cool stuff including yours truly. maybe i'll add other stuff some other time. probably not. im too lazy and this "senioritis" disease really has a hold of me now that' it's warm out. enjoy. im off to play frisbee. later. jon ~"For the first time, in that night alive with signs and stars, I opened myself to the gentle indifference of the world."~ Albert Camus ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 14:09:02 -0400 From: "Bryce" Subject: TMBG: Sapphire Bullets T-Shirts will be available at Monday's Message-ID: <9c9ob1$pac$1@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Organization: They Might Be Giants, Unofficially http://www.tmbg.org Bowery Ballroom Show I will be at the McSweeney's show on the 30th, and I will have spare Sapphire Bullets shirts with me. If you want one, bring $20. You can find me near the front of the line before the show, or next to the coat check afterwards. I'll have a backpack with me, and I'll have one of the shirts draped over it. Once again, in case there's anyone who missed this before, here's what they look like: http://members.aol.com/brycegh/sb.front.gif http://members.aol.com/brycegh/sb.back.gif Bryce Well, he don't make any money, right? ... Then he's a nut, right? ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 17:19:51 EDT From: PRMega@aol.com Subject: Re: TMBG: Newsgirls? Message-ID: <55.14b7f724.2819eaf7@aol.com> >I found a song called "Newsgirls" on Napster and it's listed as being by TMBG. I >doubt it's actually Them, but it's instrumental, and has sort of a TMBG-ish sound. If >anyone wants to check it out, click the link below. Ok, now let's try it with a url that works. www.angelfire.com/or/prmega There's a link right near the top of the page. PR Mega ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 17:24:44 -0400 From: Subject: TMBG: Istanbul Message-ID: <000001c0ce97$51da04c0$28050a0a@ergogroup.com> If anyone is interested in hearing my band's version of Istanbul, you will find it at www.megahits.com/lees -----Original Message----- From: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org [mailto:owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org]On Behalf Of PRMega@aol.com Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2001 5:20 PM To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Subject: Re: TMBG: Newsgirls? >I found a song called "Newsgirls" on Napster and it's listed as being by TMBG. I >doubt it's actually Them, but it's instrumental, and has sort of a TMBG-ish sound. If >anyone wants to check it out, click the link below. Ok, now let's try it with a url that works. www.angelfire.com/or/prmega There's a link right near the top of the page. PR Mega ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 17:53:18 EDT From: MST3Kenobi@aol.com Subject: TMBG: dumb, but it mad my day... Message-ID: <38.153cd44a.2819f2ce@aol.com> Greetings, comrades. Today I was working with this group of traveling performers who were at my school (I'm the only one there who knows how to work the lightboard, many doors have been opened for me) and part of their show was supposed to be like a game show (the whole thing was pretty dumb, but it got me out of my first 8 periods of the day). The theme music for it was track 2 on STD - the STD Theme. That just made my day. No one really seemed to care, or know what I was talking about, but I just took that as a sign that everything was nominal. Appearantly the stage manager just found it on napster. Oh well. That just made my day. Nanoo nanno. ~MST3Kenobi "I wanna be a nonconformist just like everyong else"~Kuemmerle ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 18:01:38 -0400 From: "Jon" Subject: TMBG: Re: Istanbul Message-ID: <001801c0ce9c$7a045c20$10450241@wall1.pa.home.com> It's a small world after all! One of the groups you had listed on your website which share the band name "Mid-Life Crisis" is my choir teachers group. They do accapella versions of 50's and 60's songs...they're not that great, but heh, you've got a link to them! Jon ~"For the first time, in that night alive with signs and stars, I opened myself to the gentle indifference of the world."~ Albert Camus ----- Original Message ----- From: To: Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2001 5:24 PM Subject: TMBG: Istanbul > If anyone is interested in hearing my band's version of Istanbul, you will > find it at www.megahits.com/lees > > -----Original Message----- > From: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org [mailto:owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org]On > Behalf Of PRMega@aol.com > Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2001 5:20 PM > To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org > Subject: Re: TMBG: Newsgirls? > > > >I found a song called "Newsgirls" on Napster and it's listed as being by > TMBG. I >doubt it's actually Them, but it's instrumental, and has sort of a > TMBG-ish sound. If >anyone wants to check it out, click the link below. > > Ok, now let's try it with a url that works. > > www.angelfire.com/or/prmega > > There's a link right near the top of the page. > > PR Mega > ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #40-25 ******************************